Use of Kill Race is crapping the games....

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#91 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm

Desert-Fox wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:DF,
I really don't care one way or the other about "The Queue Stuffers", I don't do it. It's something that that can't be stopped or controlled unless you are using PHost.

The ones who do it, feels that the one PBP and freeing up a ship slot gives them an advantage. I was only pointing out how that recycling the ship free up a ship slot doesn't mean they'll build a replacement, it just means someone will.
I'm thinking I need to get into some Phost and try it out...sounds like it offers and FIXES a lot of things....

DF
The next game I build is going to be a Phost game.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#92 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Desert-Fox wrote:Question to anyone: Is there some documentation on PHost that is in text format not HTML? I'd like to sit down and read about it.

DF
You need to print it my friend :) <evil>
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#93 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:33 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:DF,
Here you go
http://phost.de/docs.html
you will see the link to download the doc's, pay close attention to the extended missions and the ingame commands. This takes working alliances to a entire new level. I still prefer the game with TimShiplist, but only because I am familar with it, I do prefer also 750 shiplimit as well, squaters beware.
Don't forget to get a new package of paper and black ink cartridge.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#94 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:33 pm

Okay everyone, we have two conversations going on about PHost, in two different areas. I've created a new forum, PHost Questions and Answers > Discussions about a PHost Game
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#95 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:34 pm

Havok wrote:
Desert-Fox wrote:Question to anyone: Is there some documentation on PHost that is in text format not HTML? I'd like to sit down and read about it.

DF
You need to print it my friend :) <evil>
How must paper did you use? :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#96 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:36 pm

Spacelord is definitely the best c-player out there, but it does a lot of basic, non race specific things wrong (nice juicy LDSFs out n open space). I use it all the time to sim, try out different things. I was just making a point that if Spacelord does not use a technique it does not mean it isn't a valid thing to do.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#97 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:39 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Spacelord is definitely the best c-player out there, but it does a lot of basic, non race specific things wrong (nice juicy LDSFs out n open space). I use it all the time to sim, try out different things. I was just making a point that if Spacelord does not use a technique it does not mean it isn't a valid thing to do.
KILLRACE THEM ALL!!!
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#98 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:40 pm

Havok wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:DF,
Here you go
http://phost.de/docs.html
you will see the link to download the doc's, pay close attention to the extended missions and the ingame commands. This takes working alliances to a entire new level. I still prefer the game with TimShiplist, but only because I am familar with it, I do prefer also 750 shiplimit as well, squaters beware.
Don't forget to get a new package of paper and black ink cartridge.
No I use adobe(full blown Version) to print to a PDF, a pdf file that I can Read like a word document, if you are NICE to me I might SHARE the pdf.
I KNOW we are talking about vanilla, but I would like 1 change, from the Vanilla setup.
AllowBuildFighters Values: Yes No
Default: No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,Yes,Yes,Yes
Change:No,No,No,No,No,No,No,YES,Yes,Yes,Yes
Allow the Empire to build ships

CumulativePillaging Values: Yes No Yes is the default but normally gets turned off leave it on.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Gilgamesh

Post#99 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:Spacelord is definitely the best c-player out there, but it does a lot of basic, non race specific things wrong (nice juicy LDSFs out n open space). I use it all the time to sim, try out different things. I was just making a point that if Spacelord does not use a technique it does not mean it isn't a valid thing to do.
KILLRACE THEM ALL!!!
...and now back to our regularly scheduled program, already in progress.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

B A N E

Post#100 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Wow, something must be terribly wrong with Phost if it by
default doesn't allow the EE to build ships.
Enemy#1 wrote:Allow the Empire to build ships
:pointlaugh:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Shardin5

Post#101 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:47 pm

B A N E wrote:Wow, something must be terribly wrong with Phost if it by
default doesn't allow the EE to build ships.
Enemy#1 wrote:Allow the Empire to build ships
:pointlaugh:
:bang: Bane you know what I mean, allow them to use mineral and Supplies to build fighters like 9,10,11, NO free fighters at Empire SB's, but they can build them like the others fighter Races.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Game Suggestions”