Challenge to Death's Head

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

B A N E

Yep, the Peanut Gallery takes a tangent...

Post#16 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:21 pm

Cardno wrote: have you thought to play SRACE, and play the same two or three races? As i understand it, SRACE needs PHOST, rather than Timhost. Just an option..
Real Quick, OT Answer:
SRACE is specifically a Timhost host version that allows any race.
It's old and has problems.

PHost has built in race switching capability and once Phost pconfig.src
is understood by a host, the switching is really simple for both the
player and the host.

Back to picking races...

Interesting! 8)
Anubis: Fed
DH: Liz, EE
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

anubis

Post#17 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Death's Head wrote:OK, my two picks will be the Empire and Lizard races....

Back to you.....
I'll go with the Fascists and the Colonials giving me 1/4/11

Cardno

Post#18 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Thanks for that update on the various hosts...

Should be an interesting game, AFTER loki and mine is set up... :lol:

Death's Head

Post#19 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:18 pm

anubis wrote:

Back to you.....

OK, my final is the Birds giving me 2/3/8. Guess we are set to go once Havok can get us up and running. Good luck and thanks for offering me this challenge. Here's your gauntlet back. :lol:

And thanks to you Havok for setting up this game.....
Death's Head (Your Worst Nightmare)

anubis

Post#20 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:22 pm

Death's Head wrote:
anubis wrote:

Back to you.....

OK, my final is the Birds giving me 2/3/8. Guess we are set to go once Havok can get us up and running. Good luck and thanks for offering me this challenge. Here's your gauntlet back. :lol:

And thanks to you Havok for setting up this game.....
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Something tells me I am going to see many, many, many empire starbases.......

B A N E

Post#21 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:02 am

8)
versus

When you two start the game, since there is no one else involved,
it'd be interesting to read "reports" as the war progresses.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Cardno

Post#22 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:38 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Ok,
Sounds like several people are trying to copy the Grudge match Sherek and I tried to start last year.
Hell man - its not all about you! :lol: Didn't even know you had a grudge match last year until you mentioned it in an earlier post. Who won anyway?

hennef

Post#23 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:36 pm

Cardno wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:Ok,
Sounds like several people are trying to copy the Grudge match Sherek and I tried to start last year.
Hell man - its not all about you! :lol: Didn't even know you had a grudge match last year until you mentioned it in an earlier post. Who won anyway?
lol :D

did that game ever commence at all?

but that new one here sounds very interesting.....
have fun!

hennef

Shardin5

Post#24 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:10 pm

Cardno,
YOU need to read all the posts on this one and you will realize, I was poking at the host, not the the players in either of the Grudge games in the works. Sherek and I had a Grudge match plan, but we needed phost, as our game plan was 4 races each, we would send in our picks blindly without the other one knowing, and we could each of the same races, if we wanted. We sent in our race picks to Havok, we were going to share our VCR files on the site so all could see the battle, but Havok, was just coming up to speed with PHOST, and was unable to host the game at the time. NOW the January coming up could be different. Unfortuantly the forum section with our game config is now offline, looking forward to listening to the the married couple of Loki and DH.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#25 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:37 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Cardno,
YOU need to read all the posts on this one and you will realize, I was poking at the host, not the the players in either of the Grudge games in the works. Sherek and I had a Grudge match plan, but we needed phost, as our game plan was 4 races each, we would send in our picks blindly without the other one knowing, and we could each of the same races, if we wanted. We sent in our race picks to Havok, we were going to share our VCR files on the site so all could see the battle, but Havok, was just coming up to speed with PHOST, and was unable to host the game at the time. NOW the January coming up could be different. Unfortuantly the forum section with our game config is now offline, looking forward to listening to the the married couple of Loki and DH.
The messages were saved from your forum and merged into the Offline Games forum.

As for the game itself, it was the custom shiplist that was a major part of the problem. You guys provided way to little lnfo, and that mixed with my limited understanding of PHOST at the time created a big headache. :stars:
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#26 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:51 pm

I didn't say it was an easy one to build, the multi race setting had to be a real PAIN and ONE of the reason's I don't host as well. Crazy mix up settings for games, people always complaining and whining, and always wanting more.
:whip:
President Ronald Reagan

B A N E

Post#27 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:10 pm

B A N E wrote:8)
versus

Ah, back to the peanut gallery discussion of the picks.

So folks, whatta ya'll think of the split?

Anubis taking Fed, Fascist & CofM
DH taking Liz, Bird and Empire
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Shardin5

Post#28 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:23 pm

I think Anibus, will be putting a hurting on DH, his mix of Races,
Hope he can play all them a little bit and he shouldn't have any Problems with DH.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#29 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:39 pm

B A N E wrote:
B A N E wrote:8)
versus

Ah, back to the peanut gallery discussion of the picks.

So folks, whatta ya'll think of the split?

Anubis taking Fed, Fascist & CofM
DH taking Liz, Bird and Empire
I think they both have a big headache on their hands. :twisted:
Regards,
][avok

anubis

Post#30 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:34 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:I think Anibus, will be putting a hurting on DH, his mix of Races,
Hope he can play all them a little bit and he shouldn't have any Problems with DH.
I did a little bit of math and some SIMs, and as long as DH manages his hisser's and Empire bases well, he will have enough fighters.

The Bird was an interesting choice, I am not sure what to make of it. A Lizard controlled D/W is a scary thought, it can take out most of my starbases, so I will have to be careful....

His big gun (a Lizard gorbie, obviously) is a scary one. In sims, it destroys a Fed controlled Virgo 80% of the time, but I think I can live with that. The mine sweeping and Cobols made up for the weaker ship over the Robots or the Rebels (Fed Golems beat Lizard Gorbies 40% of the time, Fed Rushes 30% of the time).

All-in-all, I think it will be a fair game. My IDEAL race choices were going to be Fed-Lizard-Fighter Race, but I didn't think he would let me get both of the key "battle races" (Feds for Scotty, Lizard for hte 150), that would have been suicide. THe addition of Homeworlds and gates should add a bit of a twist too....

I will be sure to post updates. Does anyone know how to post VCRs? I will be glad to post some links to those too if someone tells me how!.

Return to “Game Suggestions”