new games!?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

new games!?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:18 pm

I have a totally crazy idea...

how about a game with the name "no frills" (and may be a number) and absolutely no add-ons? :mrgreen:

To be honest... I just miss a new game. I had two or three busy months and now I'm down to just one game.

I'm looking for a NF game (to all others: stay away from the privs! I WANT THEM THIS TIME!!!) and of course I'm waiting for all the marbles 2 that should start in the next weeks/months (?) too. Then I'm happy again.

Havok? I know I'm pesting you but I'm sooooo greedy :whip: O:)

and to throw in a comment that justifies my posting in that forum: :blah:
how about a game (no matter what setup or vanilla at all) in which only players that got at least one top 3 rank are allowed to join? That would ensure some really tough fights.

what was that? "without tv and beer homer gets crazy"?
If yes I can repeat that with vpl and... well... food!?

Cheers
Emperor Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Kid Khan

Re: new games!?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Mika wrote:how about a game with the name "no frills" (and may be a number) and absolutely no add-ons? :mrgreen:
I second that! NFXI has no real enemies, NFXIV was just fun joining as replacement, when everything seemed lost...

So, I want wars!

I'll pick the Borg this time, if you'd book them for me, please, Havok?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:25 pm

Mika wrote:I have a totally crazy idea...

how about a game with the name "no frills" (and may be a number) and absolutely no add-ons? :mrgreen:

To be honest... I just miss a new game. I had two or three busy months and now I'm down to just one game.

I'm looking for a NF game (to all others: stay away from the privs! I WANT THEM THIS TIME!!!) and of course I'm waiting for all the marbles 2 that should start in the next weeks/months (?) too. Then I'm happy again.

how about a game (no matter what setup or vanilla at all) in which only players that got at least one top 3 rank are allowed to join? That would ensure some really tough fights.

Cheers
Emperor Mika
I know it's been a while since I posted a batch of new games. My apologies there.

I've been holding off on the NF games because the last few have had players going in and out of them like a revolving door at a department store.

There will definitely be some soon.
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#4 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:37 pm

hmm, cyborgs.... i linger to play them for once, but i would go for either "old-school": robots! or "new-school": fascists! as well....
have fun!

hennef

anubis

Post#5 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:14 am

Havok wrote:

Cheers
Emperor Mika
I know it's been a while since I posted a batch of new games. My apologies there.

I've been holding off on the NF games because the last few have had players going in and out of them like a revolving door at a department store.

I still think you should start one with that multi-ship addon (whatever it was called, the one that is not TKF....)

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:02 am

anubis wrote:
Havok wrote:

Cheers
Emperor Mika

I still think you should start one with that multi-ship addon (whatever it was called, the one that is not TKF....)
You mean the Tactical VCR 2 mod. Everyone will need to register a copy to play it if they want to get in on the action :)
Regards,
][avok

anubis

Post#7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Havok wrote:
anubis wrote:
Havok wrote: I know it's been a while since I posted a batch of new games. My apologies there.

You mean the Tactical VCR 2 mod. Everyone will need to register a copy to play it if they want to get in on the action :)
Yeah, that's the one. Registration is like 7 dollars or something tiny like that, so it is an easy one.

Bob C

Post#8 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Count me in for a no frill..............winter's so long.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:47 pm

anubis wrote:
Havok wrote:
anubis wrote: I still think you should start one with that multi-ship addon (whatever it was called, the one that is not TKF....)
Yeah, that's the one. Registration is like 7 dollars or something tiny like that, so it is an easy one.
And you can do it via PayPal. The author is also easy to contact. He monitors his Yahoo address pretty regularlly.
Regards,
][avok

A. K. Waters

Post#10 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:52 pm

I have to disagree, I like No Frills Games! The only thing I would suggest as an improvement would be one add-on "sphere".

I enjoy No Frills moreso than the other more dramatic games that are on the site. But again that is just my small opinion that is in the smallest minority.

:trek:

Mika

Post#11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 pm

A. K. Waters wrote:I have to disagree, I like No Frills Games! The only thing I would suggest as an improvement would be one add-on "sphere".

I enjoy No Frills moreso than the other more dramatic games that are on the site. But again that is just my small opinion that is in the smallest minority.

you are not alone...
I love these games too. Sphere is also ok to me. Sometimes I even try other shiplists but most add-ons are obsolete if you ask me.

And I'm still waiting to play the privs again.

So ][avok, please ban everyone who wants to sign up as privateer before I can do it!

everyone:
Do NOT sign up as priv in a low/no add-on game! And do what I say... I'm dangerous :bruce:
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#12 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:25 pm

A. K. Waters wrote:I have to disagree, I like No Frills Games! The only thing I would suggest as an improvement would be one add-on "sphere".

I run Sphere on about half of them. People are very passionate about the Sphere add-on. They either really love it or really hate it. No middle ground at all.

As I said on a previous post, I’ve held back on the No Frills game’s lately. Mostly because the last few that I made have had a rotating roster of players non stop since launching them. That’s not good for the game moral. =; I like to fill a game and close it, not have to re-open it to add a player every 2 days and then close it again.

Also, I really want to push quality over quantity here. I know, I know, I have a lot of games running, and that’s because I try to accommodate everyone and not be a generic site.

More games are right around the corner. I’ve got a custom PHost game to finish setting up so Enemy #1 will stop whining and I have a private game to setup for Klauser. After I get those running, we’ll start getting some regular stuff in there and get the scenarios from the SDC running too.

There aren’t enough hours in a day!!!
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#13 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:06 am

Mika wrote:

you are not alone...
I love these games too. Sphere is also ok to me. Sometimes I even try other shiplists but most add-ons are obsolete if you ask me.

So ][avok, please ban everyone who wants to sign up as privateer before I can do it!

everyone:
Do NOT sign up as priv in a low/no add-on game! And do what I say... I'm dangerous :bruce:

hmm, i could play the privs once more...... maybe i just wait here and join every game that opens as privateer :roll:
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#14 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:08 am

hennef wrote:
Mika wrote:

you are not alone...

everyone:

hmm, i could play the privs once more...... maybe i just wait here and join every game that opens as privateer :roll:
Gunnado likes the Priv's as well. He's also quite savy at it. I would say he's the strongest player on the southern team in the North vs. South game that I know of.

Hey, know what you call a Kiwi with a sheep under each arm?

IN LOVE!

HA!!!
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Post#15 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:22 am

Havok wrote:[

Gunnado likes the Priv's as well. He's also quite savy at it. I would say he's the strongest player on the southern team in the North vs. South game that I know of.

Hey, know what you call a Kiwi with a sheep under each arm?

IN LOVE!

HA!!!
Geez you're really going to confuse the poor sheep squeezer....

First you give him an inflated ego, then you mess with his emotions....

:lol:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Return to “Game Suggestions”