Game Starting Schedule

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Black Knight

Game Starting Schedule

Post#1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:39 pm

Hello.

I'm new to Circus-Maximus.

I am patiently waiting for the next series of games to start so I can join one of them. :D

I've read through several of the threads in the forums about new players and attracting them to the VGA Planets online community.

As one of those new online players, I'd like to say that I'm ready to play! I just have no idea how long I'll have to wait for a new game to start. Some way of indicating that on the site would be extremely appreciated.

There may be other new players would want to play and are patiently waiting as well...

... and in the meantime, if anyone out there knows the game starting schedule please let me know. Thanks!
Black Knight

"It's only an unfair advantage if it's not yours."

Klauser

Post#2 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:49 pm

Black Knight,

By the power vested in me by nobody in particular, I'd like to welcome you.

Games usually wind up starting every couple of weeks or so, but ][avck, our fearless leader is taking some well deserved time off. I know he intends to kick off a few games here in the next week or so.

If you're new to VGA Planets, I suggest you sign up for one of the "No Frills" games. A few players have been clamoring for a new one, so keep an eye on CM for the announcement. If you have any specific questions about the game - ASK. There is no shortage of expertise ... or opinions ... available.

Again, welcome to our little corner of crazy.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Black Knight

Post#3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:10 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Klauser.

And thanks for the info on the games. I'll keep an eye out for the next NoFrills game.

I'm not really new to VGA Planets... I've just never played online.

Looking forward to learning some new tricks of the trade though from some veteran players.
Black Knight

"It's only an unfair advantage if it's not yours."

hennef

Post#4 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:03 pm

then we will meet in the next nofrills, i hope.

welcome to the circus ;)
have fun!

hennef

Julius Atreides

Post#5 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:42 pm

:D Welcome Black Knight.. as an online newb myself... I welcome you.

But then... I may be considered just a plain ole VGA newb altogether hehe.

I learn fast though 8)

Show no mercy to me in the games I play lest I not learn the easy and hard lessons early :)

And give no quarter to Black Knight either :P

AngryJohnny

Post#6 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Welcome Black Knight & Julius! I don't know if I have the tenure to welcome a newbie to the site/game as I haven't been here that long either - but, you are newer than me so welcome! I'll look for you in the NoFrills games (my fave to play) & maybe I'll waste a frieghter or 2 & you can return the favor? LOL.

I've seen the game start pretty regularly here & also noticed that normally there is no shortage of players to fill the slots either so the games usually begin pretty quick once they are created. Don't have to wait for weeks for the slots to fill up. See you both in the cluster... maybe... LOL

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

Julius Atreides

Post#7 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:41 pm

I probably will not join any more games until SFB ends, though I also may give into temptation.

I've got two other games, one about to start and one in the deep of things as the privateers. Dang the pirates take a lot of micromanagement.

Cherek

Post#8 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Welcome to ... uhm ... what site am I at now? Anyway, welcome Black Knight enjoy the site and feel free to ask questions, someone will answer them.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#9 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:19 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Welcome to ... uhm ... what site am I at now? Anyway, welcome Black Knight enjoy the site and feel free to ask questions, someone will answer them.
so now you can't even remember that? :P

lets all meet in nofrills "where are we exactly at xxxxxxx?" and get to know each other better ;) and no sheeps allowed in this one!
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#10 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:23 pm

hennef wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Welcome to ... uhm ... what site am I at now? Anyway, welcome Black Knight enjoy the site and feel free to ask questions, someone will answer them.

lets all meet in nofrills "where are we exactly at xxxxxxx?" and get to know each other better ;) and no sheeps allowed in this one!
My next game will be "When Empires Collide", then after that, it will be the AoA scenario. So, I'm going to be be busy for the next year or so.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Catman

Post#11 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:31 pm

Welcome Black Knight!
I too am sorta new here, but played VGAP back when it first came out for a cpl yeras. After a long hiatus <sp> I am back to playing. Am learning new things still with all the changes and add-ons and updates and...etc.
This is truly the best site I have found and I am particularly fond of the No Frills games...being "old school" and all. All players here are very helpfull, especially to people like me who suffer from C.R.S.
Enjoy and I'll see you on the frontier!

Catman

hennef

Post#12 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:19 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:

My next game will be "When Empires Collide", then after that, it will be the AoA scenario. So, I'm going to be be busy for the next year or so.
baaaa, that one little nf-game would not hurt you, would it?

or are you afraid of something? 8)
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#13 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:52 pm

hennef wrote:baaaa, that one little nf-game would not hurt you, would it?

or are you afraid of something? 8)
Nope
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Game Starting Schedule

Post#14 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:37 pm

Black Knight wrote:Hello.

I'm new to Circus-Maximus.

I am patiently waiting for the next series of games to start so I can join one of them. :D

I've read through several of the threads in the forums about new players and attracting them to the VGA Planets online community.

As one of those new online players, I'd like to say that I'm ready to play! I just have no idea how long I'll have to wait for a new game to start. Some way of indicating that on the site would be extremely appreciated.

There may be other new players would want to play and are patiently waiting as well...

... and in the meantime, if anyone out there knows the game starting schedule please let me know. Thanks!
Games? They have games here?

Seriously, I'll have some new games this week. I'm out of town right now.
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#15 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:38 am

stop him, he is running away.....

:roll: hmmm, new games..... 8)
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Game Suggestions”