CM- new game/team games

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

CM- new game/team games

Post#1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 pm

New Game/games Im would like to get into a early years SFB game.
Also is there any intrest in a team game from CM to challenge another
VGP website? ( Mabe use the SFB scenario). Can we put out some kind of challenge to other servers?

Casebolt.....

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: CM- new game/games

Post#2 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:10 am

casebolt wrote:New Game/games Im would like to get into a early years SFB game.
Also is there any intrest in a team game from CM to challenge another
VGP website? ( Mabe use the SFB scenario). Can we put out some kind of challenge to other servers?

Casebolt.....
Probably the best thing to do if you want to challenge another site would be to get a team up first, then start looking for someone to challenge.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:36 am

Ok,, im in anyone else?



Casebolt.....

User avatar
Samuelt86
Posts: 170
Contact:

Post#4 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:52 am

Can count me as interested in a team game. I just had two gamed end & have room for another challenge. I would suggest a No Frills format (no add-ons and blank score. I'm open.

User avatar
Mika
Posts: 739
Contact:

Post#5 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:47 am

if it is a game with no add-ons (may be just a random map) I might be interested too... can't promise that. I just need one or two more games and whatever comes to my mind first will have to deal with me throughout the game ;)

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#6 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:35 am

Im up for anything but would love to play a SFB scenario, anyone want to play a team game of SFB? I would really enjoy a teamgame with the Feds vs Klingons, or Romulans, or something like one team Fed, Fed,Fed,Gorn Gorn, Vs Klingon,Klingon,Klingon, Romulan,Romulan.

Damn host it up !!!!


Casebolt.......

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#7 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:05 pm

I believe a challenge to another Server can only be good for all that participate. Team games are very enjoyable and you meet others out there in the VGA commuity that become close freinds. On the other hand fresh meat.

Im all for a team game challenge to another server, is Circus Maximus the only one left? I have noticed many of the ones I used to play on are gone.

Goldies,Biohazard, NAVGAP? Sharenet? all gone? if you are intrested in playing say so, we have to have 5 willing to play just to talk about the setup, races, maps, speak up! what are your thoughts on this?




Casebolt...

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#8 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:15 pm

casebolt wrote:I believe a challenge to another Server can only be good for all that participate. Team games are very enjoyable and you meet others out there in the VGA commuity that become close freinds. On the other hand fresh meat.

Im all for a team game challenge to another server, is Circus Maximus the only one left? I have noticed many of the ones I used to play on are gone.

Goldies,Biohazard, NAVGAP? Sharenet? all gone? if you are intrested in playing say so, we have to have 5 willing to play just to talk about the setup, races, maps, speak up! what are your thoughts on this?




Casebolt...
If I could make a couple of suggestions.

Once you get your team together, you'll want to come up with a name for it and setup a page with the members. I don't mind hosting the team page out of CM, or if serveral teams are made, I've got plenty of room. If more than one team comes out of this, and you can't get anyone else to fight you, you can at least fight amongst yourselves. :).

When you're ready for your open challenge, you may want to post it in the Yahoo VGAP newsgroup: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vgaplanets2/

and the UseNet alt.games.vga-planets newsgroup at:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.vga-planets
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#9 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:01 am

I dont know, been quiet, people must be busy in other games.

Casebolt....

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#10 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:21 am

casebolt wrote:I dont know, been quiet, people must be busy in other games.

Casebolt....
Surely there's some old school players and some newer ones that want to join your roving gang of destroyers. :stirthepot:
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Samuelt86
Posts: 170
Contact:

Post#11 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:38 am

As I said, I have some interest in a team game. I suppose you could count me as an old school player. :static: I have a wee bit of experience. I especially like the idea of challenging other host teams. :bang: I am sure as one of Joe's Rangers, we can create a little Havok. :chair: (I couldn't help it)

Sam


:nlmda: \:D/ :nlmda: \:D/ :nlmda:

User avatar
Mika
Posts: 739
Contact:

Post#12 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:20 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :aargh: ](*,)
THREE new games... I was away for just three days and when I come back all games are full.

Once again I have to notice that Fortuna is a woman...

but I repeat it again... I might be very interested in a team game too...
also old school here.
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#13 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:50 pm

yo, that is a fact. i couldn't join the new games as well - at least not the games i wanted with the races i wanted.....

but my next game shall be a solo-game for me. NvS is enough team for now. a good team btw ;)
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#14 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:13 pm

So what races would you like to play in this team game? SFB scenario
Im thinking Klingon myself. Even without the B-10 (mineral hog) the Klingons seems to have very nice ships.

Casebolt....

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#15 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:21 pm

Samuelt86 wrote:As I said, I have some interest in a team game. I suppose you could count me as an old school player. :static: I have a wee bit of experience. I especially like the idea of challenging other host teams. :bang: I am sure as one of Joe's Rangers, we can create a little Havok. :chair: (I couldn't help it)

Sam


:nlmda: \:D/ :nlmda: \:D/ :nlmda:
I won't be on any team games for a while. In fact once I get all this stuff up and running, I'm going to try and take a step back. There's lots going on in RL for the remainder of 2006.

Again though, if you guys want to make a team, and go out and scare people. By all means, do it. I'll host your page.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron