Challenge to all STB Romulans vs ?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

casebolt

Challenge to all STB Romulans vs ?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 am

I would like to play up to 5 slots in a SFB game as Romulan and challenge any takers/taker of 6 slots. This is a straight up fight between 2 races one being played by me (Romulan) and the other? you decide can your team stop the Romulan Star Empire !!

Casebolt....

:-k

B A N E

Post#2 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:03 am

Why not make it simpler on yourself and whoever picks up the challenge?

You play the SFB:Romulans
They play the SFB:???

You get five and they get six homeworld type planets.

This way you both only have one RST/TRN to deal with but it is
effectively the same as the scenario you suggest.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

hennef

Post#3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:24 pm

yep, that sounds much better.

or think of the problems you will have with primary-enemy-settings....
have fun!

hennef

casebolt

Post#4 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:07 pm

PE could be a problem, Im willing to be flexable on the 1 rst 5 hw option.

I see the same basic game just worded different. My team are 5 slots of Romulan, My team would starts with 5 HWs, 5 rsts that generate 5 TRNs. (I reserve the right to add + or minus Romulan commanders) Thus I dont want one RST with 5 HWs.
As for the 6 other slots they can dice it up however they want, They could even be different races as long as I agree with the picks.!!
Races I want to see are Feds,Gorn,Klingons, Hydran, Lyran, Kzin, with the STB theme, and hopefully Banes lastest art work.

Casebolt

casebolt

Post#5 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:05 am

Hrm what will it take to get a game going here, Ill run 4 slots to 6 slots, any takers?
The Romulan Star Empire under the command of Casebolt wants more cowbell lets go!!!

Casebolt...

hennef

Post#6 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:38 am

i would take the isc - they bring peace! :P
have fun!

hennef

casebolt

Post#7 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:04 am

I need to read the docs , do you have someone else to help you? or do you want to go alone?

Casebolt,,,(reading)

casebolt

Post#8 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:15 pm

No ICS in this one :(

Casebolt....

hennef

Post#9 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:47 pm

hahaha, WHY???

i like em. and they are even better when you get your hands on some neo-tholian-battleships :P
have fun!

hennef

casebolt

Post#10 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Trying to get the Early SFB flavor, ICS is a after thought race, Did Rodenberry come up with this race or someone else after he died?

Im leaning toward a classic Romulan vs Federation /Klingon.

On the other hand, thhe team CM will all so be a SFB theme play the ICS there!!! We got 3 players you would make 4 and we need one more and the team challenge can go out . (I want the Klingons in that one)

Casebolt....

Klauser

Post#11 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:51 pm

casebolt wrote:Trying to get the Early SFB flavor, ICS is a after thought race, Did Rodenberry come up with this race or someone else after he died?
The Feds, Gorn, Romulans, Klingons, Orions, and Tholians are "canon" or offical Trek races. The Kzinti are marginal - they were featured in one Trek Animated Series episode. The rest, Lyran, ISC, Seltorian, and Hydran were created by the SFB staff.

Interesting point you bring up about early SFB era conditions. The SFB folks released a module on that era - it's set as each of the empires is starting it's expansion. The Tholians and the Seltorians haven't reached our galaxy yet. And this is well before the ISC expansion. It includes three new (or is it old) races - the Paravians, Carnivons and Vudar.

Translating it to VGAP would be even more problematic than standard SFB - IIRC the largest ships were the dreadnoughts and standard carriers. However, if you were willing to work within those restrictions, it could be done ...

I'll dig up the module and do some homework.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

casebolt

Post#12 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:58 pm

Yes we are on the same page, Reason why I said only the Feds,Klingon, and Romulan was I was thinking on the "Early Years" what you said sounds very cool just what Im looking for. I have no conection to the Pirates, I cant see how they could be considered in a War with vast Empires. And the Thoalians in a 4 vs 6 is not a good Idea. Thoalians in the Early years Kept to themselves total defense.

How or what do I do to get this scenario going ?

Casebolt...

Klauser

Post#13 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:29 am

Well, the way I see it you've got two options.

1) Quick and dirty. I can alter the existing SFB shiplists to reflect an earlier era - like I said, dreadnoughts and standard carriers as your high end ships. Make it a 8-9 player game and just leave out the Seltorians and Tholians.

2) More involved. I can spend some time and draft out an "early years" set of races to include these older races. This will take longer and require some graphics work.

Personnally, I'd recommend going with option 1 for right now - it can be done in a matter of a week or so. That way you can get a good gage on the level of interest. Option 2 will take at least a month or so of work, which may get pissed away if no one is interested.

Your call ...
Klauser

B A N E

Post#14 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:41 am

Might be worthwhile to see the interest in Arena first to gauge whether
or not it is worth the effort required.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Klauser

Post#15 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:51 am

B A N E wrote:Might be worthwhile to see the interest in Arena first to gauge whether or not it is worth the effort required.
As much as I hate to defer to a Vorlon that can drink me under the table, he's got a point ;)
Klauser

Return to “Game Suggestions”