An Alternative to KillRace

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

An Alternative to KillRace

Post#1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:38 pm

I've stumbled on an old dos util called "StunRace" that is a called a weaker version of KillRace. This might be more appropriate to use in the future. Here's the authors description of the program

Stunrace is a milder version of killrace (for players who've dropped out), which breaks alliances, sets planetary codes to ATT/NUK and ships to kill, but doesn't destroy an empire.

Due to the defensive posture it puts the race in, it should also make things a little easier for the person who's taking the race over. I'll be trying this one soon.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#2 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:04 pm

I like that idea, nothing worse than a Race being killed off, when you are the Tholian or Pirate, all that work, can be VAPORISED in one swift move on the hosts part.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

casebolt

Post#3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:14 pm

I agree, we all know what happens when C players run wild!! does it put ships in the Que? can Build ships be turned off?

Casebolt....

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:31 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:I like that idea, nothing worse than a Race being killed off, when you are the Tholian or Pirate, all that work, can be VAPORISED in one swift move on the hosts part.
Yeah that's been the primary complaint about it. All that work, then poof. I had a player drop a game last night and ran it on there already. Worked very well right from the command line.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:32 pm

casebolt wrote:I agree, we all know what happens when C players run wild!! does it put ships in the Que? can Build ships be turned off?

Casebolt....
Depends on the CPlayer. I think the Q changes the ship/planet codes each turn. Not sure about Spacelord.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”