VGA Planets Awards ???

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Klauser

VGA Planets Awards ???

Post#1 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Taken from another thread:
Havok wrote:Maybe this summer we should have a Host Addon Design Contest instead of a Scenario Design Contest. :-k
Havok, your comment about next year's contest got me to thinking ...

Instead of a scenario design contest you might consider an "Academy Awards" type presentation once a year for outstanding contributions to the game.

A suggestion for catagories might be along these lines:

- Best Host Utility
- Best Player Utility
- Best VGAP Scenario
- Best VGAP Article

Thoughts??
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Havok
Site Admin

Re: VGA Planets Awards ???

Post#2 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:02 pm

Klauser wrote:Taken from another thread:
Havok wrote:Maybe this summer we should have a Host Addon Design Contest instead of a Scenario Design Contest. :-k
Havok, your comment about next year's contest got me to thinking ...

Instead of a scenario design contest you might consider an "Academy Awards" type presentation once a year for outstanding contributions to the game.

A suggestion for catagories might be along these lines:

- Best Host Utility
- Best Player Utility
- Best VGAP Scenario
- Best VGAP Article

Thoughts??

That sounds pretty cool.

I think for every VGA Planets Host, Author, Designer, etc. to participate though, it would have to be done by a third party. That would (hopefully) keep things fair and impartial.

From there, that party would be responsible for coming up with the categories and nominees for each one. From there, they would have to contact Hosts and Players for voting and such on certain categories, etc.

To get as many people to participate a lot of advertising would need to be done. Ads would need to be put up on as many VGAP related sites as possible.

It's going to be a lot of work for whoever does it.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”