One Ink Cart Later....

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Sysop
Site Admin

One Ink Cart Later....

Post#1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:30 am

I've got the PHOST doc's printed and they are being reviewed! I don't think my yellow pages are this thick. :mrgreen:
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#2 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:58 am

With all the different configuration settings, it isn't something that you can just throw out there and have it work right.

A note to players, if you are thinking of playing a Phost game and you have never played a Phost game, I'll give you a few pointers. Phost is not easy to play (that is play it right and effectively) has Tim's Host.

1. Download the documents and READ THEM!
2. Make sure you have a registered version of WinPlan or DOSPlan.
3. READ THE DOCUMENTS, AGAIN!
4. If there is something you don't understand, ask questions.
5. Read the documents, again.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#3 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:19 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:With all the different configuration settings, it isn't something that you can just throw out there and have it work right.

A note to players, if you are thinking of playing a Phost game and you have never played a Phost game, I'll give you a few pointers. Phost is not easy to play (that is play it right and effectively) has Tim's Host.

1. Download the documents and READ THEM!
2. Make sure you have a registered version of WinPlan or DOSPlan.
3. READ THE DOCUMENTS, AGAIN!
4. If there is something you don't understand, ask questions.
5. Read the documents, again.
Not to discourage anyone from printing them, what you see in the photo is the complete set of docs. For the player, you only need to print about a 3rd of this. 8)

Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#4 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:02 pm

The fun of being a host. :D That is why I have Phost.de booked marked in Mozilla. I do have a printed copy of the Host order and the ship/planet friendly codes. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:The fun of being a host. :D That is why I have Phost.de booked marked in Mozilla. I do have a printed copy of the Host order and the ship/planet friendly codes. :D
I like to have the paperwork. Call me old fashioned :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#6 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:31 pm

Sysop wrote:I like to have the paperwork. Call me old fashioned :)
Okay, you are now Old Fashioned instead of ][avok.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#7 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:21 pm

As long as he is moving forward, I don't care if he is old fashioned or not.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Lord Admiral Static IRJTN

Post#8 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:02 am

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:As long as he is moving forward, I don't care if he is old fashioned or not.
And just WHAT are you saying? I can read inbetween the lines. Although, with your background, you just might be able to count to 21. :o :twisted: :?

Lord Admiral Static,
Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy
Lord Admiral Static :static:
Emperor of the Echo Cluster
El Presidente'
Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:34 am

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:As long as he is moving forward, I don't care if he is old fashioned or not.
Hey speaking of Old Fashioned. When is Windows going to come out of beta Shardy? I don't know what's been in beta longer. Windows or VGAP 4.0.

\:D/
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#10 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:09 am

Sysop wrote:
Hey speaking of Old Fashioned. When is Windows going to come out of beta Shardy? I don't know what's been in beta longer. Windows or VGAP 4.0.

Officially VGAP 4.0 has been, but actually Windows has never gotten out of beta. Like I said earlier, job security for some of us. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#11 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:45 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:

Officially VGAP 4.0 has been, but actually Windows has never gotten out of beta. Like I said earlier, job security for some of us. :lol:
Definately job security. :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Game Suggestions”