Shotgun Blitz

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Shotgun Blitz

Post#1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:31 pm

Do you have an addiction? Do you need to feel that heady rush of excitement when faced with tactical decisions? Is your addiction so strong that you need a fix that a three times a week hit just won't satisfy? Well we've got the game for you!

A few of us are planning a Blitz game in the true sense of the word.

The idea of this game would be to run a "live" Blitz game. All trns would run every 10 - 15 mins. All players would need to be at thier computers for the duration so they can keep up with the play. The game would end when the playing session ends, it will not continue after that day.

The winner will be the player with the most planets at trn 50.
Round custom map, 250 planets, Sphere and Teleport.
No Borg, No Privateers.
Extra rich everything. Not as much time needed for economies.

More info to come.

Please reply to this post if you are interested. A time and date can be organised when we know what sort of response we get. There are 3 players so far, we'd like several more. We can even try to get all players on chat and trash talk each other live.

Darkdimensions has volunteered to host Beta Blitz 1 if ][avok has too much on his plate when the time comes. Thanks Danny!
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#2 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:23 pm

Not much response at this stage Fletch - maybe leave for a slightly later date which gives ppl time to plan for this?

hennef

Post#3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm

too many games atm.
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#4 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Darkdimensions and I came to the same conclusion Cardno. I editted the post to say as much.

As it says, this game would last for that session only. If you can find the time for that then this would not impact on your other games as it ends at the conclusion of the session regardless of the result.

If you are interested in a quick fire game to get a full day of trns played then let us know.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Carlos Weyland

Post#5 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:28 pm

If I undertsand correctly, this would be one day 4 turns an hour so turn 50 would take about 13 hours or so. I would love to play in a game like that, but it would be early summer because I teach.

Yes I would be interested

Carlos
One man in the right place, at the right time, can change anything...even a war.

scooby dood

Post#6 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Me too, but i am busy too. But nice idea!
Ken

Active games:
Arrow of Apollo race 8
Cluster Discovery 80 race 7 @ http://rcworld.de/
Maelstrom race 3

dotman

Any renewed Interest in a Blitz game?

Post#7 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Any further interest in a blitz game? I played a number of these on #vgaplanets some years ago, they were fun. Of course, it happened more than once that we didn't want to give up the game, and continued on afterwards on a normal schedule.

Someone (Relic maybe? Does he play at this site?) had a blitz bot set up to handle the hosting, and you just dcc'd your trns and rsts, was nice and easy. Someone must still have the code.

Don't think we ever got anywhere near turn 50, though...

-D

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Any renewed Interest in a Blitz game?

Post#8 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:01 pm

dotman wrote:Any further interest in a blitz game? I played a number of these on #vgaplanets some years ago, they were fun. Of course, it happened more than once that we didn't want to give up the game, and continued on afterwards on a normal schedule.

Someone (Relic maybe? Does he play at this site?) had a blitz bot set up to handle the hosting, and you just dcc'd your trns and rsts, was nice and easy. Someone must still have the code.

Don't think we ever got anywhere near turn 50, though...

-D
I think that was Kero's site (Arena 2) a couple of years back.

His site is online and offline so much I can't keep up. Last time I looked there were no games.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”