The Ryder Cup

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

Post#16 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:54 am

if we only have 2 teams of 3 or 4 there the setup is even easier. Privs are out, chunneling off and a few races won't get picked (probably Fascists and Empire).

About picking races
we planned a team game some months ago. Finally the game was cancelled due to some personal reasons between the players. But the way we had to choose the teams proofed to be very good.

Team 1 - 1 pick
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 1 pick

We got a pretty well balanced team setup. So it is possible to have it well balanced. If you pick crappy races there is noone that should hear the complaints expcept the Man in the Mirror ((c) Michael Jackson).

If you want you can also predefine a race setup but I would not recommend that.
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

robert

Post#17 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Mika wrote:if we only have 2 teams of 3 or 4 there the setup is even easier. Privs are out, chunneling off and a few races won't get picked (probably Fascists and Empire).

About picking races
we planned a team game some months ago. Finally the game was cancelled due to some personal reasons between the players. But the way we had to choose the teams proofed to be very good.

Team 1 - 1 pick
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 1 pick

We got a pretty well balanced team setup. So it is possible to have it well balanced. If you pick crappy races there is noone that should hear the complaints expcept the Man in the Mirror ((c) Michael Jackson).

If you want you can also predefine a race setup but I would not recommend that.
Yep, cant see any problems with that and if theres a rematch then the other team goes first

Rbert
Last edited by robert on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robert

Post#18 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Its all quiet on the American front.

Are they plotting?

or it could be the weekend and they all have a life (except us Brits)

Rbert

hennef

Post#19 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:24 pm

in "hemispheres NvS" we use a nice map. two halfrounds devidet by a ~200ly gap. makes a pretty frontal scenario. works fine ;)

but i would play with any map. only thing is the placement then: random or set up by the host.

in terms of add-ons i am on Mika's side. i do not like them much. not even starbase+.

only thing i like is teleport and giveplanet, but that would be too huge for such a game :roll:
have fun!

hennef

robert

Post#20 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:52 pm

hennef wrote:in "hemispheres NvS" we use a nice map. two halfrounds devidet by a ~200ly gap. makes a pretty frontal scenario. works fine ;)

but i would play with any map. only thing is the placement then: random or set up by the host.

in terms of add-ons i am on Mika's side. i do not like them much. not even starbase+.

only thing i like is teleport and giveplanet, but that would be too huge for such a game :roll:
Yes I know you dont like Starbase+ , you keep telling me

Rbert

I think we should have a standard map and let the HOST place the HWs, one side of the map each

Junior

Post#21 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Is the game open to us Canadians too? If so, I will throw my hat into the North American side. :wink:

I was sooooo looking forward to the Colonies vs. Borg PHost team game that did not happen for some odd reason. Perhaps this team game will quench my thirst for some great battles.
"In distinguishing the advantages of the tools of warriors, we find that whatever the weapon, there is a time and situation in which it is appropriate."
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

hennef

Post#22 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:17 pm

welcome!

any canadian is at least half an ami :P
have fun!

hennef

robert

Post#23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Junior wrote:Is the game open to us Canadians too? If so, I will throw my hat into the North American side. :wink:

I was sooooo looking forward to the Colonies vs. Borg PHost team game that did not happen for some odd reason. Perhaps this team game will quench my thirst for some great battles.
Saying your half American to a Canadian, isnt that an insult

and Vica Versa

Rbert

robert

Post#24 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:31 pm

hennef wrote:in "hemispheres NvS" we use a nice map. two halfrounds devidet by a ~200ly gap. makes a pretty frontal scenario. works fine ;)

Hennef could you send me a copy of the Universe

Thanks
Robert

Junior

Post#25 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:01 pm

any canadian is at least half an ami
Bite your tongue, eh! :lol:

I must say that I enjoy Timmies a great deal more than those Krispy Kream thingies you sell down south. 8)
"In distinguishing the advantages of the tools of warriors, we find that whatever the weapon, there is a time and situation in which it is appropriate."
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

hennef

Post#26 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:28 am

Junior wrote:

I must say that I enjoy Timmies a great deal more than those Krispy Kream thingies you sell down south. 8)
a whatwhat in a whatwhat?
have fun!

hennef

robert

Post#27 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:31 am

Junior wrote:

Now im completely confused :? :? :?

Robert

planetmaker

Post#28 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:46 am

Mika wrote: Team 1 - 1 pick
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 1 pick
What about the good old method: one team does the assignement of races into two teams, the other gets choice which to choose?

robert

Post#29 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 am

planetmaker wrote:
Mika wrote: Team 1 - 1 pick
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 2 picks
Team 1 - 2 picks
Team 2 - 1 pick
What about the good old method: one team does the assignement of races into two teams, the other gets choice which to choose?
Ill ask Hennef. That seems a good idea as well

Robert

B A N E

Post#30 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:17 pm

Mika wrote:Well, they have Bane and...

ok - they have Bane. Period. ;)
(I know... a poor way to try to lure you into that game)

Mika
:lol:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Game Suggestions”