The Ryder Cup

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

robert

Post#61 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:04 am

Cardno wrote:
robert wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:My wife says something very similar
Ooops! I made a mistake

MY friend says: "Women they DONT improve with age"
I hope you have a chic who reads your posts here.....

If so, I don't expect we will be hearing from you for a while...

Im still here, so no she hasn't read your message YET!!!

hennef

Post#62 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:20 pm

sooooo, we need to get this thing started, don't we?

i will ask ][avok to set up some game. maybe you all can read more about this in the games-section soon :D
have fun!

hennef

robert

Post#63 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:27 am

hennef wrote:sooooo, we need to get this thing started, don't we?

i will ask ][avok to set up some game. maybe you all can read more about this in the games-section soon :D
IM already looking forward to starting

hennef

Post#64 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:25 am

hmmm.... i posted ][avok, but maybe he is busy.... well he must be, because he set up a bunch of new games like AQ2 - which i joined asaik.

so i can wait a little longer till we shoot down all those boings and sell the amis our cars - because theirs are crap - while we enjoy our much better TV-program :P
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#65 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:31 am

hennef wrote:hmmm.... i posted ][avok, but maybe he is busy.... well he must be, because he set up a bunch of new games like AQ2 - which i joined asaik.

so i can wait a little longer till we shoot down all those boings and sell the amis our cars - because theirs are crap - while we enjoy our much better TV-program :P
I haven't forgotten about your 'cup' game, and will follow up with you again shortly.

][avok

Tei

Post#66 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:27 pm

Well, I don't like team games and will not play.

This thread definately needs stiring up.

First lesson for Europeans: American refers to both North and South America. Brazilians consider themselves Americans as do Mexicans.

Second: The reason Americans left Europe is to have free choise. Some unfortunately came not by choise. So why limit which races can be played and criple the others? Why not just use Phost to allow both sides to pick the ones they want?

Third: Americans like to make up all the rules. If it is a contentental conquest, rules should at least be equally divided half European half American. Better would be to have the Americans make the rules and the Europeans follow along.

Forth: Well there was a forth, I don't remember what it was. You know, Americans have short memories...

:chase:

Cardno

Post#67 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:47 am

Fifth American Rule:

While making all the rules up would make you consider that they would have an advantage - don't forget the famous Fifth Rule:

American Friendly Fire....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tei

Post#68 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:44 pm

:?: :stirthepot: :?:

Europeans on holiday?

Mika

Post#69 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:02 am

Not really... we're waiting
We are three for sure maybe four. And it couldn't be too hard to find a fifth one. It is just that this topic was started many weeks ago and many stopped watching that thread.

I'm still open for it but it was not my idea to make such a game. I think that was robert. So the rules are more or less given and everyone can only say "love it or leave it" (what is pretty american too, IIRC ;)).

I will contact the others. I'd say we ask ][avok to open a forum for that one. There we can discuss the config/rules or whatever. I'm pretty sure we will find something that is acceptable.

Just remember that this is no special game. It is just a useless Europe vs America that gives us reasons to start funny flame wars :twisted:

last but not least - CHICKENS! ;) (we were already waiting for some action for a longer time so let's get this on!)

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

radi

Post#70 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:22 am

Hi there,
I'm European too (actually a german/Netherland mix :wink: )
I'm waiting for the start of AQ2 as well as Hennef and I would be happy to play in a team-game as well.
I had a timeout from VGAP since 2004 but like others we all come back isn't it true ?

So if it's OK with the others, I am wiolling to participate and send some ships over the Atlantik.

kind regards,

radi

BTW I didn't find a please to announce myself to the forum. Is that right should I do it somewhere ?
Kind regards

Radi

Cherek

Post#71 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:45 am

No there isn't a right place to announce that you've come back to Planets. This is just as good of a place as any and I do believe you just did that.

Welcome back.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#72 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:23 am

maybe we should have some kind of "lost and found box" for lost players ;)

and GREVENBROICH - Bundeshauptstadt der Energie? lol

join the ryder-cup Radi, it will be fun - the cowboys can not play, so it will be a nice game for getting back into it :P
have fun!

hennef

Shardin5

Post#73 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:01 pm

Cowboys?!?!?!??!
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

casebolt

Post#74 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:40 pm

Hrmmm, Looks interesting sup?

Zardoz

Post#75 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:29 am

I guess I have not been keeping up on this topic. Have the teams been decided yet? Is there enough interest to have more then one scenario.
Zardoz

"Look, we've got front row tickets to the end of the earth!"

Return to “Game Suggestions”