Suggested modifications to the duel template:
#1: Host runs when both turns are in...
(seemed to do that initially)
#2: 72 hour hosting schedule,
Host runs regardless of minimum TRNs present.
#3: 100 planet map as a third alternative.
Whether it is circular or square or square wrapped?
Official template is now here:
http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... hp?p=26028
Here's my revised thoughts, and possibilities for grudge/duel games:
- Uses one of the following maps -- the challenger picks.
Approx 550x1350, approx 1100ly from hw to hw
Approx 550x700, approx 550 ly from hw to hw
- No special addons
- Challenged person can either pick race 1st or defer 1st pick to challenger; Privateers are out unless previously agreed upon by both players
- Victory condition is TBD by mutual agreement prior to game start
- Defaults that will be in place unless both players agree beforehand:
- Max 200 ships in universe
- Random rich universe (minerals & native)
- Extra rich homeworlds
- Very High population (3,000,000)
- High starting money (5000)
- Host runs every 72 hours, or when both turns are in
- Other game settings are per the HCONFIG defaults, except that there will be 0 ion storms
- Any attempt to colonize the "nonexistent" planets (near 0,0 and 4000,4000) or attack/capture the "nonexistent" ships (near 0,0) results in game forfeiture