This sounds like a decent starting position, but instead of "levels" and a fixed point system, I think we should treat it like chess.RealMurphy wrote:If you mean the 1on1 duel arena from rebels-hq, here is a rough translation:
1 vs 1 - same race - same shiplist - Duel Tournament
Starmap: 650 X 650 LY with 90-100 Planets; Shiplimit: 100 Ships
New players start with 1500 points, for evey duel won the player gains 50 points and the loser loses 50 points. Exception: Losers from level 1 duels don't lose points.
If a player does not participate in any dual for more than a year, she/he will also lose 50 points.
It is possible to play many duals of the same level at the same time. To play a higher level dual, every old-level games must have finished.
Assuming a new player with 1500 points starts with three duels:
- He wins the first one, skill points raise to 1550 points (but he cannot join any level 2 duel since there are still two level 1 duels underway)
- He also wins the second duel, however the skill point level remains at 1550, but a (hidden?) markervariable will be raised by one.
- He loses the third game. Since the marker variable is > 0 he simply loses this point, otherwise his skill points are reduced to 1500 (or reduced by 50 on higher levels)
A number of different games will be offered for different tournament levels. They will feature different settings, ship lists as well as add-ons.
Well that's all to find on http://www.rebels-hq.de/special/duell_arena.html
If you need another quick translation fomr German to English, please let me know
You should have seen his original response to the Dev Profile I got several months back.Rimstalker wrote:yup, the project seems to be a bit stalled. Harry (ZP) asked me to translate some sections, which I did. But signing up and joining one of the duel games is really easy.
Edit: And trust me - you do not want to read Harry's Denglisch.
Excellent.Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Slot 7 is still being reserved.B A N E wrote:No...email being composed.Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I guess the other one is on hold?
WB - I'm going to let you run with his baby. If you have any questions about the server, host stuff, etc. LMK.warpedboard wrote:I've got a smidge more testing to do, but here's what I have:
1) A map w/ 3 clusters, the 2 outer ones having 50 planets/each and the larger middle one w/ 100 planets. "Playable" area is approx 550x1350.
2) Addon to create N # of race 12 (ie, alien/unusable) ships at location 0,0; N is equal to 500 - desired cap (configurable). From what I've read, the cap would normally be 200, so 300 extra ships will be created/maintained.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest