Host message

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Host message

Post#1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:46 am

Can you automatically send a message through AutoTroll (or some other utility) to every player in every game (sorta like the game config)?

Something along the lines of:

Come and brag about your great deeds on the forums! www.circus-maximus.com/forums
You'll also find hints and tips about how to be a better player!
Give your input on what you would like to see at Circus Maximus!
Tell us what you want to see in your next game!

Shardin5

Post#2 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:32 am

WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST,
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#3 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:23 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST,
Uhm... What does this have to do with my post?

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Host message

Post#4 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Can you automatically send a message through AutoTroll (or some other utility) to every player in every game (sorta like the game config)?

Come and brag about your great deeds on the forums! www.circus-maximus.com/forums
I could probably incorperate that info into the turn messages, received messages, confirmed messages.... etc... kinda like a tag line.
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:38 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST, WE want PHOST,
Or I could say "soon to include phost"
Best Regards,

Joe

Shardin5

Post#6 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:53 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote: Tell us what you want to see in your next game!
WE WANT PHOST GAMES!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Battlestar Host

Post#7 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:11 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Can you automatically send a message through AutoTroll (or some other utility) to every player in every game (sorta like the game config)?

In answer to your question, yes he can. He can send mass emails to ALL players, or just players in a game, or individuals... plus he can do what he said, put that message as a tag line in his RSTs and Confirmation emails...I do that.

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#8 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:27 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:

In answer to your question, yes he can. He can send mass emails to ALL players, or just players in a game, or individuals... plus he can do what he said, put that message as a tag line in his RSTs and Confirmation emails...I do that.

Ed
I would suggest doing both, actually. I hardly read the eMail with my RST, but I always read my in game messages. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are exactly the opposite though.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#9 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:47 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
I would suggest doing both, actually. I hardly read the eMail with my RST, but I always read my in game messages. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are exactly the opposite though.
I've already taken care of the general system messages, I need to send something the main cliental of the site now. Just a matter of getting the right words together :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Game Suggestions”