New game ideas

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#16 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:58 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:I have two game suggestions, but would like them a month in the future since I'm not ready to play them yet.

1. An orbitter game with low perterbation. Note that sphere doesn't work well with orbitter, so please avoid that add-on.

2. My second suggestion is a game that should challenge many players of my humble quyality. In this game, the race, add-ons, and primary ally would be unknown to the player until turn 1. Players sign up to a game with something like the following description.
- a race is picked for the player at random.
- the player's primary, rst sharing ally, is also picked at random.
- players will be expected to honor their primary alliance.
- the site host reveals the add-ons and rules for winning after the game starts.
This, of coarse, is only for those who are willing to take a leap of faith.

][avok, please consider me signed up. :salute:
1. - I have been considering an orbiter game, and would like more input from people before I do so. Last time I set one up 1 person joined and I left it up for 3-4 weeks before I took it down.

2. - That's a leap of faith I don't see happening. However if you or someone else can stir up enough interest, I'm happy to throw it together.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Re: New game ideas

Post#17 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Havok wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Hey all

Here's 3 ideas for new games -

1. The Killing Moon II

2. Sandstorm. A truely "blind" game - using the Explore add-on, detection of other worlds and ships is limited to 10LY. It would be just like having a battle inside a sandstorm.

3. Tournament event with teams from each country competing to find out who is the reigning VGAP country. Knockout competition starting with 8 countries in the quarter-finals, 4 in the semi-finals and then 2 in the finals.
KM2 may be a good idea. I think last time I used the Tantalas machine, but no one found it. (and I did make it hard to find). That setup may work good with the Machines of Yore addon.

I think the sandstorm concept may not be a bad idea either... but 10LY is to restricting IMOP. I wouldn't do less than 100LY from a ship.

Tourney..... Unless it can be done on a weekend.... ][ell No!!! :hatepc:
Hawkeye,

It's setup, where is everyone?
Regards,
][avok

Desert-Fox

Post#18 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:18 pm

How about a civil war game...all one race...maybe as another hemisphere game but with the starbase add-on...not starbase +...

DF
Suck it up, Cupcake!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:27 pm

Desert-Fox wrote:How about a civil war game...all one race...maybe as another hemisphere game but with the starbase add-on...not starbase +...

DF
Starbase+ is the Starbase add-on. It's by Dan & Dave.

Are you referring to the Transporter add-on?
Regards,
][avok

Desert-Fox

Post#20 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm

I guess that's it...it's what we used in DD 3 game 95...great add-on...much better than starbase+ :twisted:

DF
Havok wrote:
Desert-Fox wrote:How about a civil war game...all one race...maybe as another hemisphere game but with the starbase add-on...not starbase +...

DF

Suck it up, Cupcake!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#21 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:55 pm

Desert-Fox wrote:I guess that's it...it's what we used in DD 3 game 95...great add-on...much better than starbase+ :twisted:

DF
Havok wrote:

DF

The docs are posted on the Strategy page under Host Add-on Docs.

Same goes for the Jupiter question I saw posted somewhere else earlier.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”