Twin Helix

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#16 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Regarding Phost's internal switch race...
I was following the 5x2 anyrace game over at RCWorld that
I think has just started and from what I gleaned, Ricki is/was
having to build a shiplist specifically for that.

I was under the impression that phost's switchrace capacity
was simply a switch within the pconfig/hullfunc and that if
the client supported it, that was all there was to it.

Apparently, it isn't that easy. :(
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Six_Of_One
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Post#17 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:09 am

Cherek, you cant use hemispheres as an example of anything other than to serve as a warning about team games and player choices. That game has stopped me from ever being in a team game again.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#18 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:32 am

Hmm... guess we should ask Havok about the internal switchrace
of Phost.

He did run that game that had six gorn in it IIRC.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Tei
Posts: 602

Post#19 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:07 am

B A N E wrote:Hmm... guess we should ask Havok about the internal switchrace
of Phost.

He did run that game that had six gorn in it IIRC.
I was in a game on Battlestar Command that ran successfully using basic phost with internal switchrace on. Its interesting what people pick, There were 3 Feds, 3 Privateers, Borg, Crystal, Klingon and Lizard. The Phost web site seems to make it seem simple.

planetmaker
Posts: 88
Contact:

Post#20 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:01 am

You find a short description of the neccessary pconfig switches here:
http://www.phost.de/phost4doc/advanced.html#playerrace
Normally there shouldn't be needed any mod to the ship list's files. But - depending on the client - the player might be shown a wrong special mission.

EDIT: just saw: further down (heading 'ship list') it sais that with the for all clients compatible option MapTrueHullByPlayerRace = No host will have to supply properly modified ship list files.

Regards,

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#21 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:57 am

Six_Of_One wrote:Cherek, you cant use hemispheres as an example of anything other than to serve as a warning about team games and player choices. That game has stopped me from ever being in a team game again.
You're not the only one that feels that way, but with me, it was Hemisphere and AoA together that made me feel that way.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
warpedboard
Posts: 555

Post#22 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:07 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Six_Of_One wrote:Cherek, you cant use hemispheres as an example of anything other than to serve as a warning about team games and player choices. That game has stopped me from ever being in a team game again.
You're not the only one that feels that way, but with me, it was Hemisphere and AoA together that made me feel that way.
Yeah, AoA has certainly taught me a lot... a (I think) good idea in concept, but actually pulling together 2 cohesive teams that'll stick together & work together throughout an entire game... that's another story.

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron