New Game Needed

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

New Game Needed

Post#1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:51 am

I'm in one of the last four games ][avok has created, but really need just one more to get on with.

Who has an exciting idea which will pull in the punters?!

crash_harder

Post#2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:28 am

i have a great idea!!! you join a game that runs host everyday, you really want one that has allready started... (i know you hate those first couple trns anyway) and you get to play your favorite race!!!

GGGGOOOOOOOO R E B E L S :D

and you know what the best part of all this is... i will be kind enough to give you the rebels in just such a game...

good luck!!!
" Nothing is true, everything is permitted "

Cardno

Post#3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:32 am

Sorry Crash, but I can't trust a privvie player to have done the right things with the glorious Rebels to make it worth taking over..... :wink:
crash_harder wrote:i have a great idea!!! you join a game that runs host everyday, you really want one that has allready started... (i know you hate those first couple trns anyway) and you get to play your favorite race!!!

and you know what the best part of all this is... i will be kind enough to give you the rebels in just such a game...

good luck!!!

crash_harder

Post#4 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:33 am

Cardno wrote:Sorry Crash, but I can't trust a privvie player to have done the right things with the glorious Rebels to make it worth taking over..... :wink:
crash_harder wrote:i have a great idea!!! you join a game that runs host everyday, you really want one that has allready started... (i know you hate those first couple trns anyway) and you get to play your favorite race!!!

good luck!!!
well, i had to try... :roll:
" Nothing is true, everything is permitted "

Cardno

Post#5 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:36 am

But seriously ... naw, i can't do daily games. Work doesn't permit me to have the dedication to a daily game. It's nice to have a day or two between turns.

Having said that, Tim has come through and I finally have winplan operating on my work laptop. That's going to make things a lot easier....

Gilgamesh

Re: New Game Needed

Post#6 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Cardno wrote:I'm in one of the last four games ][avok has created, but really need just one more to get on with.

I don't have any exciting ideas, but NF 40 should be ending with tonight's turn, so I might be up for another. Maybe as the Fed this time. It would depend on the set up.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Burnerboy

Re: New Game Needed

Post#7 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Cardno wrote:I'm in one of the last four games ][avok has created, but really need just one more to get on with.

I don't have any exciting ideas, but NF 40 should be ending with tonight's turn, so I might be up for another. Maybe as the Fed this time. It would depend on the set up.....
Me too :cry: NF 40 was my only game.

Ron

Gilgamesh

Post#8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:18 pm

You will still need to put in a turn for tonight Ron. You don't want me sneaking past you at the last minute, do you?

OTOH - forget I said anything... :-'
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:52 pm

What about an economy game? We used to have them at NAVGAP where the money was low and minerals were tight so you really had to focus on building your infrastructure. Not only was it a new wrinkle but it was also good economic training for other games. Downside is that the action takes a while to get going.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cardno

Post#10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:30 am

Gilgamesh wrote:What about an economy game? We used to have them at NAVGAP where the money was low and minerals were tight so you really had to focus on building your infrastructure. Not only was it a new wrinkle but it was also good economic training for other games. Downside is that the action takes a while to get going.
Yeah, if Burnerboy decides a one on one challenge isn't for him, I could go a rare universe.

Shardin5

Post#11 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:19 pm

:jester:

BurnerBoy vs Cardno NOW THAT IS FUNNY
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#12 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:35 pm

You will have to enlighten me E. No.1. What do you find so amusing.

Burnerboy

Post#13 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Cardno wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:What about an economy game? We used to have them at NAVGAP where the money was low and minerals were tight so you really had to focus on building your infrastructure. Not only was it a new wrinkle but it was also good economic training for other games. Downside is that the action takes a while to get going.
Yeah, if Burnerboy decides a one on one challenge isn't for him, I could go a rare universe.
I'll give the one on one a try. The rare universe sounds good too. Been a while.

Ron

Gilgamesh

Post#14 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:09 pm

I smell a Crucible 3 on the way!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cardno

Post#15 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Burnerboy wrote:
Cardno wrote:
I'll give the one on one a try. The rare universe sounds good too. Been a while.

Ron
Excellent.

Ok. I need to re-read the rules, to check who chooses the map -the challenger or challenged.

Return to “Game Suggestions”