New Game Needed

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

majorm

Post#1 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:30 am

as the title says: I need a game! Im finished with my exam, I would have so much time right now. mamamongolid would join, too, so we were already 2 players! :wink:

Havok
Site Admin

Post#2 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 am

majorm wrote:as the title says: I need a game! Im finished with my exam, I would have so much time right now. mamamongolid would join, too, so we were already 2 players! :wink:
Do you 2 want to have a head to head game?
Regards,
][avok

majorm

Post#3 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:04 am

nono, that are we doing in private. We need 9 other players to do a no frills or so. Would be nice...

hennef

Post#4 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:47 pm

you could join as my ally in t-time :D
have fun!

hennef

majorm

Post#5 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:50 pm

no thanks, don't like the borgs that much...
but I joined alien 6 as fascists so it is not that need for a game anymore...

Douglas Jew

Post#6 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:07 am

Maybe we can get a Bitter End game going this weekend. You know, one that actually runs until there is only one player left? I see that there are one or two of those games here, but those players are all committed to just those games and they are not likely to pick up another until they have been eliminated from their game.

I think it may have to start as a Daily Destruction game and then slow down once 100+ turns have been run.

B A N E

Post#7 » Sat May 17, 2008 7:38 am

Douglas Jew wrote:Maybe we can get a Bitter End game going this weekend. You know, one that actually runs until there is only one player left? I see that there are one or two of those games here, but those players are all committed to just those games and they are not likely to pick up another until they have been eliminated from their game.

I think it may have to start as a Daily Destruction game and then slow down once 100+ turns have been run.
How about describing exactly what you're looking for and see
if that drums up interest?

There aren't a lot of players that are willing to play to the end unless
there are specific goals like homeworld/flagship/tantalus...
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Douglas Jew

Post#8 » Sun May 18, 2008 4:26 am

B A N E wrote:
Douglas Jew wrote:Maybe we can get a Bitter End game going this weekend. You know, one that actually runs until there is only one player left? I see that there are one or two of those games here, but those players are all committed to just those games and they are not likely to pick up another until they have been eliminated from their game.

How about describing exactly what you're looking for and see
if that drums up interest?

There aren't a lot of players that are willing to play to the end unless
there are specific goals like homeworld/flagship/tantalus...
I think I have a solution for an Ironman game's loss of players problem: Blank Score. If the top three players can't tell where they stand until there are only two left, there is a higher probability that players who join the game will stay for the long haul.

So maybe we need a DD game with Blank Score and it automatically drops down to two turns per week after turn 100.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:14 am

I like that name... Bitter End.... Excellent idea. How would you make it different from an existing game theme we already run here? "ie. Daily Destruction (daily), Leaf on the Wind (Flagship), No Frills (stock, no mods) etc".
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#10 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:20 am

Bitter End, (I like the sound of that too.)
From what I see, it sounds similar to a "Bell Tolls" game without all the
things that Bells does for information denial.

Bell Tolls have:
viewtopic.php?p=24634#24634
Exploremap (fog of war)
NoAllies
Sphere
XName (shipname eraser)
Delmess? (player to player message removal)
Blank.exe (score remover)
Homeworld
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 am

If Homeworld worked right it would be an outstanding addition to the game. Basically it's functionality is similar to the Flagship mod (ie, destroy a HW/Flagship, half the empire is wiped out, the other half goes to the victor). However the mod has failed on numerous runs and I'm just not sure I want to give it another try just to have it fail again after the 1st homeworld falls. If I could guarantee it was going to work, I'd be all over it.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”