UnNatural Selection (Race Builder Game)

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Are you intrested in playing a Custom Racebuiler game like this one?

No, Not intrested
23%
No, Too complicated
8%
Maybe, if it has the correct setup options
54%
Definitly. I already know what my race should look like
15%
Total votes: 13

Gilgamesh

Post#331 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 am

the.Ant wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote: In a NORMAL game, I would agree that the map should be shrunk, in this game, who knows who is slow and who is NOT.
No problem with the 3 turn in with all turns in option.
Huh?
How does it make a difference whether you KNOW who is slow and who is not? Some just ARE slow and they have a benefit with a larger map. Or another thins is assimilation: the more time you have until you encounter your nieghbours, the more planets you render practically useless for anyone else.
I don't think he's referring to knowledge of any individual player. For all any of us know we all have MCBRs and Falcons - everyone is fast. Maybe nobody picked either, in which case the shrunk map might make sense in light of the assimilation point you brought up. Nobody knows who has what beyond our own picks (and it seems some of us are forgetting!)
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#332 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 am

Hey BitMask, inquiring minds wants to know, what is the plan of action? Are we going to go ahead and play or are we going to wait until the 8th or 9th to start?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#333 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:14 am

The setup is complete for those players I do have the selection options for (8 players). We still need another vote for the PAL vs. PBP to use as that is in a tie at the moment. If we don't get the swing vote I will go with PBP as it's more THost like, even though I think PAL is a better system.

I'm having some trouble with tonsmsg.exe in the demo PHost game I have. It's the program that sends a message to all the players each turn on how much tons was destroyd. Once I have that sorted we should be ready to go.

If I do get new player setups before I'm done with the Tonsmsg.exe issue I will include them, else we start with 8 players.

Cherek

Post#334 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 am

BitMask wrote:The setup is complete for those players I do have the selection options for (8 players). We still need another vote for the PAL vs. PBP to use as that is in a tie at the moment. If we don't get the swing vote I will go with PBP as it's more THost like, even though I think PAL is a better system.

I'm having some trouble with tonsmsg.exe in the demo PHost game I have. It's the program that sends a message to all the players each turn on how much tons was destroyd. Once I have that sorted we should be ready to go.

If I do get new player setups before I'm done with the Tonsmsg.exe issue I will include them, else we start with 8 players.
Well, since the game is setup to mimic THost as must as possible, then we should keep it that way. As I said, I like the PAL because it awards points actions, so lets continue to mimic THost and go with PBP's.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#335 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:01 am

I think with UnNatural Selection I set it to PAL from the start.

But I agree. PBP it is.

Gilgamesh

Post#336 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 am

\:D/
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#337 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:25 am

BitMask wrote:I think with UnNatural Selection I set it to PAL from the start.

But I agree. PBP it is.
Good thing is that is one small change in the pconfig.scr for you. I'll miss getting points for capturing ships, using Glory devices, Ground assaults, Pillaging, etc, etc, but that is no biggy.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#338 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:31 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
BitMask wrote:I think with UnNatural Selection I set it to PAL from the start.

But I agree. PBP it is.
Good thing is that is one small change in the pconfig.scr for you. I'll miss getting points for capturing ships, using Glory devices, Ground assaults, Pillaging, etc, etc, but that is no biggy.
exactly why I also like PAL :?

Cherek

Post#339 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 am

I didn't catch that it was setup using PAL, if I would have, I would have asked you why use PAL and not include Experience Points too? Yes I know, more work for you and then it would feel more like PHost instead of THost.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#340 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:41 am

Looking like Thost is good.

But I'll agree to almost anything at this point just to get it started!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#341 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Looking like Thost is good.

I second it, mimic THost and PBP scoring, anything else? No, I didn't think so.

Where is my RST?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#342 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:53 am

Cherek, now is you time to convince Gil to go for PAL. :roll:

Cherek

Post#343 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:09 am

No, lets go with PBP. I think he'll have his hands full shortly after the game begins. :twisted:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#344 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 am

BitMask wrote:

Cherek, now is you time to convince Gil to go for PAL. :roll:
:lol: .... No.

:P
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

hennef

Post#345 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Hey there. did i miss something IMPORTANT?
Obviously i can not be bothered to read all that crap you all posted on the last PAGES :P

I am with all turns in 3x and normal map. Start whenever you like. PBP is fine with me...

Cheers!
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Game Suggestions”