UnNatural Selection (Race Builder Game)

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Are you intrested in playing a Custom Racebuiler game like this one?

No, Not intrested
23%
No, Too complicated
8%
Maybe, if it has the correct setup options
54%
Definitly. I already know what my race should look like
15%
Total votes: 13

Gilgamesh

Post#361 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Lets get the Party Started.
BitMask is working on some tests apparantly, so he's saying it will be a go on the weekend.

I'm with you - I want to start now. Right now. Now Now Now! I'm stamping my foot here....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#362 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I finally got home and I checked my Inbox, my spam folder and my trash and still no RST. :(
:) I'm working on it.....

Shardin5

Post#363 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:04 am

well.................
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Gilgamesh

Post#364 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:09 am

As much as I'm desperate to get started, with Bitmask doing his testing I'd rather not hurry him through it. If there are any problems it's better they are found now than at turn 30.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#365 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 am

Gilgamesh wrote:As much as I'm desperate to get started, with Bitmask doing his testing I'd rather not hurry him through it. If there are any problems it's better they are found now than at turn 30.
I agree.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#366 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:As much as I'm desperate to get started, with Bitmask doing his testing I'd rather not hurry him through it. If there are any problems it's better they are found now than at turn 30.
I agree.
Yeah, but I'm still checking in here every 5 minutes to see if there's an announcement that the game's starting. Looking in my inbox for an RST. Pathetic, really....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#367 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 am

Gilgamesh wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
I agree.
Yeah, but I'm still checking in here every 5 minutes to see if there's an announcement that the game's starting. Looking in my inbox for an RST. Pathetic, really....
Well ...... :twisted:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#368 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:12 am

Hey! There's a spot opened up on the game index (actually a few new ones are there) - that's got to be a good sign!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#369 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

Game #187 :woot: :rockon:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#370 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Just kinda brings it all a little closer, doesn't it?

Any time now.... :D
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#371 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 am

OK. I did find 3 mistakes. Someone would have missed a feature or two of their race :)
Thanks for the wait. ][avok should have the game files shortly and then we can start to roll.... :wink:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#372 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:32 am

I would like to introduce to everyone the 8 races that will be completing to concur the UnNatural Selection Cluster.

The Dorylus Empire by The.Ant
The Klackonian Unification by hennef
The DaTsu Empire by Kulgan Grimbjorn
The Commodore Chereks by Commodore Cherek
The Rockhound Empire by Enemy#1
The Vibrating Teslas by Six_of_One
The Gils Feds by Gilgamesh
The Masadan Alliance by Carlos Weyland

Good Luck guys. May the worst empire win :)

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#373 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:52 am

Some useful links for this game.

If you want to use the same BMPs that I have on the Game Selection Page, just download by BMP Pack from here ftp://circus-maximus.com/pub/VGAPlanets/BMPs/

Information about the PHost options used in this game http://phost.de/phost4doc/config.html

Along with your rst file , util.dat and spec.dat files you will also recieve a mission1-8.ini file and a pconfig1-8.src file depending on your player slot. Rename these to not include your player number. (e.g. Player 1 will receive mission1.ini and pconfig1.src which should be renamed to mission.ini and pconfig.src)
The mission.ini (extended missions) file will have your specific Special Mission that you selected and will be used by your client program.
The PHost configuration file pconfig.src will have your specific race selections, but all the other player will be the default values. It will be used by some player clients (JVC, VPA,PCC, but NOT Winplan) and EchoView.

If it's you first time playing with PHost, go and read http://phost.de/phost4doc/first.html

Any questions? Just let me know.

Gilgamesh

Post#374 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:09 am

YAY BITMASK!!!! :nlmda: \:D/ =D>
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#375 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:14 am

I hope you enjoy it. I also hope there is no major issues.
][avok is setting up the game as I type, so you should have your first turn shortly. Something to bright up your weekend :lol:

Return to “Game Suggestions”