2 versus 4 Challenge

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Hawkeye
Posts: 1029

Post#46 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:02 pm

B A N E wrote: Cool, then we are awaiting your team's race selections.
I'm thinking the Birdmen, Fascists, Feds and Rebels might be the best bet, as the Robots minelaying ability will be compromised, and the low startup population may make it difficult to build the big carriers. Personally I've got no huge preference on which race I play in this one. What do the rest of you think?

While it would be nice to have them onside, to add in the crystals as an option would make the game too one-sided

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#47 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
B A N E wrote: Cool, then we are awaiting your team's race selections.
I'm thinking the Birdmen, Fascists, Feds and Rebels might be the best bet, as the Robots minelaying ability will be compromised, and the low startup population may make it difficult to build the big carriers. Personally I've got no huge preference on which race I play in this one. What do the rest of you think?

While it would be nice to have them onside, to add in the crystals as an option would make the game too one-sided
Starting Pop is 3M (3,000,000)
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#48 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Can't blame me for trying. :D Romulans for me.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#49 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:19 am

Hawkeye wrote:I'm thinking the Birdmen, Fascists, Feds and Rebels might be the best bet
This was one of the combo I thought of as well.
Cherek has the Romulans
Between E1 & Hawkeye you can cover the Fascist & Rebels
I'll take the Feds

User avatar
Hawkeye
Posts: 1029

Post#50 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:43 am

BitMask wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I'm thinking the Birdmen, Fascists, Feds and Rebels might be the best bet
This was one of the combo I thought of as well.
Cherek has the Romulans
Between E1 & Hawkeye you can cover the Fascist & Rebels
I'll take the Feds
Your call E#1. I'll take whatever's left at the end.

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#51 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:31 am

Hey, Look... we're waiting on E1 again!?



Whoodathunk?
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#52 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:44 am

B A N E wrote:Hey, Look... we're waiting on E1 again!?



Whoodathunk?
And what is there to be surprised about?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#53 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:50 am

Map is created:
It's 874 LY Radius Circle, same density as default map.

Center point is: 1950, 2020

The best split is horizontal, creating a north & south.

I recommend a 300 LY offlimits zone for homeworld placements.
ie: Homeworlds must be North of 2170 and south of 1870

After map is handed to all players, we can pick homeworlds
and let Havok know their secret locations.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#54 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:54 am

Regarding HW placement.

I recommend one player from each team tell Havok the location
of their team's homeworlds.

So, after you get the map, get together as a team, work out what
you want, then have one player tell Havok.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#55 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:54 am

I'm ready to go on this side.

E#1, we're waiting on your race selection.

So far this is what I have.

North:
------
Siberian Snake: Lizards
BANE: Colonies


South:
-----
Hawkeye:
Enemy#1:
Cherek: Birdmen
BitMask: Federation
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#56 » Sat May 31, 2008 1:10 pm

I wanted to talk to the others before we made Selections.
Want to get the right mix and to make sure we know why we
have certain Races.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#57 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:I wanted to talk to the others before we made Selections.
Want to get the right mix and to make sure we know why we
have certain Races.
That's why I though the private group was a good idea. For tactical discussions. ][avoc, could you create a group and thread for the southern team, please. Don't know if the north need it as they are only 2.

I'm open for ideas on the race picks.

PS. We could always call this game Hemi2. ][avoc after all already has the game slot and the graphics setup.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#58 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:12 pm

The private groups have been completed.

You should see a new catagory called Private Team Forums in the master forum list when you refresh it.

In that forum, each team should see their own group listed.

Each team has full access to their teams forum only. You shouldn't even see the other teams forum nor should anyone see any of their forums messages titles/threads on the homepage of the site.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#59 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 am

Will you guys send us the Starmap so we can look at HW placements, or where will be get it?

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#60 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:58 am

BANE can you do that. I'm at work and have not easy access to it at the moment.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron