Unnatural selection - simming the game...

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Unnatural selection - simming the game...

Post#1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 pm

So - while we're waiting for the last few spots to fill and for the game to start, I got to thinking. Mot of my problems occur as a result of thinking, but here we go anyway....

What would I have to do to set up and sim my race choices? Often when I'm playing a new race I set up a simulation game to try out different things but this is Phost with Tlist and emulating Thost as much as possible and with all the race choices - you get the idea.

How can I set up a couple of "dry run" games? I have to install Phost I guess, but what else? Any directions are welcome.

Cheers

Gil
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Gil, to setup everything (The same I have it) you need the following:
PHost & Docs V4.1a
AMaster V3.10g
Penguin
TListV1.1
a Little Time :)

It should all be available here from C-M, else just google it.

Look at the opening post of the UnNatural Selection post. It has a example of the pconfig.src file that we will use.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm

I've been nice :shock:

You can download my testgame vgap.innernet.co.za\files\UnNaturalTestGame.zip
It has all the stuff you need even though you might not be able to change the Available ship options. But just look at all the player rst files. All the ships should be available somewhere.

I've mark the first section in the pconfig.src file with all the options available in the Game selection page for easy adding of you options. Only change the setting in the UnNatural Selection setup section for your tests.

You should look at http://www.phost.de/phost4doc/config.html and http://www.phost.de/phost4doc/hullfunc.html for more detail on all the options used in this setup.

To run a turn, just call phost.exe with the foldername as a parameter (i.e. phost.exe UnNaturalTestGame
Everything will be read from the UnNaturalTestGame folder

Good luck.

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Awww - Bitmask! That's brilliant - thank you very much!!!! :notworthy:

OK - had a look around - now I'm REALLY wanting to get started. Let's get this filled up and get started.

Or - let's just get started. Either one is OK with me!

Great job Bitmask! Thanks again.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:20 am

I though you would like it :)

Return to “Game Suggestions”