What's next?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

What's next?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:22 pm

This is purely self-serving, but with GRT ending and the pace slowing dramatically on Unnatural Selection, I was wondering about another game. Seems like a few games have ended recently so maybe there are other players looking to start a new one?

Speaking purely for myself, there are a couple of things I wouldn't mind trying someday, depending of course on other people's interest, and not being too much of a pain on ][avok to set up....

- Klingon Civil War.
- NF with SB+ and maybe Asteroids so I can try out the Feds
- another Infinitesimal

Any thoughts?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Re: What's next?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Gilgamesh wrote: - Klingon Civil War.
Are you thinking of multiple Klingon players fighting for control on the High Command?
Gilgamesh wrote: - NF with SB+ and maybe Asteroids so I can try out the Feds
I could go for that.
Gilgamesh wrote: - another Infinitesimal
Maybe, if NF ?? with Starbase+ doesn't happen.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:50 pm

The Klingon Civil War is Klauser's 1st place scenario from 2005 - http://www.circus-maximus.com/dl-sdc2005subs.htm - looks interesting.

The NF would be good too - a non-Klingon game for a change of pace would be nice.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#4 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:50 pm

I would suggest two things.

1. jlo is slowing up a game once again so more of the well done images would go over well

2. Perhaps a game with 5 or 6 players only so that the game hosts often and quickly.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Gavan wrote:I would suggest two things.

1. jlo is slowing up a game once again so more of the well done images would go over well

2. Perhaps a game with 5 or 6 players only so that the game hosts often and quickly.
I think my pictures were taking up bandwidth or something because they were removed from the thread. No big deal. They were a little silly - just the frame of mind I was in that night. I know how you feel though.

The Infinitesimal game looks fun, but I think the full size map and 500 ship limit would make it a real time-chewer after a while. The more I think about it I'd just like to try the Feds in a NF game, maybe with SB+....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#6 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:23 pm

yes I would have to agree that a smaller map and say about 250 ship limit would not hurt.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: What's next?

Post#7 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:This is purely self-serving, but with GRT ending and the pace slowing dramatically on Unnatural Selection, I was wondering about another game. Seems like a few games have ended recently so maybe there are other players looking to start a new one?

Speaking purely for myself, there are a couple of things I wouldn't mind trying someday, depending of course on other people's interest, and not being too much of a pain on ][avok to set up....

- Klingon Civil War.
- NF with SB+ and maybe Asteroids so I can try out the Feds
- another Infinitesimal

Any thoughts?
I've had some thoughts on new games and should have some time now that I've made sure Nfredible got married and sent on his cruise over the weekend.

I don't know about another Klingon CW right now, that's going to be LONG and involoved. However I'm open to all kinds of options... drop them in the thread everyone.

][

Shardin5

Post#8 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Another UnNatural would be GREAT
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Another UnNatural would be GREAT
I agree but I'm not sure if I want to play 2 concurrently.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Shardin5

Post#10 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:23 pm

By the time it starts, you will be out of the 1st one, and can fix all your mistakes.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Gilgamesh

Post#11 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:By the time it starts, you will be out of the 1st one, and can fix all your mistakes.
Do you have some nasty plans for me????

Because to act on them you would actually have to GET YOUR DAMN TURN IN INSTEAD OF YAKKING ON THE FORUMS.....

:P
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Vodenkugels

Post#12 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:05 pm

We've played a couple of games where you get assigned your first race then the host (wife not playing) manipulates the group so you have a second race also. There are only 5 in our group that played regularly and this is how we dealt with it. we eliminated the borgs and everyone played two adjoining simultaneously. Made u utilize each race for the 1+1=3 thing...Is that possible with a CM scenario. that keeps the player count down(read faster) . If anything they started slow as we all built massive economies....
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Gilgamesh

Post#13 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:34 pm

That would be interesting - but it would be like playing two games in terms of the time.

So how exactly does that work? You pick your race and get handed a second with no idea what's coming? That could work out really well or you could be screwed from the get-go.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Vodenkugels

Post#14 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:54 pm

We've done it where both are random /we've done it where you pick one and then get the one next to you also...the best combo was priv lizzies and he still came in 3 outta 5. I had bots fascits and was the aggressor evil euunich/ rebels was the power house but we brought it to him --he was dying....it really makes you play the advantages as one Birds xtals was formidable but had a weak start( i hit his base on the third turn with a D7 snicker snicker IT just a game - the good ones learn from their mistakes
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Gilgamesh

Post#15 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Vodenkugels wrote:- the good ones learn from their mistakes
You would think i'd be learning a lot then...

Sounds like a fun game. I couldn't take it on with another game on the go, but sometime or other I'd like to try it.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Game Suggestions”