What's next?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#31 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm

hennef wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote: Hmm,
I wouldn't taunt the player that just captured your entire fleet there, Sherek.
I still have a few left. I HATE Pillage. I won't make the same mistake next time and I hope he is my neighbor again in the next game. After all, I do owe him. :twisted:
oh, and of course you still can build a new fleet ANY TIME.... wait, no you cant :P
:monkeybutt:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#32 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I still have a few left. I HATE Pillage. I won't make the same mistake next time and I hope he is my neighbor again in the next game. After all, I do owe him. :twisted:
oh, and of course you still can build a new fleet ANY TIME.... wait, no you cant :P
:monkeybutt:
quick, send me a freighter loaded with salt that i can pour into your wound!... na, sill me, i forgot you dont have any freighters left :D :nana:
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Post#33 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I HATE Pillage. I won't make the same mistake next time and I hope he is my neighbor again in the next game. After all, I do owe him. :twisted:
Well I guess the cat's out of the bag about one of my race ability choices.... :shock:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#34 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I HATE Pillage. I won't make the same mistake next time and I hope he is my neighbor again in the next game. After all, I do owe him. :twisted:
Well I guess the cat's out of the bag about one of my race ability choices.... :shock:
Who ever heard of a Klingon that could not pillage!!!
Everybody should have expected that one :?: 8)

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Post#35 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 pm

I thought the "Gill's Feds" thing would throw a couple of people off. I guess I have a track record....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#36 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:49 pm

hennef wrote:quick, send me a freighter loaded with salt that i can pour into your wound!... na, sill me, i forgot you dont have any freighters left :D :nana:
Fly by real close and slow and I'll see if I can throw some to you.

So, are you and knot head going to comment to another game?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#37 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:quick, send me a freighter loaded with salt that i can pour into your wound!... na, sill me, i forgot you dont have any freighters left :D :nana:
Fly by real close and slow and I'll see if I can throw some to you.

So, are you and knot head going to comment to another game?
we plan to end AQ3. so that would leave me with room for one more ;)

anything you would particularly like being beaten at?
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#38 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:03 pm

hennef wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:quick, send me a freighter loaded with salt that i can pour into your wound!... na, sill me, i forgot you dont have any freighters left :D :nana:
Fly by real close and slow and I'll see if I can throw some to you.

So, are you and knot head going to comment to another game?
we plan to end AQ3. so that would leave me with room for one more ;)

anything you would particularly like being beaten at?
Yeah, Right!
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Six_Of_One
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Post#39 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:59 am

Kill AQ3......... it tales longer to unpack mine and my allies turn than it does to do my shot :roll:

As for another Unatural Selection game.......... yup, i'm in :wink:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720

Post#40 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:09 pm

hennef wrote:
we plan to end AQ3. so that would leave me with room for one more ;)

anything you would particularly like being beaten at?
Hey hennef!

Did you intend to let the rest of the players involved know you were planning to end AQ3? We've got a year invested in this game. Seems like we might get a vote too...

Is the Borg/Fed/Dominion/Cardassian Alliance in the mood to surrender already or are you just getting bored? :?

Logain

User avatar
Six_Of_One
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Post#41 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:24 am

Well past bored :shock:
The wealth of the planets negates everything, ffs ya might as well have had 10 mill of every mineral sitting on every planet :roll:

Its a dead set boring stalemate that could go on for decades.

I now know why they didnt let me surrender everything to the Dominion and leave, those smart allies of mine needed me for VOTE TIME where we win 4-3 :P

Accept it, its dead, its over and all its doing is sapping the life out of ppl.
I realise you want it to continue as long as possible , because its the only game that will ever have allowed the Romulan to resurect from the grave, races that were killed off by the host for cheating.

The minefield limit is reached, your 3 cloaking races wont attack anything worth while, you are simply content to pick off small ships and weak planets from here until eternity.

Its time to move on.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#42 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:32 am

Rich games and v.rich games... blech!
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Post#43 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:47 am

B A N E wrote:Rich games and v.rich games... blech!
At NAVGAP there used to be "economy" games where starting minerals, money and colonists were low. You really had to think about your economy every turn in order to get anywhere.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#44 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:27 am

Regarding Starting Pop:
Starting with less than 3M pop on homeworld is giving the borg
a huge advantage. The Pirate & CofM have a moderate assist
in L.Royales producing cash to offset their loss in tax income.

With no tax:
From 250k to 1M pop, it takes ~30 turns.
From 1M to 3M pop, it takes ~25 turns.
From 3M to 10M pop, it takes ~35 turns.

If growth tax method is used, 250k to 10M stretches to ~120 turns.

Starting minerals:
I prefer poor to normal.
It makes the map more strategic because there are good & bad worlds.

Starting cash:
I prefer $5000 to start.
Starting with $15,000 just means that the crystals immediately jump
up to MK7 torps and if their neighbors don't build big beams immediately,
they're getting their tails webbed in deep before they can do anything.

$3700 is hard
$1000 is really tough and favors borg too much.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#45 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:31 am

B A N E wrote:Rich games and v.rich games... blech!
Try filling a non-rich game these days. :)
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron