For those saying 'hey join my alliance of 3 races'

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Post#16 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:29 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:That is why I think all games should run OneAlly or NoAlly.
OH HECK!!!!!!!!!

I actually agree with you on something :shock:

Desert-Fox

Post#17 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:22 am

Maybe we should set up a 'classic' N vs S' map and give them a dose of their own medicine. Sometimes a severe asswhupping is the great educator...
:kickballs:
DF
Suck it up, Cupcake!

Gilgamesh

Post#18 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:35 am

I would be greatly in favour of all games being noally and oneally setups.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#19 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:41 am

Cool, lets start a movement. We can make signs, stage protest marches, take our cause to the media, we can make the establishment change, we can even ......

Oh sorry, wrong decade. :oops: Flashbacks can be rough.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

B A N E

Post#20 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Pitchforks? :stirthepot:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: For those saying 'hey join my alliance of 3 races'

Post#21 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Cardno wrote: For those of you wimpos who like to team up with 3 or even more races because your mommy has stopped tucking you into bed at nights and the world is a BIG, BIG scary place.....

And maybe if you really are UNSURE of who you are - we can have votes for who should be in the game.
I'd like to nominate Warlord, anon1 and Maximus :twisted:
Yeah that's one of the groups I was thinking of. Also Boogersnot, Paladincyborg and Zardoz from NF55.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#22 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Cool, lets start a movement. We can make signs, stage protest marches, take our cause to the media, we can make the establishment change, we can even ......

Oh sorry, wrong decade. :oops: Flashbacks can be rough.
Far out and groovy - but if you burn your bra I'm outta there....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Six_Of_One

Post#23 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:55 pm

I didnt want to remove my post, it had disappeared twice which i put down to ISP problems i have been having. A PM and its third posting crossed so i removed it.

I did save it so i dont have to retype the next time someone has an alliance whinge :wink:
Last edited by Six_Of_One on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Cardno

Post#24 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:Oh look, another witch hunt, led by a sheperd, and the sheep are following :roll:

And whats this witch hunt about, oh thats right, "They don't play the way i want them to"

Lets analyze the witch hunts here at circus-maximus....

-What is so surprising that there are 3 players in a game that want to attack Cardno :?: He taunts and belittles players in these forums on a regular basis, this thread is just another example.
Listen you moaning ex British piece of tripe. With that amazing pedigree and education you keep ranting about, I continue to be surprised you can't read properly.

The reason for my post was NOT that I was being attacked. The post was about huge alliances. READ THE SUBJECT OF MY POST AGAIN.
One player wanted me to join them in an alliance, then said, oh I'm already allied - oh and the player i am allied to is allied to another one. So he wanted me to join up to make a total of four players. That's BOLLOCKS - a strange Brit word you SHOULD be able to understand.

Granted, he went on to say, oh if you don't want to, that's ok. But my objection is there was an attempt to have four players all in the same game on the same side. This dude even graciously went on to say that they would 'let' me have top spot. Very decent of them.

So six of 'i am crazy due to all the implants in my head which have achieved the same effect as a frontal lobotomy' - BOLLOCKS to you! :lol:

Gavan

Post#25 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:31 am

Cardno I have to agree with you.

With the right three races and the game is about over. (and it has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the races)

As such it is the reason I have started to only join no ally or one ally games.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Cardno

Post#26 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:55 am

Gavan wrote:Cardno I have to agree with you.

With the right three races and the game is about over. (and it has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the races)

As such it is the reason I have started to only join no ally or one ally games.
.......and as proposed in the game which prompted my post - an alliance of four races. All before turn 15. Lucky other players who join it with a view of playing it out over the next 12 months or so with this all geared up right at the start.

My post is a genuine, albeit in your face post to encourage those who feel the need to gear up a massive alliance right at the start of the game to try to do it by themselves or with just one other player. I don't give a Bollocks about Six's comment of 'you are allowed to play the game any way you want unless there is no-ally or one-ally. Yes you can. It's not illegal and I haven't said that. What I HAVE said is to grow up and learn to stand on your own two feet - and such players will learn much more, improve much faster.

I'm looking forward to all three races attacking me soon in No Frills 55 :twisted:

Cherek

Post#27 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:07 am

One thing mega-alliances, I get to play in more games, not counting team games..
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Six_Of_One

Post#28 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:13 am

Heres an idea Cardno, why dont you stop abusing ppl who dont agree with you, and just join games that are No Ally.

As the majority of players are the wrong side of 40, its safe to say they are grown-ups, and are entitled to play the game they paid for any way they see fit, as long as its not outside of that particualr games setup.

Not grown-up is the diatribe you serve up time and time again :roll:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Havok
Site Admin

Post#29 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm sure the point of Cardno's original post was to get these "mega alliance" players to try something new and play a game on their own two feet. Yes, it was a taunt, but it seems very cut and dry to me.

You consistantly complain and rant about Cardno's diatribes, call BANE names, and so on. Basically you just come across like you have a gigantic chip on your shoulder anymore Six. Trust me, I may be the first one to say something on the forums, but it's not the first time it's been mentioned.

I'm not trying to embarace you, or run you off or anything of the sort. But I think you should take a step back sometimes before you post.
Last edited by Havok on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#30 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:Heres an idea Cardno, why dont you stop abusing ppl who dont agree with you, and just join games that are No Ally.

As the majority of players are the wrong side of 40, its safe to say they are grown-ups, and are entitled to play the game they paid for any way they see fit, as long as its not outside of that particualr games setup.

Not grown-up is the diatribe you serve up time and time again :roll:
Seriously - is that all you're got?

You crack me up. The only person here who rants when they don't like something someone says - appears to be YOU.

You still appear to be unable to read. Perhaps a remedial class is in order? My last post made it VERY clear a mega alliance is NOT against the rules, but I am encouraging those players to learn to play better, be better through standing on their own two feet and NOT attempt to start up a mega alliance at the very start of the game. They can play that way, my OPINION is that it's not good for the game - and not fair on other players, often newer players who aren't similarly allied in a mega alliance of 3 or 4 or good enough to still stay in the game when faced with that.

But hey, unlike you, I am not scared of someone having a different opinion from me, so please, continue to rant away like a demented banshee. :wink:
Last edited by Cardno on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Game Suggestions”