Buddy program

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Post#16 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Cardno wrote: Seems to me that it would perhaps be easier and more flexible to simply have a list of ppl who are happy to assist with newer players, when and if they need that help.
Not a bad idea at all. As long as it doesn't get too demanding in terms of time commitments, I'd be willing to help out a fledgling Klingon.
You bastard - you never helped me when i yelled out for help as a fledging klingon - and neither did any of the other klingon experts here :cry: :lol:

Gilgamesh

Post#17 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Cardno wrote:
You bastard - you never helped me when i yelled out for help as a fledging klingon - and neither did any of the other klingon experts here :cry: :lol:
When have you yelled for help about anything? Any time you get into trouble you just yell about how great you are and how you're going to beat up on everyone in sight! :P
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

B A N E

Post#18 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Cardno wrote:you never helped me when i yelled out for help as a fledging klingon -
and neither did any of the other klingon experts here :cry: :lol:
:tumbleweed:

Did somebody just say something?
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Cardno

Post#19 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:18 pm

B A N E wrote:
Cardno wrote:you never helped me when i yelled out for help as a fledging klingon -
and neither did any of the other klingon experts here :cry: :lol:
:tumbleweed:

Did somebody just say something?
Yes. Six wants to make up to you - he just told me. Go give him a hug.

Cardno

Post#20 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Cardno wrote:
When have you yelled for help about anything? Any time you get into trouble you just yell about how great you are and how you're going to beat up on everyone in sight! :P
DO I? Provide a quote please verifying your statement. Unverified information can only be catalogued into the 'Dribble Draw'.

Cardno

Post#21 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:32 pm

You know - you really should attribute your quotes to the originator :wink:

Captain Blood

Post#22 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:33 pm

I will help you Cardno with a few advices, even if it looks like you found out the hard way. Newer take the klingons unless you are up for a challenge or the game is low on everything.

They have the weakest shiplist of all races. Also there advantages are hard to use against most races in a normal game.

If they by luck/skill survive the first part of the game there advantages becomes better and it might start to become costly to kill them.

Facist are most unlikely to win any games. Naturally they can get lucky and the remaining races kill each other.

There relatively succes should be compared to the weakness of the race. Ending in the top 3 with Facist is more difficult than winning with the Lizards.
Regards,

Captain Blood

wasp

Post#23 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:34 pm

So, if all these arguments would fall into a game there would be fight against each other and the training would be gone.

That's why the tutor should be anonymous.

Anyone really interested in this kind of help program?

ricardo carvalho

Cardno

Post#24 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:53 pm

AGAIN - YES.

Gilgamesh

Post#25 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Cardno wrote:
DO I? Provide a quote please verifying your statement. Unverified information can only be catalogued into the 'Dribble Draw'.
Wow - I thought we were all just keeping this light but it seems I was in error.

Moving on...
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cardno

Post#26 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:56 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Cardno wrote:
Wow - I thought we were all just keeping this light but it seems I was in error.

Moving on...
For goodness sakes! I am from New Zealand. Our sense of humour is more 'british' than american (read 'dry' humour).

I will use more emoticons in future :lol:

lord vinny

Post#27 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:42 pm

wasp wrote:So, if all these arguments would fall into a game there would be fight against each other and the training would be gone.

That's why the tutor should be anonymous.

Anyone really interested in this kind of help program?

ricardo carvalho
i think its been mentioned that this has come up "several" times before...and havok said that with interest in such a game he'd create one for players...

so...new players out there...write havok or make a post here and request a game...with enough newbies wanting help a game can be drawn up and some vets can volunteer to help...
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

B A N E

Post#28 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:48 am

Cardno wrote:I know that Bane has been giving Fletch a hand
Wish I had more time to advise but RL has jumped up
and bit me with more demands than I have hours.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Cardno

Post#29 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:39 pm

B A N E wrote:
Cardno wrote:I know that Bane has been giving Fletch a hand
Wish I had more time to advise but RL has jumped up
and bit me with more demands than I have hours.
Well sh*t! Who is going to help fletch then??

hennef

Post#30 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Cardno wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:
Cardno wrote:

Moving on...
For goodness sakes! I am from New Zealand. Our sense of humour is more 'british' than american (read 'dry' humour).

I will use more emoticons in future :lol:
please dont.

but if you address them you should write humor instead of humour ;)
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Game Suggestions”