I just sent ][avok the new version of AQ. It was originally supposed to be a minor re-tool to try and accomodate the mysterious "exploding mineral dumps" that have plaqued my shiplist mods, but after reviewing my "to-do" list, it grew. Warpedboard did NOT help at all when he released his WPVCRHelper, which allows modification of the WinPlan VCR icons.
(Seriously - it is a sweet little development tool Warpedboard - thanks again!!)
In a nutshell, here's what's new in AQ 2.0:
- Trimmed back the number of carriers for each race in an attempt to limit "exploding dump" errors with newer versions of HOST.
- Added custom AQ WPVCR.DLL file for Winplan VCR
- Rearranged ship slots to optimize for RACE+ and LUKERS add-ons.
- Fighter bays have been removed from most tugs and several generic fighter transports have been added to most races.
- Added a ROMULAN-specific Tug, and 2 ROMULAN ships have their class names updated.
- Minor adjustments to ORION and THOLIAN ships.
- Revised MAQUIS shiplist to address carrier and TUG weeknesses.
Specific changes can be found in the AQ 2.0 README file.
Hope you enjoy, and as always questions or comments are welcome!!
"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"