Alpha Quadrant 2.0 Released!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#46 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:54 am

Methinks he picked up on the vibe that was emanating from the Fed/Borg alliance... :-# :-'
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Raven2
Posts: 538

Post#47 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm

FLETCH wrote:Methinks he picked up on the vibe that was emanating from the Fed/Borg alliance... :-# :-'
Exactly. I'm all for dropping Giveplan from the AQ scenario for many reasons. We've put the last AQ behind us, and I don't want to reopen that can of worms, but as the originator of the tactic in question I have to object to the term "abusive." We obtained Havok's approval before we employed it, and he supported us throughout.
"Exploit" -- yes. "Abuse" -- no.
>>> Raven <<<

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#48 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Klauser wrote:I'm a real fan of GIVEPLAN,
What Giveplan needs is a limitation.
ie: X# of uses per game and no more.
Powerful but limited.

Wonder if we could convince warpedboard to work up such a thing?
:wink:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Post#49 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Raven2 wrote:Klauser, if you didn't follow the strategy, then how can you call it abusive?
Raven2 wrote: ... I'm all for dropping Giveplan from the AQ scenario for many reasons. We've put the last AQ behind us, and I don't want to reopen that can of worms, but as the originator of the tactic in question I have to object to the term "abusive." We obtained Havok's approval before we employed it, and he supported us throughout.
"Exploit" -- yes. "Abuse" -- no.
Methinks I touched a nerve there. :)

In all seriousness, I'd forgotten there might have been some sensitivity on the issue, and probably shouldn't called it "abusive".

It's somewhat of a complement to your level of playing that you can take the "features" of a game or add-on and utilize them in a manner most other players have not considered. Well done, sir.
=D>
Regardless, since GIVEPLAN will not be used in this game it's sort of a moot point.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#50 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:08 pm

The sagas over that game must make it the 'Young and Restless' game of Circus-Maximus....... :wink:

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#51 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Maybe "The Bold and the Beautiful" might be more apt...

Anyone's guess who is who. :wink:
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#52 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:01 am

Perhaps it's more like Dallas. But that would beg the question of who is J.R.......

User avatar
warpedboard
Posts: 555

Post#53 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 pm

B A N E wrote:
Klauser wrote:I'm a real fan of GIVEPLAN,
What Giveplan needs is a limitation.
ie: X# of uses per game and no more.
Powerful but limited.

Wonder if we could convince warpedboard to work up such a thing?
:wink:
If you twisted my arm enough, or yelled at me loud enough, I might be convinced to have a look at it :wink:

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Post#54 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:26 pm

warpedboard wrote:If you twisted my arm enough, or yelled at me loud enough, I might be convinced to have a look at it :wink:
How about sucking up? Will that work?????
;)
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
warpedboard
Posts: 555

Post#55 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Klauser wrote:
warpedboard wrote:If you twisted my arm enough, or yelled at me loud enough, I might be convinced to have a look at it :wink:
How about sucking up? Will that work?????
;)
Never hurt :lol:

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#56 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:20 pm

warpedboard wrote:
Klauser wrote:
warpedboard wrote:If you twisted my arm enough, or yelled at me loud enough, I might be convinced to have a look at it :wink:
How about sucking up? Will that work?????
;)
Never hurt :lol:
Well, I heard a rumor that Klauser REALLY likes that ship icon editor
for WinVCR!
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Raven2
Posts: 538

Post#57 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Klauser wrote:
Methinks I touched a nerve there. :)

In all seriousness, I'd forgotten there might have been some sensitivity on the issue, and probably shouldn't called it "abusive".
Thank you.
I'll shut up now.
8)
>>> Raven <<<

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#58 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:12 am

With all this talk and speculation are there actually plans to build this game, invitational or otherwise, any time soon?
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Post#59 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:30 am

B A N E wrote:
warpedboard wrote:
Klauser wrote: How about sucking up? Will that work?????
;)
Never hurt :lol:
Well, I heard a rumor that Klauser REALLY likes that ship icon editor
for WinVCR!
True statement - a GREAT little ap. I'm working towards updating the SFB shiplist with it. The only downside it that you have to render the ship graphics down to 50x50 pixels, and still have them look decent. But that's not the fault of WPVCRHelper!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron