Dare I say it?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Post#121 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 am

I think you will need to have big lobes to play either of the last two races :D
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Shardin5

Post#122 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 am

FLETCH wrote:I think you will need to have big lobes to play either of the last two races :D
HMM,
YO BANE, I think you are being paged.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Kaiser

Post#123 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 am

Yep.

I have just emailed BANE and offered him a well deserved victory in Tempest, so maybe he will have the time to enter this one as the Maquis. BANE is unstoppable in Tempest using the Colonial fighter advantages under FHost to hit me from afar. At present I am just running from him rather than have my fleet of Gorbies, which he outnumbers 2:1, obliterated from 100 lys away. It really is quite formiadable and disheartening to see your ships having their warp cores failing and vanishing without an emey ship within shouting distance.
Well done BANE. Excellent tactics - unstoppable!

Kaiser

Gavan

Post#124 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 am

Logain wrote: Now we just need to find one guy who likes little ships and another who has big lobes :D
Maybe we should just start the game with them or set the game up and give people some time to pick these two races up. (I am more for the first option but....)
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Hawkeye

Post#125 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 am

Gavan wrote:
Logain wrote: Now we just need to find one guy who likes little ships and another who has big lobes :D
Maybe we should just start the game with them or set the game up and give people some time to pick these two races up. (I am more for the first option but....)
No word from Havok at this stage

Raven2

Post#126 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

FLETCH wrote:Raven I have to be honest... the Feds in your hands is a very scarey proposition.

Should make for a great challenge.
Thanks for the compliment Fletch. Hope I can live up to it!
Good to see some old AQ faces paired up with new races. Should make things interesting!
The Gorn have not been a factor in the othe AQ games I've played. In AQ1 they quit early, and in AQ3 they were one of the races eliminated for cheating. Looking foward to seeing them operate in capable hands!
I'm also looking at the reincarnation of the nastiest Romulan I've ever faced, and a veteran Klingon player stepping into a scenario where the Klingons are on steroids.
Yep, looking foward to this one!!!
>>> Raven <<<

Logain

Post#127 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Kaiser wrote:Yep.

I have just emailed BANE and offered him a well deserved victory in Tempest, so maybe he will have the time to enter this one as the Maquis. BANE is unstoppable in Tempest using the Colonial fighter advantages under FHost to hit me from afar. At present I am just running from him rather than have my fleet of Gorbies, which he outnumbers 2:1, obliterated from 100 lys away. It really is quite formiadable and disheartening to see your ships having their warp cores failing and vanishing without an emey ship within shouting distance.
Well done BANE. Excellent tactics - unstoppable!

Kaiser
Must be pretty bad... I have a hard time visualizing a fleet of Gorbies running from anything :shock:

Logain

Post#128 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Raven2 wrote:
FLETCH wrote:Raven I have to be honest... the Feds in your hands is a very scarey proposition.

Should make for a great challenge.
Thanks for the compliment Fletch. Hope I can live up to it!
Good to see some old AQ faces paired up with new races. Should make things interesting!
The Gorn have not been a factor in the othe AQ games I've played. In AQ1 they quit early, and in AQ3 they were one of the races eliminated for cheating. Looking foward to seeing them operate in capable hands!
I'm also looking at the reincarnation of the nastiest Romulan I've ever faced, and a veteran Klingon player stepping into a scenario where the Klingons are on steroids.
Yep, looking foward to this one!!!
Did I mention how much I like cloaking gravatonic scouts :D I'll be seeing you soon 8)

B A N E

Post#129 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Logain wrote:Must be pretty bad... I have a hard time visualizing a fleet of Gorbies running from anything :shock:
Wait till end game summary.
:wink:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Kaiser

Post#130 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:18 pm

BANE will write up an end game report soon but just a little glimpse: how about this.

I saw 2 fleets of 25 strong Virgos coming for my one fleet of 30 Gorbies, in different areas of my empire. I can't get near him as in FHost fighters can attack up to 120 lys away.

The Colonial fighters have a near 3:2 advantage in combat skills over the EE. His fighters are almost free, yes mine are free at SBs but so slow to pick up. I can build them for the much reduced FHost price of $15 but that takes up money for SB tech levels.

I could engage him with my 30 Gorbies...what a battle that would be!! but I would get wiped out, and so would one of his fleets, and then his second fleet would destroy the rest of me.

So I ran to take on the Lizards, but now he is withdrawing from my FHost attacks.

Essentially I can not stop the Colonials, his tactics are unstoppable, so although I could and will continue if asked, the outcome is inevitable, a crushing defeat.

And so I offer a much deserved victory to the Colonials and BANE.

As an example of the ship destruction these are the soul destroying messages I was getting, without an enemy in sight:

"Our warp core is failing. We have to abandon our ship immediately"

And then the ship is gone, and they keep on going, 30 so far and there is no end in sight.

Regards

Kaiser

Raven2

Post#131 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Understanding that Logain is occupied for the next couple weeks, we can still ask Havok to set it up and lock the confirmed players in. That would give some time for others to join as the last couple races.
>>> Raven <<<

Gilgamesh

Post#132 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Raven2 wrote:Understanding that Logain is occupied for the next couple weeks, we can still ask Havok to set it up and lock the confirmed players in. That would give some time for others to join as the last couple races.
I like this idea!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Post#133 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 pm

If he builds it, we can start... Just don't get on my case for not getting my turns in instantaneously :D

I should be able to manage a 3 turn per week schedule for an early game setup without a lot of assets to manage... However, I can't guarantee to get in much more than that.

Thanks for the consideration though.

(Face it... I'm a VGAP addict! :wink:)

Logain

Havok
Site Admin

Post#134 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Having some issues on the new server with Windows 7 and building games.

The VGAP Master.exe program likes to run in full screen mode (DOS) and there is no DOS in Vista (Windows 6.0) and Windows 7 (Windows 6.1).

So while everything else is running beautifully in Win7 32bit... I can basically only create a game in AMaster.

I don't want to convert everything over to a Virtual Machine, but that may be (for simplicity's sake) the only thing I can do.

More later.

][

Gilgamesh

Post#135 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:53 pm

3X per week stepping down to 2X is good for me.

][avok - we know you always go to the wall for us. When you're ready, we'll be here. Cheers man.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Game Suggestions”