AQ5 Sacrilege!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720

Post#31 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Game AQ2 was canned due to a cheater who had signed on for 4 races :shock: Havok banned that moron from the site.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Post#32 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm

B A N E wrote:AQ2 = 2nd run of AQ here at CM.
AQ2.0 = Revised AQ scenario after previous AQs run here at CM.
OK - now it makes sense. Thanks!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Re: Borg Assimiilation Rate

Post#33 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Logain wrote:
Cardno wrote:Despite coming into the Alpha Quadrant games as a seasoned player (I played 4 - 5 memorable turns as the Tholian in AQ3 in order to avoid the suspected {and later proven} cheater from picking it up, before dropping it as requested in order for game balance), I am trying to understand what has happened with the assimilation rate for the Borg over the course of the four games and this next game. Cheers
I seem to remember a Tholian named Cardno in AQ1 and a Klingon with the same name in AQ2 (until I took over for you due to some family issue on your end). You're well seasoned in the Alpha Quadrant... Just not long lived :D
Was that me? So long ago can't even remember. Been through a lot of girlfriends in the last 6 years, so 'family' issues are always going on. Calmer now. :wink:

I do remember one custom game that had a lot of issues. Maybe that was AQ1? Don't remember. If so, then, yes, out of five games I would have played in three. Gosh an old hand indeed!

So back to the borg assimilation thing - I see someone corrected me on one game where the assimilation was 100%. What were the others at?

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#34 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 am

Logain I believe it was AQ3 that had the moron running 4 races. We all managed to keep going but it was the abandoned Tholians that opened the door to your controversial tactics ;)

AQ2 was abandoned completely because of the fuel dumps and ship explosions due to the ship list being a little screwed up.

AQ1 was just plain brilliant!!
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720

Post#35 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:51 am

FLETCH wrote:Logain I believe it was AQ3 that had the moron running 4 races. We all managed to keep going but it was the abandoned Tholians that opened the door to your controversial tactics ;)

AQ2 was abandoned completely because of the fuel dumps and ship explosions due to the ship list being a little screwed up.

AQ1 was just plain brilliant!!
Actually, the cheater was in both AQ2 and AQ3. I took over the Klingons from Cardno in AQ2 and found the Privateers with several ships sitting over the Ferengi HW before turn 25... And they weren't stealing anything :? After investigating, Havok threw the cheater(s) out.

Havok then sent out this e-mail:

Those 3 races that just joined the same player(s) that held up the
game previously. I removed them again today.

To many clues in the email addresses they were using. Similar yet different.

and you (FLETCH) sent me this:

Things looked good for a day or two and then it turned out the same morons tried to join the game again under different names..... WANKERS.

Turned out to be one guy playing 3-4 races. He tried again in AQ3, but Havok cleaned him out before the game got started.

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#36 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 am

yeah that sounds right.

Was there also a test game for AQ?

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#37 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:35 am

Logain wrote:
FLETCH wrote:Logain I believe it was AQ3 that had the moron running 4 races. We all managed to keep going but it was the abandoned Tholians that opened the door to your controversial tactics ;)

AQ2 was abandoned completely because of the fuel dumps and ship explosions due to the ship list being a little screwed up.

AQ1 was just plain brilliant!!
Actually, the cheater was in both AQ2 and AQ3. I took over the Klingons from Cardno in AQ2 and found the Privateers with several ships sitting over the Ferengi HW before turn 25... And they weren't stealing anything :? After investigating, Havok threw the cheater(s) out.

Havok then sent out this e-mail:

Those 3 races that just joined the same player(s) that held up the
game previously. I removed them again today.

To many clues in the email addresses they were using. Similar yet different.

and you (FLETCH) sent me this:

Things looked good for a day or two and then it turned out the same morons tried to join the game again under different names..... WANKERS.

Turned out to be one guy playing 3-4 races. He tried again in AQ3, but Havok cleaned him out before the game got started.

Thats right I remember now.

I stand corrected,

It was the "WANKER" comment that jogged my memory :D
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720

Post#38 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:59 am

Cardno wrote:yeah that sounds right.

Was there also a test game for AQ?
I don't remember a test game. Klauser won the Scenario Design contest and Havok hosted the first game as a reward for winning the contest. Those of us who played were the real winners :D

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#39 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 am

interesting thing about that 'wanker' is that I allied with him back when the Battlestar site was up and running.

I first came across him when he was allied with two buddies in a game. We did a NAP after I threatened to RGA him and his 'mates' into submission.

Not so funny is that I allied with him in some games on that site after that game. I was even crappier at playing back then (opens the door for wisecracks).

His main buddy (Mike W) went on to be the guy on this site who seemed to proliferate aliases (too many to tell). The guy I was 'talking to' went quiet and his alias sat on this site for quite some time.

He never seemed to be involved in any of the games with the other suspect aliases, but I always believed he was the same guy and this other alias was simply a 'sitter'. I believe this because there was a claim that they both lived in the same town somewhere in the U. S. and because over time Mike W went from being barely understandable to seemingly having a major personality transplant.

I just went into the game player list and couldn't see him there, so maybe ][avok removed him. I won't name him due to not having certain proof...

Of course maybe I am another alias................ :wink:

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Post#40 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:12 am

Logain wrote:
Cardno wrote:yeah that sounds right.

Was there also a test game for AQ?
I don't remember a test game. Klauser won the Scenario Design contest and Havok hosted the first game as a reward for winning the contest. Those of us who played were the real winners :D
Logain is correct.

I did not run a CM test game for either the AQ or SFB shiplists - however I did test both a lot at home, and ran a beta games with some of my local players before releasing them to ][avok.

Also, I did not submit either AQ or SFB for the Scenario Design Contests, in part because they weren't full "scenarios" - just shiplist mods. (BANE and I did use a specially modified version of my SFB shiplist for our "Arena" submission).
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Post#41 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Speaking on behalf of the over 50 squad, you young 'uns should respect your elders.... :static:

I may not be over 50 yet, but I feel it sometimes being a Grandpa 4 times over with a fifth on the way.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Post#42 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Wow - congrats! Not 50 yet with 4 grandkids and one on the way? You've been a busy family!

We have our first grandchild on the way - due July 4.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720

Post#43 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Wow - congrats! Not 50 yet with 4 grandkids and one on the way? You've been a busy family!

We have our first grandchild on the way - due July 4.
Our first grandson is due July 5... Bought him a pint sized leather jacket here in Korea last weekend 8)

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Post#44 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Heh! I bought our granddaughter-to-be a stuffed jaguar from Archaeology Magazine wearing a T-shirt that says "I Dig Archaeology".

I also got her a King Arthur story book so Grandpa can read to her.

I had to......

So ][avok - Logain and I may be needing a game pause at the beginning of July......
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Post#45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:12 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Heh! I bought our granddaughter-to-be a stuffed jaguar from Archaeology Magazine wearing a T-shirt that says "I Dig Archaeology".

I also got her a King Arthur story book so Grandpa can read to her.

I had to......

So ][avok - Logain and I may be needing a game pause at the beginning of July......
Congrats to both you and Logain....... my fifth is due in August. The rest are ages 12, 2, 21 months and 1 month
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron