AQ5 Sacrilege!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Post#46 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks! Sounds like you have a great family, Shamu. The holidays must be a lot of fun!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

akshamu

Post#47 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks! Sounds like you have a great family, Shamu. The holidays must be a lot of fun!
It was this year, our son was able to come home for the first time in 5 years (He is Navy and was in Japan at the time) and we got to see the third grandchild for the first time.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

FLETCH

Post#48 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 am

I have 2 boys of my own under 10 and a :omg: SURPRISE!! :jawdrop: third baby due in August...

Keeps you on your toes!
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Logain

Post#49 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 am

FLETCH wrote:I have 2 boys of my own under 10 and a :omg: SURPRISE!! :jawdrop: third baby due in August...

Keeps you on your toes!
Congrats FLETCH... Appears you were the only one of the bunch who got to be there for the fun part. Pass on our best to the Mrs... and then run before she gets you in her sights. :fighting18:

FLETCH

Post#50 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:18 am

Thank you for your kind words Logain :)

I have to be honest it has taken a bit of time to start warming to the whole baby thing.

It was a very eventful day and a half actually.

Firstly:
My wife informed me when I got home from work that we were "expecting".

Secondly: 2 hours later...
My 4 year old fell off the trampoline and broke his arm requiring surgery. (ie. very late night in the hospital before returning early the next day for the little fella to be operated on)

Thirdly: The next morning...
I found out I had won a hotly contested position in a different division at work... almost 3 months after I had gone to the interview. I had given up on hearing back from them.

Now almost 4 months later...

We are getting quite excited about the next clan member.
My son has a cool scar on his elbow that he is very proud of.
AND
I am working in a division where I am immersed in something I find fascinating, challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, not to mention just plain COOL.

It is amazing how what was honestly a very confronting period becomes such a blessing after a little time has passed.
FLETCH

B A N E

Post#51 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 am

Congrats Fletch!
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Klauser

Post#52 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

Sounds like you're on a roll!

Congratulations!!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Gilgamesh

Post#53 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 am

Great stuff Fletch!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Post#54 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am

FLETCH wrote: Now almost 4 months later...

AND
I am working in a division where I am immersed in something I find fascinating, challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, not to mention just plain COOL.

It is amazing how what was honestly a very confronting period becomes such a blessing after a little time has passed.
No wonder you have that stunned look on your face :D

Cardno

Post#55 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Logain wrote:

AND

All Australians look like that... every time they visit the fridge and find there is at least one beer left..... :wink:

akshamu

Post#56 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Cardno wrote:
Logain wrote:

AND

All Australians look like that... every time they visit the fridge and find there is at least one beer left..... :wink:
I thought they had the stunned look if they went to the fridge and there was no beer? :idea:
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Gavan

Post#57 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 am

Cardno has it confused with Kiwi's again. Perhaps he has been in OZ too long now.

In Australia that is the look when there is only one beer left. It means you forgot to put more in.

In NZ I am sure it has something to do with Sheep ....... :P
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Cardno

Post#58 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 am

akshamu wrote:
Cardno wrote:
Logain wrote: No wonder you have that stunned look on your face :D
I thought they had the stunned look if they went to the fridge and there was no beer? :idea:
Yeah, it's a pretty similar look actually, except when there is no beer, the mouth is turned down instead of up. Either way though, the 'stunned mullet look' is always there. Life is a constant suprirse for Aussies. Just ask Fletch...... :wink:

FLETCH

Post#59 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 am

Cardno I'm surprised you would say that!!!

:shock:

err...maybe I'm not...
FLETCH

Cardno

Post#60 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:10 am

I meant from the look on your avatar's face......

AND the fact that your life has experienced so much change. Gosh Fletch, be a glass HALF FULL Aussie.....

Return to “Game Suggestions”