AQ5 Sacrilege!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: I.K.S. Gorkon - patrolling near your homeworld...
Contact:

Post by Gilgamesh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks! Sounds like you have a great family, Shamu. The holidays must be a lot of fun!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Anchorage, AK

Post by akshamu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks! Sounds like you have a great family, Shamu. The holidays must be a lot of fun!
It was this year, our son was able to come home for the first time in 5 years (He is Navy and was in Japan at the time) and we got to see the third grandchild for the first time.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by FLETCH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 am

I have 2 boys of my own under 10 and a :omg: SURPRISE!! :jawdrop: third baby due in August...

Keeps you on your toes!
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:52 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Logain » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 am

FLETCH wrote:I have 2 boys of my own under 10 and a :omg: SURPRISE!! :jawdrop: third baby due in August...

Keeps you on your toes!
Congrats FLETCH... Appears you were the only one of the bunch who got to be there for the fun part. Pass on our best to the Mrs... and then run before she gets you in her sights. :fighting18:

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by FLETCH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:18 am

Thank you for your kind words Logain :)

I have to be honest it has taken a bit of time to start warming to the whole baby thing.

It was a very eventful day and a half actually.

Firstly:
My wife informed me when I got home from work that we were "expecting".

Secondly: 2 hours later...
My 4 year old fell off the trampoline and broke his arm requiring surgery. (ie. very late night in the hospital before returning early the next day for the little fella to be operated on)

Thirdly: The next morning...
I found out I had won a hotly contested position in a different division at work... almost 3 months after I had gone to the interview. I had given up on hearing back from them.


Now almost 4 months later...

We are getting quite excited about the next clan member.
My son has a cool scar on his elbow that he is very proud of.
AND
I am working in a division where I am immersed in something I find fascinating, challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, not to mention just plain COOL.

It is amazing how what was honestly a very confronting period becomes such a blessing after a little time has passed.
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Texas

Post by B A N E » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 am

Congrats Fletch!
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:15 am
Location: San Angelo, TX

Post by Klauser » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

Sounds like you're on a roll!

Congratulations!!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: I.K.S. Gorkon - patrolling near your homeworld...
Contact:

Post by Gilgamesh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 am

Great stuff Fletch!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:52 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Logain » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am

FLETCH wrote: Now almost 4 months later...

We are getting quite excited about the next clan member.
My son has a cool scar on his elbow that he is very proud of.
AND
I am working in a division where I am immersed in something I find fascinating, challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, not to mention just plain COOL.

It is amazing how what was honestly a very confronting period becomes such a blessing after a little time has passed.
No wonder you have that stunned look on your face :D

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Cardno » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Logain wrote:
FLETCH wrote: Now almost 4 months later...

We are getting quite excited about the next clan member.
My son has a cool scar on his elbow that he is very proud of.
AND
I am working in a division where I am immersed in something I find fascinating, challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, not to mention just plain COOL.

It is amazing how what was honestly a very confronting period becomes such a blessing after a little time has passed.
No wonder you have that stunned look on your face :D
All Australians look like that... every time they visit the fridge and find there is at least one beer left..... :wink:

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Anchorage, AK

Post by akshamu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Cardno wrote:
Logain wrote:
FLETCH wrote: Now almost 4 months later...

We are getting quite excited about the next clan member.
My son has a cool scar on his elbow that he is very proud of.
AND
I am working in a division where I am immersed in something I find fascinating, challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, not to mention just plain COOL.

It is amazing how what was honestly a very confronting period becomes such a blessing after a little time has passed.
No wonder you have that stunned look on your face :D
All Australians look like that... every time they visit the fridge and find there is at least one beer left..... :wink:
I thought they had the stunned look if they went to the fridge and there was no beer? :idea:
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Gavan
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:31 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post by Gavan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 am

Cardno has it confused with Kiwi's again. Perhaps he has been in OZ too long now.

In Australia that is the look when there is only one beer left. It means you forgot to put more in.

In NZ I am sure it has something to do with Sheep ....... :P
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Cardno » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 am

akshamu wrote:
Cardno wrote:
Logain wrote: No wonder you have that stunned look on your face :D
All Australians look like that... every time they visit the fridge and find there is at least one beer left..... :wink:
I thought they had the stunned look if they went to the fridge and there was no beer? :idea:
Yeah, it's a pretty similar look actually, except when there is no beer, the mouth is turned down instead of up. Either way though, the 'stunned mullet look' is always there. Life is a constant suprirse for Aussies. Just ask Fletch...... :wink:

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by FLETCH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 am

Cardno I'm surprised you would say that!!!

:shock:

err...maybe I'm not...
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Cardno » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:10 am

I meant from the look on your avatar's face......

AND the fact that your life has experienced so much change. Gosh Fletch, be a glass HALF FULL Aussie.....

Post Reply

Return to “Game Suggestions”