AQ5?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

AQ5?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:47 pm

This is not to put pressure on you ][avok - I'm just curious if AQ5 is really in the works or not. If it is, great, I'll hang on for a while, but if it's not going to come up in the forseeable future I'm kinda thinking of joining Circle the Fringes.

So - not pressure, just a question.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#2 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 pm

I have done no work on this game. Haven't even considered it yet. I'll have to get with Klauser when we both have some free time.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 pm

OK - in that case I'll sign up for Circle. Thanks! :D
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Shardin5

Post#4 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:30 am

Havok wrote:I have done no work on this game. Haven't even considered it yet. I'll have to get with Klauser when we both have some free time.
Speaking about free time. Please look at the overview documents I sent to you. I will send the actual game necessary files shortly, but need to know how long you might need to setup a Beta game? Not anytime soon, as RL is kicking my ass, but just in general.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

FLETCH

Post#5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:36 am

][avok I have to start by saying I have nothing but appreciation for the time and effort you put into this site for all of us, but...

One of the most popular threads in recent months was a request for AQ to be hosted.

It managed to cover config requests, discuss whether there should be changes to the ship lists (which was a resounding no) and even filled all the race slots.

I don't pretend to know all that is involved in setting up and hosting a game but I am curious what more you need?

This game was all set to go and now there are two new completely different games you have created from scratch, with potentially buggy add-ons and the game that was the topic of a VERY popular thread hasn't even got a look in.

Now as a result, players who were committed to AQ have dropped off to join one of these new ones.

Sorry I may be just having a whinge but I am disappointed.

Is there more to setting up AQ then a normal game that is making it difficult?

Do you have any idea when you might get AQ running?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 am

FLETCH wrote:][avok I have to start by saying I have nothing but appreciation for the time and effort you put into this site for all of us, but...

One of the most popular threads in recent months was a request for AQ to be hosted.

It managed to cover config requests, discuss whether there should be changes to the ship lists (which was a resounding no) and even filled all the race slots.

I don't pretend to know all that is involved in setting up and hosting a game but I am curious what more you need?

This game was all set to go and now there are two new completely different games you have created from scratch, with potentially buggy add-ons and the game that was the topic of a VERY popular thread hasn't even got a look in.

Now as a result, players who were committed to AQ have dropped off to join one of these new ones.

Sorry I may be just having a whinge but I am disappointed.

Is there more to setting up AQ then a normal game that is making it difficult?

Do you have any idea when you might get AQ running?
If I recall the thread correctly I need the shiplist fixed and balanced and the exploding fuel dump issue resolved.
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Post#7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 am

My understanding was that the ship list has already been altered/updated to remove the exploding problems. Isn't the ship list basically the same as the SFB list that was updated to stop these problems?

If the problem is an imbalance in the fighting power of the ship lists, that was addressed within the racial attributes each race has to offer. Not all of which are there because they are good at fighting.

If I am wrong and there is much more to this then I am aware of then chalk this up to my ignorance. If there is not much more then this do you have an idea when we might expect the game to be set up?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Raven2

Post#8 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 am

With all due respect and appreciation for everything Havok does for us:

Agree with Fletch -- I think the new version of AQ was adjusted to remove the exploding problems. Questions about the shiplist and combat power were resolved in the discussion threads.
Five players who had committed to AQ5 have joined another new game. I can only hope they've done so in addition to their AQ5 plans and not instead of.
>>> Raven <<<

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:21 am

I'm trying to limit myself to one game at a time so for me, "Circle" is instead of AQ5. Circle seems to be filling quickly, so if there is an AQ5 on the near horizon I'll drop it before it starts in favour of waiting for AQ. The impression I had, however, was that it wasn't going to be starting anytime soon.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cardno

Post#10 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm

I think, unless someone has communicated to ][avok directly that the issues were resolved, you can't expect him to follow threads to be aware of this.

Gavan

Post#11 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I'm trying to limit myself to one game at a time so for me, "Circle" is instead of AQ5. Circle seems to be filling quickly, so if there is an AQ5 on the near horizon I'll drop it before it starts in favour of waiting for AQ. The impression I had, however, was that it wasn't going to be starting anytime soon.
I am with Gil on this one. I took Circle instead of AQ5 as I do not see AQ5 starting any time soon either. (We have been talking about it for some time now) but if I am now told AQ5 will start shortly I will also drop out of Circle before it starts and let someone else have my spot.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#12 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 pm

I think I'm going to do that anyway. AQ5 is the game I really wanted to play. If it starts up in a couple of weeks I'll be kicking myself all the way to the end of Circle.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Shardin5

Post#13 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I think I'm going to do that anyway. AQ5 is the game I really wanted to play. If it starts up in a couple of weeks I'll be kicking myself all the way to the end of Circle.
Well we could vote to end that game.

Sorry I couldn't help myself
:twisted: :P :twisted:

NOBODY TAKE THE COMMENT, as anything other than a JOKE.
and yes I do find it funny.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Gilgamesh

Post#14 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 pm

I vote to continue, but I'm not going to tell you who I am just to drive Shardin crazy! :P

That was a joke too. 8)

Done - Klingons are open again. I'll hold on for AQ5.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Raven2

Post#15 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:01 pm

AQ5 Hopefuls,
I have taken the liberty of going through the various AQ5 threads and pulling the comments of the various players together into a game request. I have e-mailed the request below to Havok.

Havok,

I don't know where the disconnect happened, but I've gone through the AQ5 threads and pulled the discussion together into a game request:

Alpha Quadrant 5

Game would use Klauser's Alpha Quadrant Scenario, version 2.0. This is the version that Klauser updated to fix the exploding ship problem. No deviations from the scenario. Uses Klauser's HCONFIG settings and shiplist.
Game would use the following addons: Starbase+, Race+ (using Klauser's optimized settings), Teleport.
Run 3x per week until turn 20, then 2x week after that.
Victory condition: Galactic Domination -- Last race standing or upon agreement by players.

Races pre-populated as follows:

Raven2 - Federation
FLETCH - Gorn
Logain - Romulans
Gilgamesh - Klingons
Kaiser - Orions
Cardno - Borg
Shardin5 - Tholians
Gavan - Dominion
Hawkeye - Cardassians
Akshamu - Maquis
OPEN - Ferengi