Anyone for new UnNatural Selection Game?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Would you like to play in a new UnNatural Selection game?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 am

Yes
2
67%
No
0
No votes
Perhaps
1
33%
Total votes: 3

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#106 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:07 pm

errr yeah ...sorry about that.... :bolt:

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Post#107 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:So we un-hijacked the thread from the ding-dong about halo, so we could talk about - rugby? :shock: :lol: :P
Oh go drink some blood wine or whatever you silly Klingons do! :lol:
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#108 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:51 am

akshamu wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:So we un-hijacked the thread from the ding-dong about halo, so we could talk about - rugby? :shock: :lol: :P
Oh go drink some blood wine or whatever you silly Klingons do! :lol:
Thanks for the support akshamu... .although...that was just a little bit 'camp'.... :shock:

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#109 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:13 am

I guess that is a sign that I should hurry up and finish the setup.... :roll:

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Post#110 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Cardno wrote:
akshamu wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:So we un-hijacked the thread from the ding-dong about halo, so we could talk about - rugby? :shock: :lol: :P
Oh go drink some blood wine or whatever you silly Klingons do! :lol:
Thanks for the support akshamu... .although...that was just a little bit 'camp'.... :shock:
Why thank you Card.... I was just trying to do my best Cardno imitation. :P
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#111 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:01 am

The latest changes can be seen on the config website http://vgap.innernet.co.za/customracecreator3.php

You will see that I have Added the Rules, Setup and Information in the first section. The idea is that if you have a question about somthing that you can go to that page and from there find what you need. There are links to the features in PHost that we use, Recommended Clients, VCR Viewer.
There is also a Ship List which sums all the features of each ship in use.
I have also cleaned up the Economy and Exploits sections so that you cannot choose conflicting options (Radio buttons for each option)
You can also see the features of each ship and which features are only available after certain Experience Levels.

If there is any info you guys can think of that I should also add to the game setup page, please let me know.

I'll put the ship images used up for download if you might want to use them and I will also add a default pconfig file which you can play with.

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#112 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Crikey Bitmask - you have done an amazing job with this....i'm almost tempted even though I have no idea how to drive PHost

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#113 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:24 pm

You drive PHost the same as THost.
But if you want you can accelerate and use some advance options when you play. But that is optional.

The only diff in this game that you will see (PHost vs THost) is that
a) the messages look small bit different (Like only gettting one Minefield message per minefield)
b) You will have to use PVCR to view your battles, while with THost it is a optional.

The other features we use is just like having an addon in the game with THost.

Even Gil successfully played one of the previous versions, so then anybody can do it. (Not so sure this is looking like I indend it to should :roll: )

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4938
Contact:

Post#114 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:33 pm

BitMask wrote:
Even Gil successfully played one of the previous versions, so then anybody can do it. (Not so sure this is looking like I indend it to should :roll: )
Oh don't worry - I'm sure it's coming across EXACTLY the way you intended :lol:

So easy, even a Klingon can do it..... :evil:

:P
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Post#115 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
BitMask wrote:
Even Gil successfully played one of the previous versions, so then anybody can do it. (Not so sure this is looking like I indend it to should :roll: )
Oh don't worry - I'm sure it's coming across EXACTLY the way you intended :lol:

So easy, even a Klingon can do it..... :evil:

:P
That must mean its a piece of cake for a caveman then! :P
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#116 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:52 pm

akshamu wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:
BitMask wrote:
Even Gil successfully played one of the previous versions, so then anybody can do it. (Not so sure this is looking like I indend it to should :roll: )
Oh don't worry - I'm sure it's coming across EXACTLY the way you intended :lol:

So easy, even a Klingon can do it..... :evil:

:P
That must mean its a piece of cake for a caveman then! :P
Hmm. I think I am being quoted out of context now 8)
As long as you guys all join the game you are forgiven :)

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4938
Contact:

Post#117 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:42 pm

I really would like to, even with the Phost stuff involved - I'm just a little worried about the time. Besides all the RL stuff, AQ5 is rolling right along....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
Rimstalker
Posts: 955
Contact:

Post#118 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Bitmask - you are recommending PCC as one client of choice. Beta9 of PCC2 is currently available and I guess it's fairly stable, it already has a builtin vcr viewer and does not even need to unpack turns.

edit: does the supply production rate only affect factories, or bovos as well?
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#119 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Rimstalker wrote:Bitmask - you are recommending PCC as one client of choice. Beta9 of PCC2 is currently available and I guess it's fairly stable, it already has a builtin vcr viewer and does not even need to unpack turns.

edit: does the supply production rate only affect factories, or bovos as well?
PlayVCR that I recommend for the VCR viewer is actually part of the installer of PCC2. PCC2 should be fine. It loves PHost (Just recommend PCC V1 because it is not beta :) )

Supply production is only related to your factories on your planets. Bovs are excluded.

User avatar
Hawkeye
Posts: 1029

Post#120 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Sorry if these have been covered before, but a few questions: :)

a) What is meant by "Planet immunity" (Klingon)
b) Klingons have "Ships immune to GD". Does this mean that if an enemy sets off a GD, then no damage will be taken?
c) If I have a hardened cloak, does this mean that the cloak will still work regardless of how much damage the ship has?
d) Do stickymines drain fuel?
e) Where it's got "minefields safe travel" and then in brackets cloaked or uncloaked, does this mean I must be cloaked or uncloaked to get the bonus? If I choose the top option in this row, can I travel cloaked at Warp 8 with immunity?

TIA, Hawkeye

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron