Anyone for new UnNatural Selection Game?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Would you like to play in a new UnNatural Selection game?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 am

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Perhaps
33%
Total votes: 3

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#121 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:45 am

a) What is meant by "Planet immunity" (Klingon)
Planets that set their FC to ATT or NUK will attack an enemy ship that orbit it even though that ship has not set Primary Enemy or mission Kill. However Klingon and Rebel ships cannot be attacked by planets in this way. This is the normal Host behaviour for those 2 races.
b) Klingons have "Ships immune to GD". Does this mean that if an enemy sets off a GD, then no damage will be taken?
If you are the owner of the GD ship that gets POPed, then you only get 10% while all enemy ships get 100% minehit damage. However if another race POP a GD, Klingon ships will only get 10% damage to their ships. This in the normal Host behaviour for the Klingons.
c) If I have a hardened cloak, does this mean that the cloak will still work regardless of how much damage the ship has?

Correct yes
d) Do stickymines drain fuel?

From the race setup page where you can choose Sticky Mines Mission "(Sticky Mines has a 5% hit chance (normal & cloak) and only do 25% of the damage of a normal mine, but when a minehit occurs the ship is stuck(movement) till the next turn. Normal mines will NOT destroy webmines and you have to be closer to a sticky minefield to sweep it (5LY) - It's webmines with 0 fuel drain) "
e) Where it's got "minefields safe travel" and then in brackets cloaked or uncloaked, does this mean I must be cloaked or uncloaked to get the bonus? If I choose the top option in this row, can I travel cloaked at Warp 8 with immunity?
If it say Uncloaked it only applies when you are not cloaked. If it says Cloaked, then you must be cloaked for it to apply. In the top option you will not hit a minefield when you travel at warp 8 or less and your ships are uncloaked.

Hawkeye

Post#122 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 am

Thanks dude, great answers to all questions. This setup is like being a kid when you're offered a bag of mixed lolllies, but can only pick 4 :)

B A N E

Post#123 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:12 pm

BM,

Have you decided on a map?
Wrapped or not?

Starting homeworld configuration?
# of clans, $$$, minerals.

Thanks,
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Hawkeye

Post#124 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:51 pm

B A N E wrote:BM,

Wrapped or not?

Thanks,
Agreed on starting map, esp spacing between planets and initial config would be handy for making a call on what to pick. Also how many exp points required to get to next level, and points awarded for stuff etc.

B A N E

Post#125 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Default exp. levels are:

Experience awards for actions are explained at phost.de.
http://phost.de/phost4doc/exp.html
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#126 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am

B A N E wrote:Default exp. levels are:

Experience awards for actions are explained at phost.de.
http://phost.de/phost4doc/exp.html
The Default Exp. Levels are used.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#127 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:08 am

B A N E wrote:BM,

Wrapped or not?

Thanks,
It is a custom map build for this game.
Custom HW locations, No Wrap, 4 000 clans, 4000MC.

Homeworld Core 4000 N, 2000 T, 3500 D, 1650 M
Homeworld Surface 2000 N, t300 T, 350 D, 150 M
Homeworld Density 20 N, 20 T, 15 D, 95 M

PlanetCoreRangesUsual = 110, 110, 110, 110, 700, 500, 500, 200
PlanetCoreRangesAlternate = 900, 800, 700, 600, 12000, 10000, 10000, 10000
PlanetCoreUsualFrequency = 74, 82, 86, 87
(This means that except for fuel (26%), the other minerals will have around 15% chance to be a big rock. Chances are you will need your Alcamy ships in this game and build wisely!)

NativesOnPlanetFrequency = 50
(About half the planets may have natives)

HomeworldMines = 50
HomeworldFactories = 100
HomeworldDefence = 20
HomeworldSupplies = 300
HomeworldColonistTax = 0
HomeworldColonistHappy = 80
BaseFreeDefence = 10
BaseFreeFighters = 10

2 Free ships (warp 7) = Swift Scout & MDSF
Last edited by BitMask on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#128 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:54 am

Hawkeye wrote: spacing between planets
Homeworlds are between 410LY and 620 LY to closest enemy
Hawkeye wrote: points awarded for stuff etc.
NumExperienceLevels = 4
ExperienceLevels = 750,1500,3000,6000
ExperienceLevelNames = Recruit,Soldier,Experienced,Elite,Ultra Elite
EPShipAging = 15
EPPlanetAging = 25
EPPlanetGovernment = 0
EPShipMovement100LY = 40
EPShipHyperjump = 30
EPShipChunnel = 30
EPShipAlchemy100KT = 5
EPShipIonStorm100MEV = 80
EPCombatKillScaling = 800
EPCombatDamageScaling = 200

Rimstalker

Post#129 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:16 am

and you truely believe anyone is going for annis?

and another question: in the newest selection screen, the virgo shows something like level 4 experience for the fights with all weapons, which was not there in earlier version of the page I believe.

so only veteran virgos will behave like this?
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#130 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 am

Rimstalker wrote:and you truely believe anyone is going for annis?

and another question: in the newest selection screen, the virgo shows something like level 4 experience for the fights with all weapons, which was not there in earlier version of the page I believe.

so only veteran virgos will behave like this?
Annihilation with the Commander ability will increate Combat experience for all other owned ships in combat. It does not even have to fight. There will be takers, yes. 8)

All the larger ships/features have the experience added it. Only veteran Ships will have that feature. You can train your crew in their own ship or go for a training at the Acadamy ship if you have it.

Rimstalker

Post#131 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:51 am

sorry, but stuff like that make me totally not want to play this scenario.

the whole experience thing is dodgy imho, and that anni is just the tip on the turd.

Show me any worthwhile RTS game that has an experience factor, where units level up.

There is of course WarcraftIII, but calling that a serious RTS game is out of the question.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of this game, and I am impressed by the amount of work you put into it, but the Ship Experience is a showstopper for me.

I have played a lot of strategy board games, and in every single one of them additons like 'leaders' (in the Shattered Realms expansion of Twilight Imperium III) are either totally not worth the bother, or they create game breakers. Same thing in the Starcraft boardgame, with Broodwar expansion. They added new Stage III cards. The old ones only gave you a second way of winning the game, which was clearly defined, and visible to your enemies. The expansion introduced Heroes you could choose instead, and these are just broken. Any army that has one in it is almost impossibly to combat.
The last two games I played, one I only made 2nd place because there was a hero Carrier put into play that I could not possibly defeat, the other one I won, because I put a Hero Ultralisk into my homebase and together with a Queen, it easily defended against an attack force three times as big.

edit: To sum it all up: I do not want to waste about a year (120 turns) to find out whether it's overpowered or worthless.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#132 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Rimstalker

That is a good opinion that you have, which is fine with me. I respect that. The previous version of this scenario did not have Experience. This one however does have it.
I do not think this will be the last one either. Perhaps the next version I will exclude the experience again for all those that asked for it.

Experience is the only way I will get Bane to play this scenario :lol:

Gilgamesh

Post#133 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:24 am

Yeah - I am with Rimstalker on this. I really respect and appreciate the work you've put into this BM but it's too much "stuff" for me to take the leap. Thanks though. Great concept for a game and I really enjoyed the first one. Cheers!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#134 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:59 pm

As I said before in this post. I might be persuaded to drop the combat changes that is brought in with Experience. (Ships fight better with more experience and the Commander ship feature).
So give me a vote if that will change your minds and we can look at it.
(The ship features with exp. will stay)

Gilgamesh

Post#135 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Well I was under a time consideration to begin with so if experience is in there at all that would be a tipping point for me.

So I think I'm out of this one. Thanks though!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Game Suggestions”