No Frills With Normal Resources

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Olyrin

No Frills With Normal Resources

Post#1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:33 pm

How about an occasional no frills VGAP game with normal minerals and money and a few no frills games with rare minerals and money? Most universes are so rich that after a relatively short time you can build Golems, Biocides, and Gorbies almost as easily as you can build Diplomacies, Resolutes, or D7’s.

Also for these games, no add-ons please. I look forward to playing some games with the add-ons when my skill level improves and when I am finished with some of my current games. However, for now the game is complex enough without the add-ons. Custom starmaps are good but please let us know in the game description if the universe has an unusual map such as say a spiral galaxy.

Thanks for running this host. The various types of games you offer keeps things interesting and fun.
It is not the critic who counts...
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...

Cherek

Post#2 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:35 pm

How about the map wrap add-on?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Olyrin

Post#3 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:35 pm

Any add-on changes the balance of the game in somebody’s favor. However, a wrap around map can make it so you can spread out the races on the map and not have anyone stuck in the middle with everybody gunning for them. With a wrapped map everybody is surrounded.

This is not a request for a specific game for me to play in right now. I can’t start another game at this time. It just seems that there are very few games with normal resources and no add-ons.

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: No Frills With Normal Resources

Post#4 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:43 pm

Olyrin wrote:How about an occasional no frills VGAP game with normal minerals and money and a few no frills games with rare minerals and money? Most universes are so rich that after a relatively short time you can build Golems, Biocides, and Gorbies almost as easily as you can build Diplomacies, Resolutes, or D7’s.

Also for these games, no add-ons please. I look forward to playing some games with the add-ons when my skill level improves and when I am finished with some of my current games. However, for now the game is complex enough without the add-ons. Custom starmaps are good but please let us know in the game description if the universe has an unusual map such as say a spiral galaxy.

Thanks for running this host. The various types of games you offer keeps things interesting and fun.

I can make a next to nothing, bare bones, no natives on any planets game for ya... But you might be playing by yourself :)

And I usually don't put any add-on's with No Frills. That defeats the purpose.

I'll build up No Frills #9 tonight after work.
Best Regards,

Joe

Olyrin

Post#5 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:06 pm

No natives might be a little too lean. Don’t start any games for me just yet. I need to finish one of the games I am in first.

hennef

Post#6 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:17 pm

too fast too fast!!!

i want to join all of them. but something reminds me of NOT doing it. WHY????
aaah, no more choices.......... :P

Olyrin

Post#7 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:21 pm

Exactly. I want to join almost every new game I hear about but alas one only has so much time and all too little of it can be spent in the Echo Cluster.

Cherek

Post#8 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:00 am

THat is why I limit myself to five games, six max (I'm currently maxxed out). I'm in two No Frill games, two PHost games, an Alien game and a THost game.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:03 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:THat is why I limit myself to five games, six max (I'm currently maxxed out). I'm in two No Frill games, two PHost games, an Alien game and a THost game.

Only 6?

Look, I got 3 more PHOST games starting this weekend with your name on them... You gotta play dude!!! :twisted:
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#10 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:47 am

Can't, not enough time.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#11 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:41 pm

Olyrin wrote:No natives might be a little too lean. Don’t start any games for me just yet. I need to finish one of the games I am in first.

There is a new No Frills game, that's normal and default..etc... If you're interested :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Olyrin

Post#12 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:27 pm

I'm singed up. I couldn't resist.

Thanks

:D

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:48 pm

Olyrin wrote:I'm singed up. I couldn't resist.

Thanks

:D

Had a feeling you would :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#14 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:54 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:How about the map wrap add-on?

That's the only addon in the game.
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#15 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:24 pm

Why should a No Frills, Plain Jane or Vanilla game have any add-ons?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Game Suggestions”