Who Wants A Daily Game?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Who Wants A Daily Game?

Yes Milord ][avok! I want to play in a daily game!
7
64%
Nay Milord. That's to much for me. I'm an old lady and can't handle the stress. I over analyse my turns and it takes me hours just to move a few ships.
3
27%
What's VGA Planets?
1
9%
Total votes: 11

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Who Wants A Daily Game?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Most people don't seem to want 7 days a week other than a select few. So this vote is for a compromise. Let's say a 5 day a week game with the weekends off.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
qzmojo
Posts: 123
Contact:

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:04 pm

I think I'd rather do the other way around..... 2 days, Sat and Sun with the week between off.....

(I AM an old lady)
Your Friendly Pirate,

Mojo :D
---------------
It pays to be obvious,
Especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.
- S. Hardin
Mayor, Terminus

User avatar
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Posts: 688

Post#3 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:16 pm

My ideal game:

Runs every day for the first 15 turns, including weekends.
Runs M,W,F until the ship limit is reached.
Runs Tue. and Fri. until the end of the game.
As usual the game runs immediately if all turns are in.

Addons: Starbase+ and Sphere are the only two I am familiar with that I liked. I'd be interested in trying Jumpgate.
Definite no's on: Raceplus, and a couple others...

FHOST looks really cool, but it's pretty much a completely different game from VGAP so even though I'd really like to try it I'll leave it out to avoid complication.

Shiplist: does anyone really need to ask? Well, I guess the newer members aren't yet aware the I am TList's biggest cheerleader. I still say it is just about the perfect shiplist for a basicly standard game.

Edit: It appears that I'm an old lady, too.

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#4 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:38 pm

Tlist?
wuzzat?

User avatar
darkdimensions
Posts: 212

Post#5 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:34 pm

I agree with Zap. that does seem to be a pretty good schedule.
I prefer TList and enjoy both starbase+ and sphere as well as Jumpgate.

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#6 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:05 am

I agree with Zap, and being his wife, you know I HATE to do that.
Trillian

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#7 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:50 am

Trillian wrote:I agree with Zap, and being his wife, you know I HATE to do that.
Do you know what is worst than that? Sometimes, I agree with Shardin.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#8 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:13 am

B A N E wrote:Tlist?
wuzzat?
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Re ... tlist.html

nm.

Hmm some rather uhm...major changes to certain ships and the
ramifications of such.

Interesting.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#9 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:29 am

Now I see why Zap likes Tlist. The ships haven't been radically changed like in Plist.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#10 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:39 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Now I see why Zap likes Tlist. The ships haven't been radically changed like in Plist.
It's a good list for fighter races.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#11 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:20 pm

Sysop wrote:It's a good list for fighter races.
The Tholian ships could still be improved a little more. I am glad to see the Diamond has more cargo space but the Crystal Thunder could use about 30 or 40 more cargo space.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Posts: 688

Post#12 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:It's a good list for fighter races.
The Tholian ships could still be improved a little more. I am glad to see the Diamond has more cargo space but the Crystal Thunder could use about 30 or 40 more cargo space.
They were being very conservative when they made the changes. They didn't want to change the essence of the game, they just wanted to make as many of the worthless ships worth building as possible.

For instance, I've been looking at the standard shiplist for the robots. There is almost no reason whatever to build any combat ship other than the Golem. The others are so close in cost (Money and Resources) that the upgrade to the next better ship is insignificant. (So if you're playing in NF-V you can expect to see a LOT of Golems...)

The Cybernaut. Does anyone build it? Of course not. It's a waste. 5 bays and 50 cargo??? 4 Engines????
In TList it's 3 Engines, 5 bays, 150 cargo, AND much less Tritanium to construct. Not a major change, but it makes the ship a reasonable middle-weight carrier. One less bay than the CoM Scorpius (with TList) but 70 more cargo, and we all know the Robots need carriers with cargo space.

*Zaphod takes off his TList cheerleader uniform*

(Edit add)
Send the creators an eMail. Ask them about adding 30 or 40 cargo to the Crystal Thunder. Maybe they tried it and it was unbalancing. Dunno. Maybe they'll do it in the next version of TList.

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#13 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 pm

...drooling about the application of a 9b/2t Saurian.
The Reptile being 1 engine ruins it as a sacrificial tow.
But other than that, being an avid Gorn/Lizard... very cool for Liz.

User avatar
darkdimensions
Posts: 212

Post#14 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:42 am

exactly, at least a few not so useful ships can add some beams and become worthwhile (sweepers,anti-fighter) if nothing else. not to mention the extra tubes, at least they could take out something now with out going PoP-- :p

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#15 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:57 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:It's a good list for fighter races.
The Tholian ships could still be improved a little more. I am glad to see the Diamond has more cargo space but the Crystal Thunder could use about 30 or 40 more cargo space.
They were being very conservative when they made the changes. They didn't want to change the essence of the game, they just wanted to make as many of the worthless ships worth building as possible.

For instance, I've been looking at the standard shiplist for the robots. There is almost no reason whatever to build any combat ship other than the Golem. The others are so close in cost (Money and Resources) that the upgrade to the next better ship is insignificant. (So if you're playing in NF-V you can expect to see a LOT of Golems...)

The Cybernaut. Does anyone build it? Of course not. It's a waste. 5 bays and 50 cargo??? 4 Engines????
In TList it's 3 Engines, 5 bays, 150 cargo, AND much less Tritanium to construct. Not a major change, but it makes the ship a reasonable middle-weight carrier. One less bay than the CoM Scorpius (with TList) but 70 more cargo, and we all know the Robots need carriers with cargo space.

*Zaphod takes off his TList cheerleader uniform*

(Edit add)
Send the creators an eMail. Ask them about adding 30 or 40 cargo to the Crystal Thunder. Maybe they tried it and it was unbalancing. Dunno. Maybe they'll do it in the next version of TList.
wrong you are: the best universal ship for the robot is the automa. golems are way more expensive and the automa kills everything execpt the real mighty carriers (those where you only win by fighting from the left side). AUTOMA ROCKS!!!

but right you are: cybernaut (and pawn) is utterly useless. but with those stats it gets intersting. and they gave some sense to the scorpius as well. good.
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron