Alpha Quadrant Anyone?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Re: Alpha Quadrant Anyone?

Post#16 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:26 am

Awww man... Not an AQ game...

#-o
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Raven2

Post#17 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 am

Havok wrote:I'll try and do something over the new few days. Pretty busy here at the moment.
Havok - Whenever you can get to it will be great. Appreciate all you do!

When you set up the game, please consider giving the Cardassians a bit more juice by increasing the minefield max. Most AQ scenarios max minefields at 75 ly radius. Perhaps a modest increase to 100 or 125?
Also, I recall an AQ scenario where Klingons and Ferrengi were vulnerable to planet attacks. Please make sure Klingon and Ferrengi ARE immune to ATT/NUK. They lose one of their best abilities if planets can smack them.

Thanks again!

=D> =D> =D>
>>> Raven <<<

Klauser

Post#18 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Logain wrote: SFB4 has been as enjoyable as any AQ scenario. You are right that it is a quiet game. Hardly any in-game comms and no trash talk. I almost didn't pick the Klingons, but have enjoyed every moment of the game. Klauser's scenarios have totally revamped my appreciation of this game. I don't know if I owe him several cold beverages of his choice or if he owes my wife several years of missed chores and delayed projects at home..."
So sorry to come in late to comment on this thread - ][avok has been helping me get my forum account "un-screwed".

I'm still thrilled there's this much love for my SFB & AQ mods. They were a real labor (and I do mean labor) of love and I'm glad they're still appreciated.

And Logain, I can't speak for your wife, but whenever my wife sees a VGAP starmap on my screen, she rolls her eyes and mutters something about "that dam game" ... :roll:
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Klauser wrote:
Logain wrote: And Logain, I can't speak for your wife, but whenever my wife sees a VGAP starmap on my screen, she rolls her eyes and mutters something about "that dam game" ... :roll:
I've had several girlfriends do the same thing... "That game's more important to you than I am!!!"
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#20 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Game Index has not been working for several hrs, is someone making a game :)

Anyone else have problems with the game page? seems like most the time it is down may be just me.

Raven2

Post#21 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:23 pm

casebolt wrote:Game Index has not been working for several hrs, is someone making a game :)

Anyone else have problems with the game page? seems like most the time it is down may be just me.
It's not loading for me either.
>>> Raven <<<

Gilgamesh

Post#22 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:44 pm

The index loads for me, but some of the game pages are blank - just a white page
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#23 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:28 am

The entire Game index is white for the last couple days.

Gilgamesh

Post#24 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:36 am

It is for me too now. Looked OK last night - I must have had a cached version.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#25 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:09 am

Sometimes the troll gets stuck on something and then cant upload the new page. It's working now.

casebolt

Post#26 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:54 am

Still White, out of 50 or so tries in the last few days it worked 2 times right now its white again.

casebolt

Post#27 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:12 am

Anyone have a clue why the Games Index is white for me? do I have to delete something?

Casebolt...

JonnyDoH

Post#28 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:29 am

I've found it useful to bookmark the individual games I am in; sometimes it bypasses the "white fog of uncertainty" when it comes to checking the games from the main index. If you know the game number you're in, you can simply substitute it in the link below (link is to my game).

http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/game385.htm
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

casebolt

Post#29 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:59 am

tx

Havok
Site Admin

Post#30 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm

The white page is a hiccup with Autotroll and it's FTP connection. I don't know what's causing it to do this over the last week and a half but it's driving me kinda nuts. I logged into the server about 10 times yesterday and forced it to upload the page.

Basically every time AT makes an FTP connection it erases the pages it's going to update first, then uploads the updated copies. What's happening is that AT is connecting, some sort of communication happens because the pages are erased, and then the FTP connection times out and nothing gets uploaded.... This doesn't happen on every FTP connection, but it certainly appears to be happening on most of them.

Until it gets resolved the best suggestions I can make are to set your browser to clear it's cache every time you turn it off. (All browsers but Chrome have this option built in). You can also press the key combo CTRL-F5 to force a refresh on the game page URL as well. If you have a cached copy, that will force the browser to grab what's there just in case you're not seeing an updated games.htm page. (Provided it's there)

In other news, I'm building a new environment for AutoTroll. AT is going virtual actually and will be hosted on a server with multiple systems. However limited free time the last few months has kept me from finishing that project, building new games, scoring completed games, etc... I hope to have it done soon as the current installation of AT I'm using is the original one I setup almost 10 years ago and I think it needs a fresh start. So hang in there, I'll update you more as it nears completion.

Here's a pic of the project. It's going to be wall mounted in a shadow box.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”