The evolution of VGAP 3

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Proteus

The evolution of VGAP 3

Post#1 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Anyone remember playing vgap with dos and NO utilities?

Remember how difficult it was?

As the game grew, all those player utilities were invented and now, would you play without them? Give up Echoview, winplan, vpa, pcc ...?

... and those autobuild functions .... what a timesaver .....

It is now possible to use a cplayer to assist you with playing your turn.

Not good at building a strong economy? Now you will have guidance.

How many times have you spent hours on every turn, only to have some players just drop out? This will ease that pain.....

In a short time I would like to set up a No Frills game with sphere .... but with ALL the players using a Cplayer to assist them.

For futher info on the development of using this new tool go to the section on GAME INFO.

Gil

hennef

Post#2 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:57 pm

i bet, i will be better without the c-player. i will probably revers ALL actions the c-player initiated..... :wink:
have fun!

hennef

Proteus

Post#3 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:08 pm

For you yes .... but for Shardy the cplayer would reverse all his actions. :)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#4 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:19 pm

hennef wrote:i bet, i will be better without the c-player. i will probably revers ALL actions the c-player initiated..... :wink:
My thoughts exactly. Why would I want to let a player that I can outplay with a blindfold on do my turn for me. Like you say, it would be like letting Shardin or Cherek do my turn....

Shardin5

Post#5 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:40 pm

Proteus wrote:For you yes .... but for Shardy the cplayer would reverse all his actions. :)
Lots of Talk from a guy with with 27 ships in a game and all of them Falcon's.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Proteus

Post#6 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:55 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
hennef wrote:i bet, i will be better without the c-player.
My thoughts exactly. Why would I want to let a player that I can outplay with a blindfold on do my turn for me. ....
You are correct .... the cplayer is weaker than a human player ... for now.

Tim's original cplayer was poor, but it evolved to Q, Dominate,etc. What I am advocating is combining the best abilties of the cplayer to the best of a human player. Both have weaknesses than can be overcome.

Who can remember the early computors?

Who also remembers people saying ....."what would I ever use one for .... I can do it faster myself"

:roll:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#7 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:27 am

Proteus wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
hennef wrote:i bet, i will be better without the c-player.
My thoughts exactly. Why would I want to let a player that I can outplay with a blindfold on do my turn for me. ....
You are correct .... the cplayer is weaker than a human player ... for now.

Tim's original cplayer was poor, but it evolved to Q, Dominate,etc. What I am advocating is combining the best abilties of the cplayer to the best of a human player. Both have weaknesses than can be overcome.

Who can remember the early computors?

Who also remembers people saying ....."what would I ever use one for .... I can do it faster myself"

:roll:
Yes, but are you going to be providing feedback to the author of Spacelord on the decisions it makes so that he can modify the code to make this work better?

Not that I have any room to talk about people being a bit deranged about their own pet project/client/shiplist... ("Hello Kettle. My, you're quite dark, aren't you?") :wink: :-# :-'

Proteus

Post#8 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:32 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote: Yes, but are you going to be providing feedback to the author of Spacelord on the decisions it makes so that he can modify the code to make this work better?
Yes I will.

For now I just trying to get it work and see how this quick and dirty patch works.

Then I will see if he can provide more control with switches, etc

Return to “Game Suggestions”