FHOST game

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Shardin5

FHOST game

Post#1 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:27 pm

How about another FHOST game with no other addon's. NO SPHERE or anything. No Frills3 will be ending soon, so if you could start the game as it comes to an End that would be great.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: FHOST game

Post#2 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:40 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:How about another FHOST game with no other addon's. NO SPHERE or anything. No Frills3 will be ending soon, so if you could start the game as it comes to an End that would be great.

Whatever you all want...

[This service excludes winning lottery tickets, mowing lawns, free cars, cruises or other destinations.]
Best Regards,

Joe

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: FHOST game

Post#3 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:25 pm

Sysop wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:How about another FHOST game with no other addon's. NO SPHERE or anything. No Frills3 will be ending soon, so if you could start the game as it comes to an End that would be great.

Whatever you all want...

[This service excludes winning lottery tickets, mowing lawns, free cars, cruises or other destinations.]

Void where prohibited by stupidity.

Cherek

Post#4 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:15 am

Will someone send me an email when this game starts taking players. I guess I need to go and download the docs.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#5 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:31 am

Not sure that will help you Sherek, but as you look over the doc's and the missions as well as the built in options are going to be to your liking.
President Ronald Reagan

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:11 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Not sure that will help you Sherek, but as you look over the doc's and the missions as well as the built in options are going to be to your liking.

I've been telling him the same for a year. FHOST brings true carrier style combat into the game. When I first started using it all I could thing was "Why didn't Tim incorperate this kind of stuff into the game???" But I'm glad Michael did. :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#7 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 pm

Sysop wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:Not sure that will help you Sherek, but as you look over the doc's and the missions as well as the built in options are going to be to your liking.

I've been telling him the same for a year. FHOST brings true carrier style combat into the game. When I first started using it all I could thing was "Why didn't Tim incorperate this kind of stuff into the game???" But I'm glad Michael did. :)

I'm not much of a fighter player (even though the Bots are nice). I like the torpedo races. Glancing at the docs, it looks interesting, so I'm going to give it a couple of tries.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#8 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:44 pm

Its not that it makes the Carriers any better, it makes fighters and torps more useful and balanced in the game. I have never liked the 1vs1 ship battles, and there has been lots of Addon's to correct this and several different shiplist and so on. The fighter Missions make more sense to me than anything else I have seen, the Torp missions also have great benefits, I prefer torp style races myself. Jumpgate option with no Aliens, as well. The idea that I could send my fighters from my CT's to go and battle, a Gorbie or a Golem, or a fleet of other Ships, and its the fighters that do the fighting, just like Carriers do now. Scout ships or planes go out and find the enemy while all avoiding the Enemy's Scout ships and planes. Bam you find the enemy before he finds you, your carriers send out their fighters, your Cruisers send out there Cruise missles and so on, all hoping that your intel is still correct and the ship hasn't moved before they arrive. Your fighters and torps can be set to attack the Proper ship, not just the lowest id or FC ship. Through in that the cluster has been sharing technical data for a while and everybody has some of the better options, the inventors, just do it better like sweeping mines. Fixing ships in space and so on, and so on, just read the doc's. I don't play the Empire and even with this host version I doubt I will, but it now makes the Gorbie the Most Feared ship in the Cluster just like it should be. More than Golems Cubes or Virgo's.
President Ronald Reagan

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#9 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:54 pm

The current discussion on an FHost game has wandered over here
and goes somethign like this:

An FHost game starting sometime after April 15th with no add-ons (other than FHost, obviously) has four players willing to play so far: Shardin (Enemy #1), Cherek, BANE, and Zaphod Beeblebrox.

B A N E

Post#10 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:05 pm

Maybe it should wander right back here?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#11 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:09 pm

B A N E wrote:Maybe it should wander right back here?

"That would be a very good plan Piglet," said Pooh.

...and I gather from what ][avok was saying, that he's going to play in the FHost game also.

Shardin5

Post#12 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:13 pm

So we have, Bane, Zap, Sherek, Enemy#1, Merlyn, Havok.
Halfway there already. Lord Dorki, are you up to the task? What about some our Lurkers like Sam and Adama? Or the Long and almost Forgettne BattlestarHost? Maybe, Static can pull his head out and join. Where is dear old Proteus at? Darkie how about you? Could be an interesting game for you as well.
President Ronald Reagan

B A N E

think, think, think...

Post#13 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:17 pm

So, is this going to be Phost or TimHost?

Are the yungins gonna make us old farts read two manuals instead
of just one.

:lol:

Shardin5

Post#14 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:19 pm

Lets keep it simple TimHost, but I am always up for a phost game.
Man talk about having some option in a game though. :P :P :shock: :shock: :P :P
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#15 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:24 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Lets keep it simple TimHost, but I am always up for a phost game.
Man talk about having some option in a game though. :P :P :shock: :shock: :P :P

Later on the PHost and FHost game, lets get use to the FHost first.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Game Suggestions”