New Games

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Battlestar Host

New Games

Post#1 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:57 pm

I don't care what we have, but we need some more! Lets see at least three new games out here.... one vanilla... and maybe one with Orbiter? A good mix of addons would be nice too... like Raceplus and Starbase Plus, and Machines of Yore.

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: New Games

Post#2 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:58 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:I don't care what we have, but we need some more! Lets see at least three new games out here.... one vanilla... and maybe one with Orbiter? A good mix of addons would be nice too... like Raceplus and Starbase Plus, and Machines of Yore.

Ed

More are coming an soon... You know the hardest part of making a new game isn't the settings, it's coming up with a cool name that isn't/hasn't been used somewhere else :shock:
Best Regards,

Joe

Battlestar Host

Post#3 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:03 pm

Sysop wrote:
Battlestar Host wrote:I don't care what we have, but we need some more! Lets see at least three new games out here.... one vanilla... and maybe one with Orbiter? A good mix of addons would be nice too... like Raceplus and Starbase Plus, and Machines of Yore.

Ed

More are coming an soon... You know the hardest part of making a new game isn't the settings, it's coming up with a cool name that isn't/hasn't been used somewhere else :shock:

LOL.. yes... sorry man, all the Tom Clancy novels have been used up already... except for I think maybe Red Rabbit, but I can't bring myself to make a game with that name in it.. :P

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Lord Admiral Static IRJTN

Post#4 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:18 pm

Ed

Yummy....... Aliens!!!! & MOY.........
Lord Admiral Static :static:
Emperor of the Echo Cluster
El Presidente'
Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy

Armendariz

Post#5 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:09 pm

name counterassault
host 999
some new map

no addon's

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#6 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:45 pm

Armendariz wrote:name counterassault
host 999
some new map

no addon's

I'd go for a game like that, but I can't get over TLIST.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Armendariz wrote:name counterassault
host 999
some new map

no addon's

I'd go for a game like that, but I can't get over TLIST.

TLIST isn't an addon... It's a ship list :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Shardin5

Post#8 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:35 pm

Ed

I was thinking Havok could be nice and Start a Phost game, with MOY, Starbase+(no raceplus). Merlyn gave us such a good(to bad no phost) game with the IRJTN game, but can't play in it. Maybe Havok who should be having fun in that one could build one here at Circus. I know Yanaga needs a new game. :twisted: I know the host on this site has time for a game now too, since he has been forced out in one now. \:D/ :-'
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#9 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:08 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:I was thinking Havok could be nice and Start a Phost game, with MOY, Starbase+(no raceplus). Merlyn gave us such a good(to bad no phost) game with the IRJTN game, but can't play in it. Maybe Havok who should be having fun in that one could build one here at Circus. I know Yanaga needs a new game. :twisted: I know the host on this site has time for a game now too, since he has been forced out in one now. \:D/ :-'

Phost sounds good, no Orbiter, no Aliens, no RacePlus, Starbase+ good, standard or alternate ship list is good, rich to extra rich minerals, 18000 MCs on HW, 5 planets, 3 ships, MOY is okay, # of minefields no limited per race, 999 ships and the game ends with last one standing or by popular vote. Anyone else have anything else to add or change?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#10 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:58 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Phost sounds good, no Orbiter, no Aliens, no RacePlus, Starbase+ good, standard or alternate ship list is good, rich to extra rich minerals, 18000 MCs on HW, 5 planets, 3 ships, MOY is okay, # of minefields no limited per race, 999 ships and the game ends with last one standing or by popular vote. Anyone else have anything else to add or change?

Sounds like a good game. I'm not real sure about MOY, I've never played with it and it seems like it would give a rather large advantage to the races with HYP ships. (Particularly those who will use my PCC script. If I ever get it written.) Definitly no raceplus. Bleh. I played with that one, it is pretty much a waste. Oh, and TLIST. Of course. I'm sure everybody is shocked that I'd want to use TLIST, right?

Other than MOY, I'm all for it, and I'm not particularly against MOY.

Shardin5

Post#11 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:14 pm

MOY, doesn't favor anybody,
its a crap even with 5 sets, everybody gets there fair share of them.
It does give you reason to colonize planets as fast as you can though.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Sysop
Site Admin

Naaaaaaaaaaah

Post#12 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Nah, I'm tired of running VGAP... I'm done....

Think I'll take this place down and build a Laverne & Shirley fansite. :^o
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#13 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:09 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:MOY, doesn't favor anybody,

Then lets drop MOY and go with Phost and Starbase+. What about ship list, go with the standard or shall we give tlist a try?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Nfredible

Post#14 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:30 pm

I would just liek to say, that Lenny and Squiggy never got their due. They were the crux of the show. They were the true Yang of Laverne and Shirley's Ying.
Lord N'fred
"given any chance, we'll take it, given any move we'll make it!!"

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#15 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:04 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:MOY, doesn't favor anybody,

Then lets drop MOY and go with Phost and Starbase+. What about ship list, go with the standard or shall we give tlist a try?

*looks a bit mental*
*starts chanting*
TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!TLIST!!!!
*looks around to see if anybody else is joining in*

You're baiting me, aren't you? lol

Return to “Game Suggestions”