Helping New Players Get Started.......

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#31 » Thu May 04, 2006 2:58 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Havok wrote:Forums can be a bit intimidating as well. I think lots of times people thing they're gonna get jumped for asking a question.
I think that Havok hit on the main reason why a lot of new players don't ask questions in the forum. I think another reason is that they think that if they say they are new, that they will become an easy target for the experienced players in the game.
So maybe what we need is a new person care taker that won't take advantage of them and give them advice to moderate a forum for them. This of course leaves Enemy#1 and Static out of the mix.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#32 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:13 pm

I would be very helpful, ask some of the newbies in games I am in now.
I am a very helpful person, unless my HW is less then 3 turns away from people. :twisted: :P :twisted:
I think a good idea is to set a Newbie vs a More Experience person, not in a allied mode, but as an enemy, a game with lots of good starting goodies, and about 30 turns. Let the Newbie attack and defend, and then after certain tactics are tried, they share info, on why something worked or didn't work. Just setting up a newbie with a good player as a partner, can lead to some people just being used as a pawn, and not really learning.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

hennef

Post#33 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:36 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:I would be very helpful, ask some of the newbies in games I am in now.
I am a very helpful person, unless my HW is less then 3 turns away from people. :twisted: :P :twisted:
I think a good idea is to set a Newbie vs a More Experience person, not in a allied mode, but as an enemy, a game with lots of good starting goodies, and about 30 turns. Let the Newbie attack and defend, and then after certain tactics are tried, they share info, on why something worked or didn't work. Just setting up a newbie with a good player as a partner, can lead to some people just being used as a pawn, and not really learning.
would be another good idea :)

but what about a new top-topic: area for newbees!

the "outing-area" :P
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Game Suggestions”