Its get ready to RUMBLE TIME! Kiwi V.s. Aussie!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Its get ready to RUMBLE TIME! Kiwi V.s. Aussie!

Post#1 » Mon May 15, 2006 7:59 am

Gunna-Do and myself throw down the Gauntlet to any aspiring Aussies to put their Carriers where their mouths are!

We propose a 2 x 2 player game.

Are there two brave Aussies out there?! :twisted:

gunnado

Post#2 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:26 am

And to be fair there were some very Disparaging remarks made
about the state of New Zealand Rugby..

And as such we feel the Gauntlet must indeed be thrown out there...

A Trial by Combat, no less

And to the VICTOR goes the spoils....

Total humilition and Degredation of the opposing trans-tasman side..

So as some wise person once said

" Bring It On "

cheers
Gunnado

Kid Khan

Post#3 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:46 am

I mean... what you guys call sports down there.. "Rubgy"... excuse me... in the civilized parts of the world you get in jail for a public behavior like that. And while we're at it...do I REALLY have to mention "Cricket"???

With the Soccer World Champs at the doorstep you could try and learn from the real artists on the field, but I guess thats a waste anyway.... look at the Brits!

Do I have to throw more gauntlets? 2 on 2 sounds boring, how about a sort of national team battle of 5 x 2?

Cardno

Post#4 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:48 am

Don't know that there are 5 kiwis on this site Kid Khan! :roll:

Kid Khan

Post#5 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 am

Cardno wrote:Don't know that there are 5 kiwis on this site Kid Khan! :roll:
5 nations of 2 players each.

FLETCH

Post#6 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:55 am

Boys

You see how many Kiwi players you can muster up and I'll do the same with the Aussies.

We can talk numbers in a few days. Thats if you guys can can pull yourselves away from the Baa Baas long enough. :wink:

OK wait for the fire works........
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#7 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:02 am

Looking forward to it Fletch!

Cardno

Post#8 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:07 am

Kid Khan wrote:
Hey Kid Khan, didn't mean to ignore your post...... mmmmm an interesting possibility also.....

FLETCH

Post#9 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:16 am

Cardno if you prefer just 2 on 2 thats would be OK. Less people to coordinate.

We could nut out game details and get things happening. Nothing too cluttered, a No Frills type of thing. Maybe a custom map. No add-ons. Just the basics.

What do you think?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Kid Khan

Post#10 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:23 am

Cardno wrote:
Kid Khan wrote:
Hey Kid Khan, didn't mean to ignore your post...... mmmmm an interesting possibility also.....
No problem, Cardno, t'was just an idea. If you guys prefer the local battle, its alright. It has probably more emotions in it... ;) Sorry for chipping in!

Gilgamesh

Post#11 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:54 am

Kid Khan wrote:
With the Soccer World Champs at the doorstep you could try and learn from the real artists on the field, but I guess thats a waste anyway.... look at the Brits!

Do I have to throw more gauntlets? 2 on 2 sounds boring, how about a sort of national team battle of 5 x 2?
Hey now - don't be saying bad things about my homeland..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

A Planets "Nations Cup" - hmmmmmm - I could play for England or Canada (Klingons with hockey sticks - that should strike fear into the bravest of hearts...).

Damn this site! I keep on hearing about more games I want to play in!

Cheers

Gilgamesh
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Kid Khan

Post#12 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:25 am

Gilgamesh wrote: Hey now - don't be saying bad things about my homeland..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
England? You mean this funny little nutshell bouncing on the waves, whose politicians stand in line to crawl up the bottoms of their oversea-wonnabe-brothers? You mean those Brits, who spent 5 days in a row sitting on a bench watching someone trying to hit a ball with a wooden club? Those Brits, who think of themselves as the top of the evolutionary ladder, because they know how to prepare... tea? Someone please tell that old sissy over there we've reached the 21st century... pencils have been invented meanwhile!
8)

Gilgamesh

Post#13 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:46 am

Ah yes - the list of people that don't like England is indeed a long one, so I'll tell you what, we'll take all our stuff and go home.

our parliamentary system
our judicial system
our electric lightbulb (demonstrated by a Mr. Swan of Sunderland 10 months before Edison)
our motor car (demonstrated by Christopher Holtum of London around 180 years before that Benz fellow showed up)
our submarine (Charles 1st of England had a ride in one in the 1600's - about 100 years before America's Bushnell model)
and while we're at it, we will repeal Sir Isaac Newton's law of gravity

...and that's just for starters. You're right - you guys don't need us or our stuff. We will take it all back and we won't bother you again.

I like the idea of this Planets Nations Cup more and more.....

Gilgamesh
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#14 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:17 pm

Now if I could just find a fellow VGAP player from South Africa on this site, we could have our own Tri-Nations Cup. (For those non-rugby nations - That's a rugby cup between the 3 best teams in the souther hemisphere)

Hmm. Nice!

Mika

Post#15 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:31 pm

oh... I hear so many strange things here

the nation cup idea is really great but somehow I think I won't find someone from Austria. And I don't want to get annexed by Germany again. It didn't last long the first time and cause many many problems... well, you know the story.

But Brits... nothing against brits but have you ever seen how they are cooking!? I wonder that there are still citizens left. I'd prefer to starve before I eat what they cook.

And soccer!? You mean those primitive guys that think they have to spit on the lawn all the time? Those genious boys that smash their head against each other just to get hit by a ball?

At this time I should say (just to give you something to laugh about) that tennis is the only real sport. Elegance and power combined with smart strategies and civilized behavior.

Ok, that's enough for now
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Return to “Game Suggestions”