Its get ready to RUMBLE TIME! Kiwi V.s. Aussie!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Post#46 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:59 am

My suggested game was:

Mods: Teleport & GivePlan Random Generated Map. Rich HW, Random Rich Planets. High Pop, Very High Money. Starbase @ HW w/ 2 ships.

OK I'll go with Starbase+ instead of Teleport if we have GivePlan as well.

So now looks like:

Mods: Starbase+ & GivePlan, Custom Map (Rift). Rich HW, Random Rich Planets. High Pop, Very High Money. Starbase @ HW w/ 2 Ships.

What do you think?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#47 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:09 am

Let's DO it!

May the Carnage Commence........

How are we going to choose races? Do we need someone in NovaScotia or elsewhere to flip a coin................

FLETCH

Post#48 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:22 am

Thats the curley question. I'm 99% sure of my partner in crime but haven't been in touch with him tonight. I've sent him a copy of the game info I suggested and I'll get a definate confirmation. Then if we pick a day and time to open up the game then we can jump on and put in for our races I guess. I figured we would get it to host at a time that suits this end of the world, what do you reckon? Speaking of hosting, how often do you want?
FLETCH

Sinner

Post#49 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:32 am

I've organised Drake666 to join me in this one, he's another Aussie who is keen. I bet Sinner will be kicking himself when he finds out about this game

Hi Fletch

Dont write me out of this one just yet "Vanilla Atrosities" is due to finish in 15 turns.

If you get Drale666 to join i put forward the question to Havok to let fit one more game in for the next few weeks till "Vanilla Atrosities" is finished. :wink:

Regards Sinner
Up here in space, I'm looking down on you
My Lasers trace, Everything you do
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

FLETCH

Post#50 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:36 am

Sounds good Sinner, lets hope there is a third Kiwi available. Let us know what ][avok says.
FLETCH

FLETCH

Post#51 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:38 am

What should we call it?

I thought "ANZAC Test I"
FLETCH

Sinner

Post#52 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:39 am

FLETCH wrote:Sounds good Sinner, lets hope there is a third Kiwi available. Let us know what ][avok says.
Hi Fletch

I am sure with the 330 odd registered players at this site surely there will be another Kiwi in there somewhere.
Up here in space, I'm looking down on you
My Lasers trace, Everything you do
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

FLETCH

Post#53 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:45 am

Maybe the single South African Louisvdw could be an honorary Kiwi if they can't find a third player. That would be up to Cardno and GunnaDo of course, this was thier idea.
FLETCH

Cardno

Post#54 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:23 pm

Sinner wrote:I've organised Drake666 to join me in this one, he's another Aussie who is keen. I bet Sinner will be kicking himself when he finds out about this game

Hi Fletch

Dont write me out of this one just yet "Vanilla Atrosities" is due to finish in 15 turns.

If you get Drale666 to join i put forward the question to Havok to let fit one more game in for the next few weeks till "Vanilla Atrosities" is finished. :wink:

Regards Sinner

Hey sinner - why don't you just surrender in no frills IX? That way you could have a fresh start at me....

if we can't find another kiwi, do you want to hold it to two players on each side or do you want us to consider whether one of us can play more races so Sinner can jump in?

Re time for turns to run. It would be nice if they could run around 6pm NZ time. I'm fairly easy on the time thing

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#55 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:13 pm

FLETCH wrote:Maybe the single South African Louisvdw could be an honorary Kiwi if they can't find a third player. That would be up to Cardno and GunnaDo of course, this was thier idea.
If you need me, I'm willing to play. But Cardno and GunnaDo have only played 6 turn in a game with me, so I don't know if they know me well enough to want me in their team. Your call.

Cardno

Post#56 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:33 pm

Hey Dude - what game are we in together?

Dude - is South Africa now officially part of NZ? :shock: :lol:

gunnado

Post#57 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Well as we are all colonial,
Im sure we can assume a S/A into a Kiwi side if we cant find another player ( Kiwi ).

No disrespect intended Louisvdw.
Its just we really want to slam these Aussie Gits :D :D :D .

And no doubt we will, but having a S/A on the team, just negates our braggin rights, they will just say the " Bocker" won it for you..

So you see the delima...

But as the S/As probably want a shot at the Aussies, just as much as we do.. Your in as far as Im concerned..

Cardno will Have to agree thou..

No More Aussies to appear out of the woodwork thou..

And Cardno hurry out and get the details sorted Im frothing at the mouth..

I want a piece of my old Allie

Later All
Steve

Cardno

Post#58 » Tue May 16, 2006 10:27 pm

I'm good for a South African to join us - as long as the Aussies are happy with it. If they are - welcome aboard. Will make it more interesting to have 3 on 3 races.

I guess after this one, we could do a southern hemisphere vs. northern hemisphere one..... :) :P

Cardno

Kiwis (+Sth African) V.s Aussies Game Config.

Post#59 » Tue May 16, 2006 10:39 pm

Starbase+ & GivePlan, Custom Map (Rift). Rich HW, Random Rich Planets. High Pop, Very High Money. Starbase @ HW w/ 2 Ships.

I will email havoc and ask him to create for us.

We now need to decide how to pick races. Two suggestions:

1 Havoc tosses a coin and whoever wins, has first race choice. We then alternate until finished.

2. Each side submits their races. No side can submit the same race more than once. Where that race is not selected by the other side, it is locked in.
Where both sides select the same race, Havoc could toss a coin for each side to see who wins. Losers choice a new race, if losers choose same race - process above continues.

Other suggestions?

FLETCH

Post#60 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 pm

Choice 2 works for me.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Drake666 yet today but I'll keep trying and confirm all details with him asap.

If ][avok can set it up so it's ready to go, then when all are happy, we can get started.

Host 3 days a week say Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or when all trns are in?
If host runs at 0300 (USA) then that would make it 1600 (NZ) and 1800 (AUS). Does that suit everyone?

Any word from ][avok about Sinner, can he play?
FLETCH

Return to “Game Suggestions”