Its get ready to RUMBLE TIME! Kiwi V.s. Aussie!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#76 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Just to clarify that I understand the way the 2 teams will pick races.

Each team will give ][avoc their 1 choice of 3 races. Will everyone see these choices or only ][avoc?

For each unique choice the team will get that race, but if both team choose that same race, ][avoc will flip a coin, deciding the winning team. The losers will choose another race, which may or may not be a duplicate choice. If a race choice went to ][avoc's coin for a decision, that race may not be chosen again.

The question is: Does only ][avoc see all 3 race choices per team as we go through the process, or does everybody?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#77 » Thu May 18, 2006 1:33 pm

Cardno wrote:Hi Everyone.

Sorry i haven't been back sooner, spent the night with the GF. She supports my vga habit (what a wonderful lass!),

I have emailed the following Game Specifications to Havok

Game Config: Starbase+ & GivePlan, Custom Map (Rift). Rich HW, Random Rich Planets. High Pop, Very High Money. Starbase @ HW w/ 2 Ships.

Host Times: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or when all trns are in
host runs at 0300 (USA)

Race Selection: Each side submits their races. No side can submit the same race more than once. Where that race is not selected by the other side, it is locked in.
Where both sides select the same race, Havoc could toss a coin for each side to see who wins. Losers choice a new race, if losers choose same race - process above continues.

Fletch - I have done the honourable thing to save your marriage by keeping your turn day requests. I would hate for one of those 500,000 kiwis to make a move on a discontented wife..... :shock: :P

Teams to email their initial race requests to Havok any time from now. Havok to advise when he has both team's request in and the initial result. Let's try to aim to get our requests in by about this time tomorrow.

Cheers
Cardno,

I got your email and will try and get the game built on Friday or Sat so you can all get a turn this weekend. I'll post again soon.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#78 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:34 pm

Just do your Wing Commander turn, 1st. :twisted:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#79 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:44 pm

Louisvdw wrote: The question is: Does only ][avoc see all 3 race choices per team as we go through the process, or does everybody?
With the way we are selecting this team game, it doesn't matter if we all see it or not. So as long as Havoc has time and he is able to, a post here would be good. But it is quite a convoluted process, so up to him i would say!

Thanks for getting things organised Havoc

gunnado

Post#80 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:25 am

Had a natter with our Illustrious and rather Smelly :D :D host
this afternoon,

Havok is going to have a look at building the game tonight.

Nice Guy that he is.. lmao

Some days Im just to funny

Steve

FLETCH

Post#81 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 am

Can I ask that ][avok post the complete settings for us all to see before it actually starts? Just to confirm, then we can get into the hunting of flightless birds.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

gunnado

Post#82 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:09 am

dont forget the Kiwi,s made extinct the giant Moa

And Kiwi,s are a protected species. you may not kill them..
you can get 7 years in jail, and a blood curse on you for even thinking on it

Shame Shame Shame on you

Cherek

Post#83 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:41 am

gunnado wrote:you can get 7 years in jail, and a blood curse on you for even thinking on it
Only if you get caught at it.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

FLETCH

Post#84 » Fri May 19, 2006 6:41 am

In contrast to that Australia is the only country where it is legal to eat the animals on thier coat of arms. Kangaroo is actually very lean, almost no fat. Haven't had Emu yet though..... :wink:
FLETCH

Shardin5

Post#85 » Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 am

FLETCH wrote:In contrast to that Australia is the only country where it is legal to eat the animals on thier coat of arms. Kangaroo is actually very lean, almost no fat. Haven't had Emu yet though..... :wink:
Kangaroo's are good fast moving Target for training on too. Hard to hit the buggers at 1500m's when they are on the move. Some of the best practice I ever had.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Six_Of_One

Post#86 » Fri May 19, 2006 10:20 am

Since i dont fancy sheep, i have no probs with kiwis livin in Oz......... just wish some of them would get a job :wink:

Cherek

Post#87 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:23 am

Zero_Of_None wrote:Since i dont fancy sheep, i have no probs with kiwis livin in Oz......... just wish some of them would get a job :wink:
If you don't fancy sheep, that what do you fancy, maybe something that doesn't run so fast? :-'
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#88 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:59 pm

Warratahs (Sydney) v.s Hurricans (Wellington)

14 - 16

It must hurt Fletch, that for the what, third year in the row, the Warratahs have fallen at the last hurdle..... Great game though. Looks like after the Crusaders clean up the Bulls tonight (sorry Louis) that it will be an all Kiwi Super 14 Final. :P :P :P

FLETCH

Post#89 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:09 am

I held hopes for the Waratahs to pull off an upset but really I don't think anyone was surprised. You're right about it being a good game. I think the Tahs need some forwards with a bit of agro, someone to fire up the go forward. How great was Loti Tuquiri, Union did well to steal him from league.
FLETCH

Cardno

Post#90 » Sat May 20, 2006 1:03 am

Yup Tuquiri is getting better. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Wendall is going to be playing much more Union...

Louis and I are just waiting to hear from Steve - I haven't seen him online for a couple of days now, so just need to chat to him before submitting race choices. How are you guys going, got yours in yet?

Return to “Game Suggestions”