"Star Fleet Battles" anyone??

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Klauser

Post#46 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:31 pm

B A N E wrote:I was curious and am glad to hear you don't recommend a start from one HW setup.
B A N E ,

Just to make sure we're clear on this - I don't recommend we play SFB on the F&E map. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it's somewhat smaller than a normal map and each races homeworld (i.e. Feds=Earth, Romulans=Romulus) is NOT evenly spaced out for a fair start-from-scratch game.

I developed SFB to be a ship/weapons mod (or replacement list) so players could start out a game (be it from a single homeworld, small starting empire, Wandering Tribes, etc). It should be flexible enough that it will support either mineral rich or poor settings, and should work with most major addons.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Klauser

Post#47 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:21 pm

For all you players who were interested in playing, ][avok has the game set up and ready for you to choose races.

Run and get your favorite SFB race before it's too late!!!
Klauser

Cherek

Post#48 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:28 pm

Hey Havok, is it possible to rename the races to reflect the SFB races instead of VGA Planets?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#49 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:30 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Hey Havok, is it possible to rename the races to reflect the SFB races instead of VGA Planets?
They are renamed in the game itself. If you're in the game you should have received a race.nm file.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#50 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:29 pm

I'm not joining, too many games.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#51 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:46 am

Nor am I. Someone has already taken the Kzinti, and I am probably in too many games for my own good anyway.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#52 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:07 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Nor am I. Someone has already taken the Kzinti, and I am probably in too many games for my own good anyway.
There will be more down the road.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#53 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:43 am

Havok wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Nor am I. Someone has already taken the Kzinti, and I am probably in too many games for my own good anyway.
There will be more down the road.
That is a good thing. In several games that I’m in, I was hoping to be eliminated by now, but the other players are proving to be very inapt at finishing me off quickly.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Klauser

Post#54 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:18 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I'm not joining, too many games.
Sorry to hear it guys - I'd loved to have gotten your opinion of the game after playing it.
Klauser

hennef

Post#55 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:20 am

Klauser wrote:
Sorry to hear it guys - I'd loved to have gotten your opinion of the game after playing it.
you´ll get mine instead ;)
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#56 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:43 am

Klauser wrote:
Good news and bad news. Good news, it looks like the CoM and the Lizards are now working together to eliminate me. The bad news is it won't effect me joining a game here since the the game is elsewhere. :(
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#57 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:32 pm

I wanted to play in this one, too, I hope you run one like this towards the end of Polestar, Tlist has been less than impressive. FHOST is turning into my Favorite add right now, and I am glad to see you have PHOST up and running, maybe in January, we can get the Grudge game back on track.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#58 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:45 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:I wanted to play in this one, too, I hope you run one like this towards the end of Polestar, Tlist has been less than impressive. FHOST is turning into my Favorite add right now, and I am glad to see you have PHOST up and running, maybe in January, we can get the Grudge game back on track.
If he does, when the game ends, you can add another defeat to your record. :P
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#59 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:52 pm

I would still like to know when YOU have beaten me in a game WITHOUT, at least one other Member of the IRJTN as your ally? Heck made a custom game for you guys, so all 3 of the hardcare members of the IRJTN, were in on it together, game was a complete laugher, you all just wimpered away.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#60 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:07 pm

No Frills III
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Game Suggestions”