Game development

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Lazer

Game development

Post#1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi everyone playing No Frills 123,

So what do you guys think about how this game is developing? To me it looks like the masterful logistics of the Klingon has already won the game (great job). The Feds and myself (colonies) are nowhere near score-wise... Also, I am not close to the Klingon, so going to war to stop him is not a good option either.

So, what do you guys think? Should we just vote the Klingon the winner and get i over with? Personally I say yes, because I do not want to spend more time on a game with an obvious winner. I would like to hear your opinions...

BTW. I am a bit disappointed that there are four computer players. One of those players dropped the moment he was attacked...

Gavan

Re: Game development

Post#2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi All,

I also agree that the Klingon's have this one already won.

I have just started into the Feds but I am happy to call this game as I am sure I will get another shot at Gil sometime in the future. :evil: The best I expect I could do out of this game is about third and it would take a bit of luck for me to get there.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 am

It seems a bit early, but maybe put up a poll and see how the vote goes.

Agreed that nobody's going to take out the Klingon.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 am

Gavan wrote:Hi All,

I am sure I will get another shot at Gil sometime in the future. :evil:
Hey! What did I ever do to you?????
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#5 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:51 am

Gilgamesh wrote:

You were the closest race to me and you were busy looking elsewhere. =D>
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Chorgey

Post#6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 am

I agree that it's a bit early to end a game but given the fact that the Klingon is the clear cut winner and that the only spot which would really be sought after is third place, maybe a vote should be put up.

I realize that I'm in the lower portion of the scoring but maybe, just maybe I had something to do with those Q players. All of the Q races were once next to or near me.

Whatever the majority says is okay with me.
South Jersey

Gilgamesh

Post#7 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 am

Gavan wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:

You were the closest race to me and you were busy looking elsewhere. =D>
The borg are in retreat - I trust you saw that cube go "boom" this turn? Those Novas you see in open space and a whole lot more are heading your way, bird boy... :twisted:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Lazer

Post#8 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Colonies vote to end game.

Yes, I understand that it feel a bit early to end the game before turn 50. I can only answer for myself. Personally I think the Klingon have this game won already. There is no way I can stop him (to far away from me). I will also no be able to beat him score-wise. At the moment my Empire is to small and I do not have enough spare time to really dedicate myself to maximizing logistics for SB and ship building (2-hours per turn is the best I can do). Also, I am stuck fighting a Q-player and there is really no joy in defeating a computer player. I kind of defeats the purpose of the game I think. I really dislike players dropping from games. Personally I think one should play until all ships and planets are conquered. The game was originally set for 100 turns, so once you sign on you should commit to it - even if things turn out badly.

Perhaps someone with more Circus-Maximus forum knowledge can put up a poll? I don't know how it is done. I will respect the vote and continue to play if the majority think that is best.

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 pm

I can put up a poll for you.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#10 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Last edited by Gilgamesh on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Captain Blood

Post#11 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 pm

I agree to end the game too and thank you to all who stayed in. I will continue to play to i see the game end, but the sooner the better as i doubt anything will change.

I newer meet a human player who stayed longer than a few turns, and i had been looking very much forward to POP them. Popping the Q is not that interesting.

Could very well be that crystal drove them out for me, as he was engaging the same players from the north as i was from the south. That is also the reason crystal is not in such a good position, even if it looks like he secured himself a lot of planets. :twisted:

I wonder how many ships the Priv managed to steal, he might have influenced some players leave as well.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Den

Post#12 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Well as I'm at the bottom, I agree we should end this.

Den

Chorgey

Post#13 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:13 pm

I'd like to see what the last .RST is, since a few of us submitted a turn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
South Jersey

Gilgamesh

Post#14 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:00 pm

is tonight the last turn? Lazer - did you hear from ][avok?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Lazer

Post#15 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:43 am

Gilgamesh wrote:is tonight the last turn? Lazer - did you hear from ][avok?
I did send in my turn. I have not heard back from ][avok yet.

Return to “No Frills 123”