Any thoughts?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Lazer

Any thoughts?

Post#1 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Any thoughts on the game so far?

I play the Colonies in this game.

I am new to Circus-Maximus. I used to play at RCworld, but after Ricky closed it down I did not play much. I dabbled a little with Planets.nu, but found it cumbersome to play without Echoview. Thus, I decided to try Circus-Maximus instead. This is my first game here. I usually prefer vanilla invasion games, but decided to try a No Frills game because this game was free and ready to start.

The Fascist shipbuilding really impresses me. I think we reached the ship limit rather quickly. It took me a little by surprise.

Captain Blood

Re: Any thoughts?

Post#2 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:34 am

Thank you :)

It is a question of planning and logistic,

Balancing the minerals and money for building up planets, bases and ships, and having enough freighter capability to move clans and minerals.

The Teleport add on makes it a lot easier to move clans to tax natives down to 31% early in this game. I doubt i had any above 35% happiness the turn we reached the 500 ship limit. I see it as more important to get ships build than being able to growt tax the natives for the turns it take for them to recover when the ship limit is reached.

When to tax below 70% is the question, but there is no formula for that it all come down to circumstances individual for each game. Most would probaly do good with taxing down to 31% before the 500 ship limit is reached and use growth tax after that.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Lazer wrote:Any thoughts on the game so far?

I play the Colonies in this game.

I am new to Circus-Maximus. I used to play at RCworld, but after Ricky closed it down I did not play much. I dabbled a little with Planets.nu, but found it cumbersome to play without Echoview. Thus, I decided to try Circus-Maximus instead. This is my first game here. I usually prefer vanilla invasion games, but decided to try a No Frills game because this game was free and ready to start.

The Fascist shipbuilding really impresses me. I think we reached the ship limit rather quickly. It took me a little by surprise.
Welcome to the site Lazer. In my opinion there's only one way to play VGAP and that's RST & TRN files, the client of your choice and any 3rd party tools you want to use.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:06 pm

No Frills are the "Vanilia" games here at C-M :)
Teleport might be in the mix, but that is it.

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Thoughts on the game?

I'm having fun! Getting to like the Feds more every time I play them. I agree, we hit the ship limit early, but the Captain seems to be good at cranking out bases and ships. I will keep chasing him but I'm not sure I'll actually catch him.

Gil
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “No Frills 123”