Teleport mod

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Lazer

Teleport mod

Post#1 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:45 pm

This game has the Teleport mod. I am used to playing vanilla VGAP and I have not tried the Teleport mod before.

I found this explanation: http://www.circus-maximus.com/teleport.htm
I have followed the instructions, but I do not think it works for me. Is there something I am missing?

albatross

Re: Teleport mod

Post#2 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:40 pm

If you set friendly codes according to the doc file and nothing happened, you might have tried to teleport from/to planets which don't have a base.

Lazer

Post#3 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:55 pm

albatross wrote:If you set friendly codes according to the doc file and nothing happened, you might have tried to teleport from/to planets which don't have a base.
Are the f-codes supposed to be in caps og no-caps?

FireAge

Post#4 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

They have to be CAPS.

For instance:
Planet 43, FC=TXM
Planet 56, FC=RXM

Also, only one planet can receive a certain type, but many can send.
You can receive different type (minerals, MC etc) on different planets on the same turn.

You can make use of this addon program (teleport viewer): http://www.albasoft.de/vgap/files/tpview_1_6.zip

It can help you check to see where what is going. It has one small bug, which is that you can send or receive with planets at which you are building a base in the same turn you build. This is not shown in the tpview program.

Or if you use VPA, you can update to the newest version by Qapla.
It has a teleport viewer build in under CTRL-V.

albatross

Post#5 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:16 pm

FireAge wrote:It can help you check to see where what is going. It has one small bug, which is that you can send or receive with planets at which you are building a base in the same turn you build. This is not shown in the tpview program
You're using the latest version I guess (or VPA..), thought had that fixed. Will look into it.

FireAge

Post#6 » Sun May 11, 2014 2:03 am

Ah that might be. I stopped using it after Quapla embedded it into VPA.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lazer

Post#7 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:27 pm

FireAge wrote:They have to be CAPS.

For instance:
Planet 43, FC=TXM
Planet 56, FC=RXM

Also, only one planet can receive a certain type, but many can send.
You can receive different type (minerals, MC etc) on different planets on the same turn.

You can make use of this addon program (teleport viewer): http://www.albasoft.de/vgap/files/tpview_1_6.zip

It can help you check to see where what is going. It has one small bug, which is that you can send or receive with planets at which you are building a base in the same turn you build. This is not shown in the tpview program.

Or if you use VPA, you can update to the newest version by Qapla.
It has a teleport viewer build in under CTRL-V.
Thank you for the tip. I got it working now. That program was very useful.

Return to “No Frills 123”