Welcome to Power Game 3

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Andor

Re: Welcome to Power Game 3

Post#16 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:41 am

Thanks for compiling the shiplist. Grabbed a copy for myself as well.

Kassengestell

Post#17 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:24 am

yes, thx for the list. problem is, from office the link is blocked and from home i cannot open the circus-maximus-page...;)
hmm...
join the mobile infantry

FireAge

Post#18 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:02 am

Copy the link at office and send to yourself at home by mail. [emoji1]

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm looking for at least 2 more players to get this game started. Who's up to the challenge???
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#20 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 am

Surely there is 2 more people out there tired of playing vanilla games and looking for a challenge? C'mon join the power game. I promise you'll have a great old school experience.
Regards,
][avok

Andor

Post#21 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:17 am

Havok wrote:I'm looking for at least 2 more players to get this game started. Who's up to the challenge???
Phubar and Lord Loki have joined the fray.

Remaining races that don't have a commander:
The Fascist Empire
http://www.circus-maximus.com/pg4.htm
The Evil Empire
http://www.circus-maximus.com/pg8.htm
The Missing Colonies of Man
http://www.circus-maximus.com/pgb.htm

Andor

Post#22 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:12 am

Wolfgang Merkel is interested in joining as the Fascist. He is currently on holiday and doesn't have a reliable internet connection. If we can delay for another 8 days he will be able to join.

FireAge

Post#23 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:00 am

Sounds good to me. More players, more fun. Even though I hate those fascist missiles.

Lord Firefall

Post#24 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:33 am

I'm cool with that as well.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#25 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 am

No problem we can fit him in. I'll go ahead and add him and send his turn over, that way it's all ready when he gets back.
Regards,
][avok

Kassengestell

Post#26 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:14 am

FireAge wrote:I checked the shiplist in echoview:

Ships for Empire:
IRON SLAVE TORPEDO BOAT
MIG CLASS SCOUT
RU25 GUNBOAT
H-ROSS CLASS LIGHT CARRIER
DEEP SPACE COURIER
NEUTRONIC FUEL CARRIER
SUPER STAR FRIGATE
SUPER STAR CARRIER
DEEP SPACE TRUCK
SUPER STAR DESTROYER
PL21 PROBE
SUPER GUPPY
SUPER STAR CRUISER
MOSCOW EXPERIMENTAL CRAFT
NEUTRONIC REFINERY SHIP
DEATH STAR
MERLIN CLASS ALCHEMY SHIP

Seems like the Iron Slave Torpedo Boat is what you are looking for. I'm unable to extract the stats from echoview on that ship, but if you look at the robot, it's got 80 cargo space, 2 engines, 5 torp tubes, and only requires tech level 1.

I'll try a bit more at extracting the full list, but maybe someone has the full list available?
don't know which game you lokked at...
in MY power game 3 i do NOT have that IRON SLAVE TORPEDO BOAT ... #-o

only a tech7 probe with 20 cargo and this super experimental ship that is more expensive than the death star for minelaying.
seems this game is over before it started. so again i don't wonder why nobody is taking the empire with this shiplist!

and one more question. what is this for a ship:
Mig Scout
A small probe with a considerable range.
There were rumours that Romulans could cloak inactive minefields, and make them active and visible whenever they felt the need for it. Imperial spies have revealed those rumours as fairy tales, and so the Empire has removed any counter devices from the Mig.

can he hyperjump or has something other special ability ??
join the mobile infantry

FireAge

Post#27 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:19 am

That is very strange. The list I made is the output of both tanascius and echoview. Did you put all the right files everywhere?
Did you compare the rest of the ships to the excel I made?

Mig has capability to detect bird cloaked mines, not much else but noone else can according to me.

wmerkel

Post#28 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:00 am

Hello!

Interesting game, interesting players, but lets check everything is set up as intended, please! There is nothing worse than seeing in turn 50 "1 feature + custom specs make race/ship x unbeatable" ! I have seen this once too often, so this is one thing I fear most at vga-p.

I
In my tanascuis and echoview view I dont see the "iron slave torpedo boat" in the empire shiplist, either! Yes, I copied all files which were inside the first rst into my subdirectory. Fireage, did you setup from scratch ? My tanascuis shows the torpedo boat buildable for borg and robot, and his hull id being 84 ! by the way: here (link to power setups) http://www.circus-maximus.com/pg.htm is the iron slave not named for the empire... sounds like a wrong truehull.dat ?

II
I did not know that power even used an alternative shiplist with unity, abhost and jupiter - This is very dangerous. I just saw the ruby class cruiser has the probability jump device from abhost (hull #59), was this done intentionally ? Is it activated ? What are the settings for the addons (default ?) ? Are all other features inside the ships they were designed for ?

My 2 cents.

Kassengestell

Post#29 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:30 am

and again my question about the mig scout??

A small probe with a considerable range
does this mean anything? perhaps hyperjump ?

There were rumours that Romulans could cloak inactive minefields, and make them active and visible whenever they felt the need for it. Imperial spies have revealed those rumours as fairy tales, and so the Empire has removed any counter devices from the Mig.
so there is nothing special to this ship any longer, right ?
join the mobile infantry

FireAge

Post#30 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:45 am

Hmm. I just checked. I used echoview to open the game. Then selected "Specs" "hulls" "all hulls".
Here the iron slave torpedo boat has 6, 8 and 9 behind it, with ID of 85.
However, if I do "Specs" "Hulls" "Empire", its not in the list.
If I do "Specs" "Hulls" "Cyborg", it is in the list at ID 85, and showing 6, 8 and 9 as options...
I'll recheck my shiplist excel to see what else has gone wrong, apparently having an 8 behind it is no guarantee that its in the shiplist of 8. I'll try to put out a new excel.

Maybe on of our hosts can enlighten us and indeed please dont start until all is resolved, as I'm sure this could become a long game.

Return to “Power Game 3”